Anti Olympic signs could mean jail time

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Re: Anti Olympic protesters are now terrorists?

Post by AlanH »

steven lloyd wrote:p.s. no I am not serious
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

AlanH wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:p.s. no I am not serious

Oh oh, another one:

Must be the season ...

- like rabbits on Enterprise :dyinglaughing:
fit4u5
Fledgling

Post by fit4u5 »

theartsyfartsy wrote:Really?
Well, according to MLA Larry Bloy they are. He says in an interview that
"They do not understand, these terrorists, the potential goodwill and economic benefits that come from these Games, because they have a limited intellect and do not understand how the world truly operates."
He followed that gem with this one, "But I really don't support people who use violence and intimidation to promote their agenda or to terrorize horses by throwing marbles in front of them that could've caused a stampede or an injury to a policeman or a death to somebody in the crowd," he said, referring to some protesters' actions at the torch parade in Victoria last week.

First of all, as far as I could tell, the protesters, at least at the rally/march in Victoria. were non - violent, and peaceful, and the protesters were primarily university and college students. I did not see anybody throwing marbles at horses, or being violent in any way. A classmate said several protesters were trying to prevent others from being violent. This was not terrorism, this is free speech, a constitutionally guaranteed right. If you believe That all the protesters are of "limited intellect" there must be a lot of idiots at UVic.....

http://www.bclocalnews.com/greater_vanc ... qus_thread

by calling them terrorist's,he is inviting terrorist's to come here, what an idiot
fit4u5
Fledgling

Re: Anti Olympic signs could mean jail time

Post by fit4u5 »

John500 wrote:Wow, I am amazed this liberal government is serious in proposing a law that can put a person in jail because of a peacfull display of a difference of opinion. What happened to our freedom of speach and expression. Did not the Germans do a similar thing by removing the anti jewish signs just before they hosted the 1936 Summer Olympics? Guess this Provincial Liberal government is taking lessons from Herr Goebbels. Minister of Propaganda during the 3rd Reich. And if they do so, they should dig deeper in history and come to the conclusion how wrong they are. :ohmygod:

SO when is GORDO going grow a HITLER moustache
Cumungala
Übergod

Post by Cumungala »

If this was to go on the list of the world's stupidest things, It would win by a long shot. Why cant people state their opinions?

This reminds me of when this guy came and did a drug talk at my school and swore 37 times during the presentation. When the principal shut it down kids were protesting with signs saying "Bring Stan Back" and "Because Sh*t Happens" The principal suspended all the protesters for 2 weeks. Everyone should be allowed to have an opinion!
Bananaz
Übergod

Post by Bananaz »

Cumungala wrote:If this was to go on the list of the world's stupidest things, It would win by a long shot. Why cant people state their opinions?

This reminds me of when this guy came and did a drug talk at my school and swore 37 times during the presentation. When the principal shut it down kids were protesting with signs saying "Bring Stan Back" and "Because Sh*t Happens" The principal suspended all the protesters for 2 weeks. Everyone should be allowed to have an opinion!

That's supposed to be one of the best things about life, our freedom and freedom of opinion, speech..........seems pretty hypocritial when they try to control us.
Cherish yesterday
Dream tomorrow
Live today
sourdough

Post by sourdough »

steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxD9cVMUoU
This is not what the Olympics is supposed to be about...
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”