How is Canada doing?

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: How is Canada doing?

Post by Queen K »

If I recall correctly, one was predicting the fall of the Canadian Mens Hockey Team into a Silver abyss, hence.... STEVEN! Come and rescue this mess.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

NAB wrote:Can Canada possibly get 5 more???

Nab

No.

There's only 2 medal events left:
Ice Hockey - we do have a chance of winning gold, go Canada!
Cross Country Skiing - I don't think we have a chance, really.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

And if the Canadian Men's Hockey Team has to be a ruinous rabble, for no other reason let's hope a Canadian scores a goal off his skate in the crease.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
mountain_climber4567
Board Meister

Post by mountain_climber4567 »

Captain Awesome wrote:
NAB wrote:Can Canada possibly get 5 more???

Nab

No.

There's only 2 medal events left:
Ice Hockey - we do have a chance of winning gold, go Canada!
Cross Country Skiing - I don't think we have a chance, really.

But if we win the Gold in hockey, we set the record for most Gold ever.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

mountain_climber4567 wrote:But if we win the Gold in hockey, we set the record for most Gold ever.

Yup yup. So.

GO CANADA GO!!!

PS: Can anyone give me $9,000 so I can get into the final game? Won't be able to repay you, but I will give you a hug.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Feb 27th, 2010, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
mountain_climber4567
Board Meister

Jo wrote:Let's keep this thread about the medals, there are lots of other threads about the cost.
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

I am just glad we won in curling - not just because I wanted gold, but because I didn't want to see those clown pants of Norway on the top podium. :)
Liberty and Truth

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Nab - I do find curling a little boring for sure - this game was different given "we" were up for a gold so there was a lot on the line, and Martin is an awesome curler. I curl so I appreciate how good he and Morris are, wow are they good. What I find hilarious is when they go into "slow-mo" mode during a replay of a shot - like it needs to be slowed down anymore than it already is. :dyinglaughing:
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 27th, 2010, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Canada has done well on so many levels. Our medal count speaks for itself and there have been some remarkable individual performances. Joannie Rochette has been an inspiration to us all. As you see the extraordinary performances by the athletes, the camaraderie that develops among the participants from various countries, and the opportunity provided to allow people to excel on a world stage you realize that this is about far more than dollars and cents. VANOC has done a superb job organizing this event, the "own the podium" program has been a success, and our athletes have risen to the occasion. So how is Canada doing? Great, that's how we're doing. And I don't say that as part of a "herd" because I really feel that way!
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Liberty and Truth wrote:Nab - I do find curling a little boring for sure - this game was different given "we" were up for a gold so there was a lot on the line, and Martin is an awesome curler. I curl so I appreciate how good he and Morris are, wow are they good. What I find hilarious is when they go into "slow-mo" mode during a replay of a shot - like it needs to be slowed down anymore than it already is. :dyinglaughing:

Ya, I didn't watch the men's, but did watch the women's. Having done a bit of amateur curling years ago I am constantly amazed as to how accurate these pro's can be.

Except when it really counts big time of course ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Urbane wrote:Canada has done well on so many levels. Our medal count speaks for itself and there have been some remarkable individual performances.

That is true. We should be very proud of our athletes.
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

This thread is about the wins, the medals. I've cleared out all the nonsense. Again. From this point, anyone who - in my view - goes off-topic in this thread will receive a seven day ban on their account.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Queen K wrote:If I recall correctly, one was predicting the fall of the Canadian Mens Hockey Team into a Silver abyss, hence.... STEVEN! Come and rescue this mess.

I'm sorry Queenie. In the first place I make no predictions regarding hockey. Why you ask? Because I don't know anything about hockey (other than the fact the Canadian team has won with Luongo in goal). The only reason I follow hockey on the news is because my brother is a fan, there are a "few" posters here who are fans, and because I am loyal to other sports I know and understand how ridiculously important this is for them (Seeesh, you'd think it was the Masters).

Go Canada !!!
mountain_climber4567
Board Meister

Jo wrote:This thread is about the wins, the medals. I've cleared out all the nonsense. Again. From this point, anyone who - in my view - goes off-topic in this thread will receive a seven day ban on their account.

Thank you for trying to keep ONE thread positive.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

mountain_climber4567 wrote:
    Jo wrote:This thread is about the wins, the medals. I've cleared out all the nonsense. Again. From this point, anyone who - in my view - goes off-topic in this thread will receive a seven day ban on their account.

Thank you for trying to keep ONE thread positive.
Indeed! The own the podium program was a resounding success. While I wish they hadn't talked about winning the most medals of any country what we have achieved in terms of medals won is amazing. And we truly did own the podium when it came to the top rung!

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”