Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
User avatar
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2685
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Cateyes »

Nebula wrote:Being a cynic is easy.


Putting on a 9 billion dollar 2 week party is easy.
Find something to give a damn about!
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22697
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Urbane »

There is nothing easy about hosting the Olympics. VANOC deserves credit for a job very well done. Canadians overwhelming feel that way and are proud of the organization and the performance of the athletes. The cynics are in a small minority.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 64786
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Queen K »

NAB wrote:
jaz301 wrote::nyah: :nyah: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What a game that was. Another gold medal which made history. Most gold medals(14) is the record for most gold medals by a country in the winter Olympics. :nyah: :nyah: :nyah:


Didn't I read somewhere that 37 gold (USA) was the record? Or maybe I just dreamed it? ;-)

Nab



ahemmm any teeth marks in that keyboard yet? :megagrin:

Don't think my heart didn't almost stop when that last 24 second goal was scored, We were cheering at Royale LePage Place and almost fell over. RR24K was somewhere in that crowd, and I have to say, he said he'd be wearing Red and White, but we still couldn't pick him out.

HOCKEY GOLD for MEN's and WOMEN's CANADIAN HOCKEY TEAMS..... :discodance:
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
User avatar
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2685
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Cateyes »

Urbane wrote:There is nothing easy about hosting the Olympics. VANOC deserves credit for a job very well done. Canadians overwhelming feel that way and are proud of the organization and the performance of the athletes. The cynics are in a small minority.


Not talking about putting on the games. I am talking about paying for it. We have NOT...not done that yet.

Vanoc was well paid for what they did. Saying you are proud of Vanoc is like saying you are proud of construction workers that pouring concrete. They pour concrete because they are paid to pour concrete.
Find something to give a damn about!
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27779
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by normaM »

Urbane wrote:There is nothing easy about hosting the Olympics. VANOC deserves credit for a job very well done. Canadians overwhelming feel that way and are proud of the organization and the performance of the athletes. The cynics are in a small minority.


Job well done? snerk
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
User avatar
nolanrh
Übergod
Posts: 1575
Joined: Feb 8th, 2007, 9:13 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by nolanrh »

Cateyes wrote:Vanoc was well paid for what they did. Saying you are proud of Vanoc is like saying you are proud of construction workers that pouring concrete. They pour concrete because they are paid to pour concrete.

If you're going to gripe at least do it well. Your argument requires the assumption that everyone who is paid well does a good job. Complaining is one thing, but mindless complaining is a waste of all our time.
Liberty and Truth

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Cateyes wrote:
Nebula wrote:Being a cynic is easy.


Putting on a 9 billion dollar 2 week party is easy.


now it's 9 billion eh? It was 6 billion according to you only a few days ago. Cateyes - you definitely get the gold medal for pulling the most BS out of your butt during the last 2 weeks.

WAY TO GO CANADA - I think my heart rate is finally coming down now...finally...wow...what a perfect ending to a perfect Olympics. Great job everyone - and way to go Canada.
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 28th, 2010, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 64786
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Queen K »

nolanrh wrote:
Cateyes wrote:Vanoc was well paid for what they did. Saying you are proud of Vanoc is like saying you are proud of construction workers that pouring concrete. They pour concrete because they are paid to pour concrete.

If you're going to gripe at least do it well. Your argument requires the assumption that everyone who is paid well does a good job. Complaining is one thing, but mindless complaining is a waste of all our time.


That's what your "ignore" feature is for Nolanrh. Time saving, just don't click on "read post" and you'll be fine.

Btw, I read Cateyes because he doesn't back down to a fight. It is interesting that way.
Don't want iced up driveways and roads? Clean out the street drains and gutters. Used to be called "civic duty."
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Nebula »

It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27779
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by normaM »

Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
Liberty and Truth

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Liberty and Truth »

normaM wrote:
Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway


you visit people laying in hallways in hospitals? What an odd hobby. Weird too. Where are all these people laying in hallways - I've spent a decent time in hospitals and never seen them, yet I hear whiney snivelling people talk about them all the time, usually when trying to prove a point using factoids that aren't in fact real.
Last edited by Liberty and Truth on Feb 28th, 2010, 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Nebula »

Not joking at all, norma. It's my parade and I'm not going to let you rain on it.

Woo hoo Canada!
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27779
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by normaM »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:
Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway


you visit people laying in hallways in hospitals? What an odd hobby. Weird too. Where are all these people laying in hallways - I've spent a decent time in hospitals and never seen them, yet I hear whiney snivelling people talk about them all the time, usually when trying to prove a point using factoids that aren't in fact real.

PM me your phone number, I'll call you next time so you have some proof
And yes I visit ppl in the hospital
You just go back to driving in the HOV lane
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
Liberty and Truth

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by Liberty and Truth »

normaM wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:
Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway


you visit people laying in hallways in hospitals? What an odd hobby. Weird too. Where are all these people laying in hallways - I've spent a decent time in hospitals and never seen them, yet I hear whiney snivelling people talk about them all the time, usually when trying to prove a point using factoids that aren't in fact real.

PM me your phone number, I'll call you next time so you have some proof
And yes I visit ppl in the hospital
You just go back to driving in the HOV lane


:127:

you can't provide me any proof that someone is lying in the hallway because of the Olympics so it's a waste of time. People like you just want to crap on anything and everything good and that is just sad.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27779
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Podium pondering: Mens Olympic Hockey

Post by normaM »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
normaM wrote:
Nebula wrote:It was worth $6 billion. Every penny of it. I, and a lot of other people, got something difficult to measure out of these games.

I trust you are joking. I'll think of this line the next time I go visit someone in the hospital laying in the hallway


you visit people laying in hallways in hospitals? What an odd hobby. Weird too. Where are all these people laying in hallways - I've spent a decent time in hospitals and never seen them, yet I hear whiney snivelling people talk about them all the time, usually when trying to prove a point using factoids that aren't in fact real.

PM me your phone number, I'll call you next time so you have some proof
And yes I visit ppl in the hospital
You just go back to driving in the HOV lane


:127:

you can't provide me any proof that someone is lying in the hallway because of the Olympics so it's a waste of time. People like you just want to crap on anything and everything good and that is just sad.

I just said I would. Happy to call you next time I'm there. Why does that scare you so?
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”