The Glitch Games

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Glitch Games

Post by Nebula »

Yes Steven, we all know you can parrot yourself well. I'm sure five years from now you'll still be pulling that headline out.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nebula wrote:Yes Steven, we all know you can parrot yourself well. I'm sure five years from now you'll still be pulling that headline out.

No, I wouldn't think it would be necessary to belabour the point anymore by then. What I will be pointing out and reminding people of, however, is how much this fiasco will still be costing us then and how there was no lasting benfit produced as a result.
A Trump presidency would be Putin's wet dream
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Cateyes »

Captain Awesome wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:"Vancouver Winter Olympics the worst ever !!!"

Wait, wait. Let me call a waaaaambulance for you and Cateyes!

haha....snort! Well yea, pretty hard to gripe when it's like 12c outside with bright sunshine and the flowers are blooming in Feb! Wait till they are subjected to non-stop rain for most of next week. Mark my words the complaints will return.

So all you defenders of our childrens debt can look at it this way. A lot of the early complaints were probably more exteme than they should have been largely because of the rain. Vancouver can be a great place to be on a bright sunny day and it can also be the most depressing place in the world when it is raining non-stop for days on end.
Last edited by Cateyes on Feb 20th, 2010, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find something to give a damn about!
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:"Vancouver Winter Olympics the worst ever !!!"
Wait, wait. Let me call a waaaaambulance for you and Cateyes!

:137: I'm just pointing out what the rest of the world is saying (outside the VANOC bubble zone).
I'm not sure what you think I would be crying about ??? :129:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

call the waabulance for me as well. For a few elite we do this, yet you get pissy when the rich get tax breaks. Who exactly do you think are dropping $800 for hockey tixs? I am thinking we should have Spring and FAll games.
I rebuke you in the name of Versace
RR24K
Lord of the Board

Post by RR24K »

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

steven lloyd wrote:I'm just pointing out what the rest of the world is saying (outside the VANOC bubble zone). I'm not sure what you think I would be crying about ??? :129:

So, you are ok? No need for whambulance?

Last edited by Captain Awesome on Feb 20th, 2010, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

LOL. :-) I don't watch the events on TV, but considering they are happening not far away from where I am as the crow flys and I spent some time today pruning the roses and mowing the lawn somehow the concept of "Winter" Olympics gets lost on me. Also lost on me are the shenanigans downtown, but then I am a bit on the "mature" side to be attracted to participating in such hijinks.

That said, what little I see in terms of reports give me the impression that things are going very very well after a stumbling start. None of that of course will stop the financial outcome for Canadian taxpayers being a relative disaster, but then it's far too late to fret about that.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:I'm just pointing out what the rest of the world is saying (outside the VANOC bubble zone). I'm not sure what you think I would be crying about ??? :129:

So, you are ok? No need for whambulance?

No I'm good thanks. When is your big game ?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

steven lloyd wrote:No I'm good thanks. When is your big game ?

7 pm on Tuesday! Driving out tomorrow morning to enjoy city-wide party over the disaster that these games are (teehee).

Good news for all of you negative pansies, I'm not going to be able to post all those wonderful cutting edge funny and logically solid arguments till Thursday.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Captain Awesome wrote:7 pm on Tuesday! Driving out tomorrow morning to enjoy city-wide party over the disaster that these games are (teehee).

How come you never told anyone you were a member of the elite until now?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Aww, and I was going to ask if Vancouver''s Internet is down. No posting til Thursday?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

NAB wrote: That said, what little I see in terms of reports give me the impression that things are going very very well after a stumbling start. None of that of course will stop the financial outcome for Canadian taxpayers being a relative disaster, but then it's far too late to fret about that. Nab

Not that I personally care too much one way or the other, but I would like to see the games go off as successfully as possible (especially given the embarrassment so far). I also cheer on and congratulate our athletes, and while not much of a hockey fan I do know how important the game is to my friends, some family (one brother who is a Canuck fan), my fellow Canadians and apparently a few Castaneters as well. For all of them (including the Captain) I truly hope our men’s hockey team wins gold.

However, like you Nabs, I recognize that this event can be nothing other than a massive financial disaster we will be paying for in many ways for the rest of our lives here in BC. There is absolutely nothing we can do about that at this point, but just because that is true does not mean I’m going to pretend this pretentious effort of gratuitous elitism was something different than what it was. Will it have been worth it? I know there are some posters here who will argue it was, but given the problems and challenges we are facing in this province (many directly due to our current government) I would suggest that is a pretty deluded position. Just my opinion.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What Steven said.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote: Good news for all of you negative pansies, I'm not going to be able to post all those wonderful cutting edge funny and logically solid arguments till Thursday.

We'll be looking forward to it. Have fun Captain. Support the cause. Buy a flag and a cow bell.

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”