Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

All things Olympic, be it the games themselves, economic impact, political comments, rants, raves . . . anything and everything Olympian goes here.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12496
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Cateyes wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Hey, we can use another gold.


even though we don't need it cuz we already gots the record - yeah baby!!! 14 golds - read em and weep! :)))) :discodance:


How many russians won Ice Dancing or Curling in 76. None because they didn't have BS 'sports' like that back then.

So enjoy your trucker math that makes some people think that because this number is bigger than another number from 34 years ago it is somehow better.


I think the easiest way for you to support this blatantly ignorant (as usual) stance on Curling and Ice Dancing is to go out there and demonstrate for us just how easy it is.

I mean if it's BS then it must be so simple anyone can do it!

Come on hot shot, go strap on a pair of skates and do a few twirls for us and if you live, when you're done you can show us how to put a few dozen rocks right on the button every shot.

Do that and I'll be happy to eat crow for a week.

If you can't then shut up and don't make fun of people who worked their tails off to function at the level that they do.

That Ice dancing pair has been practicing together for over a dozen years to pull off what they did.

About the only thing we can count on you to do for a dozen years is continue to flame wherever you can but unfortunately I don't think that's going to become an Olympic event.
Last edited by LoneWolf_53 on Mar 1st, 2010, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12496
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Cateyes wrote:Here is some basic math for all you "14 gold is the best" people.

1976 Total medals awarded = 111 (37 Gold)
2010 Total medals awarded = 258 (86 Gold)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Winte ... edal_table
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/


That information would be a lot more meaningful if you included the global population of 1976 as well as that of 2010.

Then provide some numbers on how many participants were entered in the Olympics in 1976 and 2010.

Most things (except for cats it seems) tend to evolve and change as time progresses. Doesn't make the gold medals any less meaningful.

Whether countries field athletes in an event or not is up to them.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22697
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Urbane »

Be nice to Cateyes . . . he's having a tough time dealing with all this happiness and success that most Canadians are feeling.
Liberty and Truth

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Urbane wrote:Be nice to Cateyes . . . he's having a tough time dealing with all this happiness and success that most Canadians are feeling.


:dyinglaughing:
Al Czervic
Guru
Posts: 7805
Joined: Nov 29th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Al Czervic »

Urbane wrote:Be nice to Cateyes . . . he's having a tough time dealing with all this happiness and success that most Canadians are feeling.


I think really Cateyes is just depressed. Now that the ‘games are over he will have to find another daily whipping boy to bash.
Back with a vengeance
User avatar
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2685
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Cateyes »

Al Czervic wrote:
Urbane wrote:Be nice to Cateyes . . . he's having a tough time dealing with all this happiness and success that most Canadians are feeling.


I think really Cateyes is just depressed. Now that the ‘games are over he will have to find another daily whipping boy to bash.


Ya think so. Don't worry, this fiasco will be around for a Loong time. It takes years for the bills to roll in and for the tax increases to be implimented. That whole drama hasn't even started yet.

And I will be right there saying I told ya so!

Oh and I am actually quite happy because I have a bunch of business to do in Vancouver which I couldn't (more like chose not to) do before and during this fiasco. So now I can actually get some stuff down out there.
Find something to give a damn about!
User avatar
westsidebud
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3808
Joined: Jul 18th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by westsidebud »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Hey, we can use another gold.


even though we don't need it cuz we already gots the record - yeah baby!!! 14 golds - read em and weep! :)))) :discodance:


How many russians won Ice Dancing or Curling in 76. None because they didn't have BS 'sports' like that back then.

So enjoy your trucker math that makes some people think that because this number is bigger than another number from 34 years ago it is someone better.


ha ha - I really really want you to come down to the Curling Rink tonight and tell everyone there how our sport is a "BS" sport - that would be fantastic. Then if you survive that - which I doubt - go to the next ice dancing event and say the same thing in front of 6,000 female ice dancing fans - they'll tear you to little tiny shreds.

lol more cateyes posts the better i look :coffeecanuck:
GO CANUCKS GO
User avatar
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2685
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Cateyes »

westsidebud wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Hey, we can use another gold.


even though we don't need it cuz we already gots the record - yeah baby!!! 14 golds - read em and weep! :)))) :discodance:


How many russians won Ice Dancing or Curling in 76. None because they didn't have BS 'sports' like that back then.

So enjoy your trucker math that makes some people think that because this number is bigger than another number from 34 years ago it is someone better.


ha ha - I really really want you to come down to the Curling Rink tonight and tell everyone there how our sport is a "BS" sport - that would be fantastic. Then if you survive that - which I doubt - go to the next ice dancing event and say the same thing in front of 6,000 female ice dancing fans - they'll tear you to little tiny shreds.

lol more cateyes posts the better i look :coffeecanuck:


That makes no sense but I'm glad someone is....urrum...keeping score. Because that is what life is all about. Posting on some messageboard somewhere and keeping score. About what I have no idea but everyone needs a pointless hobby I guess.
Find something to give a damn about!
Loed
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2731
Joined: Jun 20th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Loed »

Cateyes, would you kindly keep your stupid mouth shut.
You've been proven wrong a couple times in THIS thread alone and you chose to blindly ignore it, yet you accuse others of blindly ignoring some *bleep* "facts" you pulled up.
*bleep* off, I know this is the reaction a troll like you LOOOOVES, but seriously, you honestly have nothing new to add... at all. All you state is negative propaganda, yet you pose no solutions. The ONLY solutions your little brain can put forth and things we COULD have done, not what we CAN do now with the future. The past is gone, what's done is done, figure out a way to maybe help prevent other big nasty things like this from happening again in the future.

Seriously. Otherwise put up, or shut the *bleep* up. I have no problem with complaining and being against something, but all that you do is try to stir *bleep* up. I'm *bleep* sick and tired of the mods on this BS Kelowna forum NOT banning you. Until you start complaining, and add "we should start doing .... in the future", or when the next big event happens that you are against, *bleep* off of your *bleep* and go out and do something about it. Even if you fail at least you can say you tried. You're making the rest of us who actually put effort in against having the Olympics in Vancouver quite bad.

Of course I don't expect you to read this the whole way through, you'll just pick it apart until you can ignore the good points and live in your blissful *bleep* ignorance.

westsidebud wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
Liberty and Truth wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Hey, we can use another gold.


even though we don't need it cuz we already gots the record - yeah baby!!! 14 golds - read em and weep! :)))) :discodance:


How many russians won Ice Dancing or Curling in 76. None because they didn't have BS 'sports' like that back then.

So enjoy your trucker math that makes some people think that because this number is bigger than another number from 34 years ago it is someone better.


ha ha - I really really want you to come down to the Curling Rink tonight and tell everyone there how our sport is a "BS" sport - that would be fantastic. Then if you survive that - which I doubt - go to the next ice dancing event and say the same thing in front of 6,000 female ice dancing fans - they'll tear you to little tiny shreds.

lol more cateyes posts the better i look :coffeecanuck:
User avatar
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2685
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Cateyes »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Cateyes wrote:Here is some basic math for all you "14 gold is the best" people.

1976 Total medals awarded = 111 (37 Gold)
2010 Total medals awarded = 258 (86 Gold)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Winte ... edal_table
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/


That information would be a lot more meaningful if you included the global population of 1976 as well as that of 2010.

Then provide some numbers on how many participants were entered in the Olympics in 1976 and 2010.

Most things (except for cats it seems) tend to evolve and change as time progresses. Doesn't make the gold medals any less meaningful.

Whether countries field athletes in an event or not is up to them.


The biggest change in countries is the soviet union breaking up. All that does is further disprove your argument really because the whole point is that it is a comparison to the FORMER Soviet union and not a bunch of individual countries.

Explain to me how you can say "there are more competitors so that automatically cancels more medals" without any basic math. Prove it with numbers...and your source links.

I'm waiting....tick tock.
Find something to give a damn about!
Liberty and Truth

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Cateyes wrote:
LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Cateyes wrote:Here is some basic math for all you "14 gold is the best" people.

1976 Total medals awarded = 111 (37 Gold)
2010 Total medals awarded = 258 (86 Gold)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Winte ... edal_table
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/


That information would be a lot more meaningful if you included the global population of 1976 as well as that of 2010.

Then provide some numbers on how many participants were entered in the Olympics in 1976 and 2010.

Most things (except for cats it seems) tend to evolve and change as time progresses. Doesn't make the gold medals any less meaningful.

Whether countries field athletes in an event or not is up to them.


The biggest change in countries is the soviet union breaking up. All that does is further disprove your argument really because the whole point is that it is a comparison to the FORMER Soviet union and not a bunch of individual countries.

Explain to me how you can say "there are more competitors so that automatically cancels more medals" without any basic math. Prove it with numbers...and your source links.

I'm waiting....tick tock.


And I'm waiting for you to make a fool of yourself again like you did when you said the 1976 Olympics didn't have Ice Dancing. Colossal fail! You just looked like such an idiot! And the fact the Russians won the medal to boot!! :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
User avatar
Cateyes
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2685
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:08 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Cateyes »

Liberty and Truth wrote:
Cateyes wrote:
LoneWolf_53 wrote:
Cateyes wrote:Here is some basic math for all you "14 gold is the best" people.

1976 Total medals awarded = 111 (37 Gold)
2010 Total medals awarded = 258 (86 Gold)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Winte ... edal_table
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-medals/


That information would be a lot more meaningful if you included the global population of 1976 as well as that of 2010.

Then provide some numbers on how many participants were entered in the Olympics in 1976 and 2010.

Most things (except for cats it seems) tend to evolve and change as time progresses. Doesn't make the gold medals any less meaningful.

Whether countries field athletes in an event or not is up to them.


The biggest change in countries is the soviet union breaking up. All that does is further disprove your argument really because the whole point is that it is a comparison to the FORMER Soviet union and not a bunch of individual countries.

Explain to me how you can say "there are more competitors so that automatically cancels more medals" without any basic math. Prove it with numbers...and your source links.

I'm waiting....tick tock.


And I'm waiting for you to make a fool of yourself again like you did when you said the 1976 Olympics didn't have Ice Dancing. Colossal fail! You just looked like such an idiot! And the fact the Russians won the medal to boot!! :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:


I'll see your :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

And raise you

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Guess that means I win see because 4 is bigger than 3 and that is better......I guess????
Find something to give a damn about!
Liberty and Truth

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Liberty and Truth »

Cateyes - I was wondering where you've been the past two days....

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/53 ... man-s-home

:dyinglaughing:
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by steven lloyd »

westsidebud wrote: lol more cateyes posts the better i look :coffeecanuck:

:-k As incredible as that might seem, I think you're right
Carmencat
Übergod
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mar 13th, 2008, 11:14 am

Re: Vancouver gets a GOLD.......for public intoxication

Post by Carmencat »

All this talk of ice dancing has brought back memories of Torval and Dean in the 1984 Olympics ice dancing to Bolero. I get goosebumps just thinking about that performance! Amazing.

I love the bump that curling has gotten since the Olympics. Well deserved.

As long as there is Ribbon gymnastics in the summer Olympics, I can't think of any sport that should be excluded while it is still around. :127:

Return to “2010 Winter Olympic Games”