Election Day

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by UnknownResident »

grammafreddy wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Seriously folks, does it really matter where you vote? gf, if it bothers you so much that your blood pressure is rising because the government has the gall to rent church space, phone the number I provided earlier and get your mail-in ballot.

Problem solved and you won't come to any harm by entering a church.

I had relatives, as I'm sure you did too, who died in both world wars fighting for freedom and democracy. What kind of legacy are we showing them when we *bleep* 'n complain because you have to vote in a church? Sad state of affairs as far as I'm concerned.


Thanks for your concern, H2O babe. There is nothing wrong with my blood pressure - y'all should have the numbers consistently as perfect as mine.

Funny you should equate "freedom" and "democracy" in with the same thought process as religion.

Your persistence that harm comes from entering a church is just kinda stupid. I already said that was not a concern. You really need some lessons in comprehension and reading. You have excelled in jumping to conclusions, though, and get top marks and get to go to the head of the class for that one.

I don't want a mail-in ballot. I want to go put my X on my ballot in a non-religious polling station.

Is anyone voting at the Sikh Temple or the Jewish Beth Shalom Synagogue or the Buddhist Temple? Or is Elections Canada just spending taxpayers' money supporting certain Christian religions?



I'm sure they will choose whichever buildings make the most sense, and that offer their buildings to Elections Canada. GF I have to say, your posts could be viewed as insulting sometimes, as in this case. Anyways I think you're making a an issue out of a pretty big non-issue. Besides doesn't the Conservative party hold a few religious ideologies? (correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be mistaken)
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60065
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Election Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

This whole thread is much like the Green Party - going nowhere fast...
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Election Day

Post by grammafreddy »

UnknownResident wrote:
grammafreddy wrote:I don't want a mail-in ballot. I want to go put my X on my ballot in a non-religious polling station.

Is anyone voting at the Sikh Temple or the Jewish Beth Shalom Synagogue or the Buddhist Temple? Or is Elections Canada just spending taxpayers' money supporting certain Christian religions?



I'm sure they will choose whichever buildings make the most sense, and that offer their buildings to Elections Canada. GF I have to say, your posts could be viewed as insulting sometimes, as in this case. Anyways I think you're making a an issue out of a pretty big non-issue. Besides doesn't the Conservative party hold a few religious ideologies? (correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be mistaken)


No, yer not wrong - some Conservatives have some really strong religious crap that governs their brains. Unfortunately, so do the other parties, too.

Maybe it is a non-issue for you folks because you might be a follower of these Christian-faith-type religions??

What if I was Sikh and upset because I had to go to a Christian place to vote? Would you say the same thing to me then? If you are one of the Christian faiths that doesn't like Jewish folks, would you balk and question if you had to vote at their synagogue?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Election Day

Post by grammafreddy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:This whole thread is much like the Green Party - going nowhere fast...

Then quit wasting your time in here??? Choices, eh?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 84266
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Election Day

Post by oneh2obabe »

grammafreddy wrote:
oneh2obabe wrote:Seriously folks, does it really matter where you vote? gf, if it bothers you so much that your blood pressure is rising because the government has the gall to rent church space, phone the number I provided earlier and get your mail-in ballot.

Problem solved and you won't come to any harm by entering a church.

I had relatives, as I'm sure you did too, who died in both world wars fighting for freedom and democracy. What kind of legacy are we showing them when we *bleep* 'n complain because you have to vote in a church? Sad state of affairs as far as I'm concerned.


Thanks for your concern, H2O babe. There is nothing wrong with my blood pressure - y'all should have the numbers consistently as perfect as mine. Hate to break it to you, my blood pressure has always lower than the old "normal" range and is now smackdab in the middle of the new range chart so no worries there.

Funny you should equate "freedom" and "democracy" in with the same thought process as religion. You do realize this hatred you have for religion is getting rather tedious? I know people who don't like (some might say hate) certain things but they don't carry on spewing venom every chance they get.

And I hardly think the people who fought for the freedom and democracy we enjoy today stopped and said "wait, that's a church/temple/synagogue so we'll bypass it and whatever happens happens. **sarcasm off**


Your persistence that harm comes from entering a church is just kinda stupid. I already said that was not a concern. You really need some lessons in comprehension and reading. You have excelled in jumping to conclusions, though, and get top marks and get to go to the head of the class for that one. Seeing that you're the one rambling on and on about your polling station being a church, it's nice to hear you've finally come to your senses and realized that entering a church isn't a concern. So what the hell is your problem in casting your ballot? As for my reading and comprehension skills, always excelled at them and have no problem whatsoever with reading and understanding the underlying nuances.

I don't want a mail-in ballot. I want to go put my X on my ballot in a non-religious polling station. Get over it already. Your polling station is a church, end of story. You want to make it into a religion vs politics thread, have at it but do so in the proper forum.

Is anyone voting at the Sikh Temple or the Jewish Beth Shalom Synagogue or the Buddhist Temple? Or is Elections Canada just spending taxpayers' money supporting certain Christian religions? Do you really have to know if any of these are being used as polling stations? If the answer is yes, I suggest you call and ask:
Kelowna--Lake Country Returning Officer
Wendy Creelman, 2041 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G7
1-866-545-0617



Can't be bothered responding to any more of your venom as it's an exercise in futility trying to educate you. It's painstakingly clear you're rabble-rousing. It's your choice on whether or not to vote. If you don't exercise that right, don't *bleep* about which party gets elected.

And another thing, the personal attacks on people when they disagree with you is becoming the norm which is rather sad in itself.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Apr 19th, 2011, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19385
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by Lady tehMa »

Yup, go and vote! You can't complain unless you've exercised the right (or should I say privilege?) of voting. That is what is important here, not what building you vote in.

Really, I can't get over the silliness of it all. :127:
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by UnknownResident »

grammafreddy wrote:Maybe it is a non-issue for you folks because you might be a follower of these Christian-faith-type religions??

What if I was Sikh and upset because I had to go to a Christian place to vote? Would you say the same thing to me then? If you are one of the Christian faiths that doesn't like Jewish folks, would you balk and question if you had to vote at their synagogue?



1) I am not of any religion and it does not really bother me.
2) If you were Sikh my response would be exactly the same. This is not about religion, just a building that can do it the hours they need, are in a central enough location, and happened to offer their building for Elections Canada.
User avatar
Tacklewasher
Übergod
Posts: 1374
Joined: Jul 9th, 2008, 6:45 am

Re: Election Day

Post by Tacklewasher »

Lady tehMa wrote:Yup, go and vote! You can't complain unless you've exercised the right (or should I say privilege?) of voting. That is what is important here, not what building you vote in.

Really, I can't get over the silliness of it all. :127:


*bleep*.

If I choose not to vote because I don't feel the parties have earned my $2.00, then you better believe I have every right to *bleep*.

This is a tired old cliche that needs to be put to rest. Pisses me off.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60065
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Election Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Tacklewasher wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Yup, go and vote! You can't complain unless you've exercised the right (or should I say privilege?) of voting. That is what is important here, not what building you vote in.

Really, I can't get over the silliness of it all. :127:


*bleep*.

If I choose not to vote because I don't feel the parties have earned my $2.00, then you better believe I have every right to *bleep*.

This is a tired old cliche that needs to be put to rest. Pisses me off.


thank you for the seg-way - this thread was just painful up until now.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19385
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by Lady tehMa »

Elucidate please Tacklewasher, I'd like to hear more of your reasoning.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
User avatar
Tacklewasher
Übergod
Posts: 1374
Joined: Jul 9th, 2008, 6:45 am

Re: Election Day

Post by Tacklewasher »

Lady tehMa wrote:Elucidate please Tacklewasher, I'd like to hear more of your reasoning.


You mean why I'm not concerned with bumper sticker slogans to dictate my actions??????
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19385
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by Lady tehMa »

If that is your concern, then yes. I'm not attacking your position, I just would like to understand it.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by UnknownResident »

Lady tehMa wrote:Elucidate please Tacklewasher, I'd like to hear more of your reasoning.



If none of the parties are deemed fit enough to govern us, why should we have to vote for one of them in order to complain?
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19385
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by Lady tehMa »

You could vote for Rek's Pirate Party (I actually quite like their platform) or the Libertarians. I am not a fan of any of the Federal leaders (I distrust them all equally) so I will be voting for the local person I like. Is there no one at a local level you would support?

My dad hates NDP but for years voted for Nelson Riis because of the good he did for the area.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by UnknownResident »

Lady tehMa wrote:You could vote for Rek's Pirate Party (I actually quite like their platform) or the Libertarians. I am not a fan of any of the Federal leaders (I distrust them all equally) so I will be voting for the local person I like. Is there no one at a local level you would support?

My dad hates NDP but for years voted for Nelson Riis because of the good he did for the area.


Well I personally don't see the value of not voting entirely, I was merely trying to point out the logical argument for it. And I would have to learn more about the Pirate Party before casting a vote for them, no matter how worthless the vote may be.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”