Vote Mobs!

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by UnknownResident »

steven lloyd wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote: - from high school through to final year of university every "arts" course I took was populated with left-leaning academia that couldn't wait to try and shape our skulls full of mush into like-minded socialist protégés.

That must have been some interesting educational and academic experience you had. I’ve often wondered how some conceptions of education became so extreme. I admit that when I was taking economics at SFU there were more than a few left-wing extremists hanging around. On the other hand, there were also more than a few right-wing extremists hanging around (initially one of those myself). The great thing I remember of my first experience in academia was being challenged to question my preconceived notions and not always succumb to forming opinion based on stereotypical assumptions or rhetoric. In fact, it is that skill that has led to my decision to vote Conservative in this election.


It's nice to see somebody view having their political ideologies challenged as a good thing, rather then as some crazy leftist scheme to make the next batch of socialists.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10439
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by I Think »

Vote mobs can only be caused by harpy, if the young people were happy with him, they would not bother getting groups together to change things.
We're lost but we're making good time.
rmshort
Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Feb 16th, 2007, 7:36 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by rmshort »

An exercise that creates excitement in voting and democracy should be hailed as important.
Get the voting habit formed!
What a great idea and as I listen to the organizers being interviewed they state they are trying to be as neutral as possible.
Evidence suggests an honest attempt to keep it as neutral as possible.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rmshort wrote:An exercise that creates excitement in voting and democracy should be hailed as important.
Get the voting habit formed!
What a great idea and as I listen to the organizers being interviewed they state they are trying to be as neutral as possible.
Evidence suggests an honest attempt to keep it as neutral as possible.


If that is the case - awesome! \:D/
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 739
Joined: Mar 13th, 2010, 5:25 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by UnknownResident »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
rmshort wrote:An exercise that creates excitement in voting and democracy should be hailed as important.
Get the voting habit formed!
What a great idea and as I listen to the organizers being interviewed they state they are trying to be as neutral as possible.
Evidence suggests an honest attempt to keep it as neutral as possible.


If that is the case - awesome! \:D/



I think instead of creating a "Let's vote because we can mob" we should try and educate them on what the different parties have on their agendas. In not a good thing unless this mob is politically educated.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by daria »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
rmshort wrote:An exercise that creates excitement in voting and democracy should be hailed as important.
Get the voting habit formed!
What a great idea and as I listen to the organizers being interviewed they state they are trying to be as neutral as possible.
Evidence suggests an honest attempt to keep it as neutral as possible.


If that is the case - awesome! \:D/


I think the fact that Kelowna vote-mob has invited all Kelowna-Lake Country candidates (and that all candidates will be attending the rally/vote-mob) speaks to the neutrality of the organizers of the local vote-mob. Obviously, I can't speak to the neutrality of other vote-mobs, but I do not take the "Surprise Harper" video as anything more than the U of Guelph organizers doing their best to increase publicity for their vote mobs by showing up at a Harper rally. :sunshine:

Vote dammit!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by daria »

Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by daria »



Way to go Carleton!!

"I'm voting because I have more than 5 questions for my political leaders."
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 90109
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by oneh2obabe »

daria wrote:
Way to go Carleton!!

"I'm voting because I have more than 5 questions for my political leaders."


:coffeecanuck: Wonder what the response will be.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by daria »

oneh2obabe wrote:
daria wrote:
Way to go Carleton!!

"I'm voting because I have more than 5 questions for my political leaders."


:coffeecanuck: Wonder what the response will be.


Someone from the media will have to draft a question about the student's comment, and then have the question vetted by the PMO before we'll hear a peep out of Harper about that. :sunshine: Of course, that will only happen if the media wants to use one its five-per-day questions.
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

meh - Carleton - what a surprise. :127:

I am sure the reaction of the "vote mobs" has been the same at every campus run by liberal fools like Allan Rock etc. No big surprise. Stupid is as stupid does.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by daria »

The Green Barbarian wrote:meh - Carleton - what a surprise. :127:

I am sure the reaction of the "vote mobs" has been the same at every campus run by liberal fools like Allan Rock etc. No big surprise. Stupid is as stupid does.


I think the students are rather smart to be calling the PMO on vetting questions from the media. Not so uninformed, are they?
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

daria wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:meh - Carleton - what a surprise. :127:

I am sure the reaction of the "vote mobs" has been the same at every campus run by liberal fools like Allan Rock etc. No big surprise. Stupid is as stupid does.


I think the students are rather smart to be calling the PMO on vetting questions from the media. Not so uninformed, are they?


in actuality they are brain-washed by fools - but you say potato, I say pottato.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7403
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by daria »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
daria wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:meh - Carleton - what a surprise. :127:

I am sure the reaction of the "vote mobs" has been the same at every campus run by liberal fools like Allan Rock etc. No big surprise. Stupid is as stupid does.


I think the students are rather smart to be calling the PMO on vetting questions from the media. Not so uninformed, are they?


in actuality they are brain-washed by fools - but you say potato, I say pottato.


So you're denying that Harper is incapable of answering media questions on the fly? :127:
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 66770
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Vote Mobs!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

daria wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:
daria wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:meh - Carleton - what a surprise. :127:

I am sure the reaction of the "vote mobs" has been the same at every campus run by liberal fools like Allan Rock etc. No big surprise. Stupid is as stupid does.


I think the students are rather smart to be calling the PMO on vetting questions from the media. Not so uninformed, are they?


in actuality they are brain-washed by fools - but you say potato, I say pottato.


So you're denying that Harper is incapable of answering media questions on the fly? :127:


actually what I am saying is who the hell cares about Harper not answering questions - the answers are all the same anyway - I feel the same way about Layton - why ask him anything, he's just going to lie and make up crap anyway - if that is all you have to whine about then you really don't have many problems. The general theme of this entire election is "who the hell cares".
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”