Election Day

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 84207
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Election Day

Post by oneh2obabe »

is Monday, May 2, 2011. Polls are open 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.

For those of you who think televised results from across Canada could/might influence votes here, don't think you have to worry. The other provinces have staggered hours ... Ontario is 9:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 84207
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Election Day

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bump ... today is the day.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
daria
Guru
Posts: 7020
Joined: Mar 29th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by daria »

:sunshine: :discodance:

VOTE!!!!


Image
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
User avatar
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10410
Joined: Aug 12th, 2006, 8:55 am

Re: Election Day

Post by Smurf »

Good luck people. See you at the polls.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
NAB
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22985
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by NAB »

Smurf wrote:Good luck people. See you at the polls.


Maybe not Smurf. Who really wants to go vote when it's raining ;-)

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60046
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Election Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

daria wrote::sunshine: :discodance:

VOTE!!!!




Thanks for the reminder Daria - I am already "imagining" a Conservative majority! Maybe with a little help from my friends... :dyinglaughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shU3SpWAzR0&playnext=1&list=PL554C7E3847BC5964[/youtube]
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
theartsyfartsy
Posts: 83
Joined: Jun 12th, 2009, 11:56 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by theartsyfartsy »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
daria wrote::sunshine: :discodance:

VOTE!!!!




Thanks for the reminder Daria - I am already "imagining" a Conservative majority! Maybe with a little help from my friends... :dyinglaughing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shU3SpWAzR0&playnext=1&list=PL554C7E3847BC5964[/youtube]

Oh jeez. that video. It makes me laugh and then cringe. I really wish Harper would stop trying to seem more like a "regular person" is painful to watch.
If common sense was common, it wouldn't be called common sense.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by wthwyt »

I hope he fill-out all proper copywriter stuff. :dyinglaughing:
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60046
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Election Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

theartsyfartsy wrote: Oh jeez. that video. It makes me laugh and then cringe. I really wish Harper would stop trying to seem more like a "regular person" is painful to watch.


yeah - if he was a "regular guy" he'd go for shiatsu treatments at illegal massage parlours. :127:
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2594
Joined: Oct 14th, 2008, 10:20 am

Re: Election Day

Post by Corneliousrooster »

The Green Barbarian wrote:yeah - if he was a "regular guy" he'd go for shiatsu treatments at illegal massage parlours. :127:


I must have missed the part where anyone got charged or the business got shut down? Couldn't possibly be shoddy police work chasing wild geese (that never happens)

A 15 year old ACCUSATION that doesn't lead anywhere - just shows how pathetic the conservatives have had to stoop in the last days.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60046
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Election Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Corneliousrooster wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:yeah - if he was a "regular guy" he'd go for shiatsu treatments at illegal massage parlours. :127:


I must have missed the part where anyone got charged or the business got shut down? Couldn't possibly be shoddy police work chasing wild geese (that never happens)

A 15 year old ACCUSATION that doesn't lead anywhere - just shows how pathetic the conservatives have had to stoop in the last days.


right...yet a bunch of idiots put together an F-Bomb filled video lambasting Harper for singing the song "Imagine" and that is neither desperate or pathetic, instead it's "funny" according to some posters on here. The double-standards where Jack can get away with anything, including lying about being in a massage parlour called "the Velvet Touch", while Harper can't even sing a song because that shows him "trying to be a regular guy" is the real pathetic thing here.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2594
Joined: Oct 14th, 2008, 10:20 am

Re: Election Day

Post by Corneliousrooster »

The Green Barbarian wrote:right...yet a bunch of idiots put together an F-Bomb filled video lambasting Harper for singing the song "Imagine" and that is neither desperate or pathetic, instead it's "funny" according to some posters on here. The double-standards where Jack can get away with anything, including lying about being in a massage parlour called "the Velvet Touch", while Harper can't even sing a song because that shows him "trying to be a regular guy" is the real pathetic thing here.


thats the great thing about a free country with freedom of speech - ANY free willed person can make a video and throw it up on the internet to reveal their OWN opinion. What you do with it is your choice (i don't think too many people are voting against the conservatives because they saw a "funny expletive laced video" - but it sure got YOUR attention (as well as many others who may not have been paying any attention to the election or platforms or work record)

harper is more than welcome to sing a song but perhaps it would be wise for him to learn to sing before he takes the performances public (and maybe don't pick classics that you will offend the maximum amount of people when you slaughter them).

Layton and the NDP is the only party that I have not seen stooping to the same dirty smear campaigns as the other parties and that is the swing that has earned my vote. When elementary school classes are better behaved and disciplined then our ruling parties its time for a change.

I am a FIRST TIME NDP voter as of today and they owe their greatest thanks to Harper for setting the bar so low - Harper killed democracy within the conservatives when he forced voting on party lines - its time to go...... :sillygrin:
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 60046
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Election Day

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Corneliousrooster wrote:thats the great thing about a free country with freedom of speech - ANY free willed person can make a video and throw it up on the internet to reveal their OWN opinion.


Actually, this is completely untrue. If someone decides that your video is offensive, especially to minorities or a religion (other than Christianity of course) then you can be charged with a "hate" crime and hauled before a "human rights" tribunal and prosecuted in a kangaroo court that follows no procedures you would be allowed in a real trial, such as calling witnesses or using the truth as a defence. Your beloved NDP want to "strengthen" these Stalin-esque bodies and give them even more far-reaching powers. Carol James and the BC NDP wanted to implement 24 hour per day manned "hate hotlines" to make it even easier to inform on your neighbours if you saw them committing "hate" crimes, so they could be swiftly dispatched and prosecuted by these kangaroo courts. Even without a mandate or legal authority, the "human rights" commissions have also been prosecuting anybody who has been committing "hate" on the Internet. Officers of the Canadian "human rights" commission illegally hacked into a wireless account of a person living in a nearby apartment building and posed as white supremicists to trap "haters" on various web sites. These commissions are out of control, and I see nothing changing in this regard if Taliban Jack and his crew of nuts are given any sort of power. Their powers will only increase, and the crimes they commit against the Canadian people will only get worse. The commissions were set up under Trudeau as part of his social engineering experiments he liked to conduct, and the NDP LOVE social engineering - they want the government controlling every aspect of our lives, including everything we think and say.

Corneliousrooster wrote:What you do with it is your choice (i don't think too many people are voting against the conservatives because they saw a "funny expletive laced video" - but it sure got YOUR attention (as well as many others who may not have been paying any attention to the election or platforms or work record)

:


Funny? It wasn't "funny" at all - it was just plain stupid.
LET'S GO BRANDON!

Justin Trudeau is a blight on our once great country.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19376
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Election Day

Post by Lady tehMa »

oneh2obabe wrote:Bump ... today is the day.


Wasn't busy at all when I was in this morning. Walked right in, they verfied I was me and I voted. Walked back out - took 3 minutes maybe.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
User avatar
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2594
Joined: Oct 14th, 2008, 10:20 am

Re: Election Day

Post by Corneliousrooster »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The commissions were set up under Trudeau


and since trudeau(and before) the NDP have NEVER been in power - Are you sure you know which "enemy" you are fighting here? you don't like policies imposed by Liberals which were continued to be utilized by the PC, the liberals again for a LOOOOOONG run and then Harpers run - but it is the NDP you have the problem with :dyinglaughing:

Yes - your argument on Hate crime is very interesting too - you are saying we don't have free speech because you can't call someone out on their race? Kinda like saying we are not a free country because we can't just go out and shoot people we think are bad for the country......

What are you saying? we should abolish hate crime legislation or that you would like to see changes to how hate crime law is enacted? i don't see anyplace in my canada for using race as a motivator for any kind of attack (verbal or physical) and if a law needs to be in place to deter people from using one of the lowest forms of misguided generalization than perhaps it is more a reflection of flaws in our society than a drum to beat against the NDP that didn't have the authority to get passed in the first place.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”