The Results .......

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Results .......

Post by NAB »

Well, the way I see it is...

1. Conservatives and their supporters are happy because they got a strong majority and will continue as government.

2. Liberals and their supporters are happy because expectations of them are low, and they now have a number of years to rethink their position in Canada and take their time to find themselves a new leader who will reflect it.

3. The NDP and their supporters are happy because they have achieved Official Opposition status and no longer have to rely on any other party to prop them up (or prop up any other party). They have to stand on their own two feet now and take full responsibility for their actions.

4. The separatist Bloc and their supporters are happy because they now have a national party in the form of the NDP representing them.

5. The Greens and their supporters are happy be because they have elected a member to Parliament.

6. And those who didn't vote are happy because they have nothing to whine and complain about any more, and even if they find something few will be inclined to listen to them anyway since they have had no say in the matter when offered the opportunity to do so.

Looks like a win all round to me. Now if we can just accomplish something similar on the Provincial front Life will be really good

Nab
Last edited by NAB on May 4th, 2011, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

And don’t forget Nab that even all of the “losers” who lost a seat are happy because many of them are entitled to gold plated million dollar taxpayer financed pension plans. Even the few that didn’t qualify for the pension plan still get payouts in the hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars…
Back with a vengeance
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Al Czervic wrote:And don’t forget Nab that even all of the “losers” who lost a seat are happy because many of them are entitled to gold plated million dollar taxpayer financed pension plans. Even the few that didn’t qualify for the pension plan still get payouts in the hundreds of thousands of our tax dollars…

Ya, I started a thread on the pensions thing in Ripost and Parry where we can discuss it seriously. I guess what you are saying is that on that front the only loser is, once again, the taxpayer.

Nab
"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still." - Lao-Tzu
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

NAB wrote:. I guess what you are saying is that on that front the only loser is, once again, the taxpayer.

Nab

As always......
Back with a vengeance
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

http://www.oxygentax.com/2011/05/if-maj ... -less.html

If a majority is illegitimate at less than 50% of the popular vote...

Then nothing done under Lester Pearson is legitimate. This includes:

1. The CPP
2. Universal Health Care
3. Student Loans
4. The current Canadian Flag
5. The Order of Canada.
6. The 40 hour work week
7. Two weeks paid vacation
8. Minimum Wage law

Furthermore, nothing done under Trudeau should stand, including:

1. The Charter of Rights and Freedoms
2. Decriminalization of homosexual acts
3. Legalization of contraception
4. Legalization of abortion
5. Legalization of lotteries
6. Gun Ownership restrictions
7. Liberalization of divorce laws
8. Institution of breathalyzer tests for drunk drivers.
9. Regional development programs
10. Official Bilingualism
11. Repatriation of the Constitution.

How about Mulroney? Well, he only had 50% for his first term, but let's be honest, without most of the previous, Mulroney wouldn't have had to do a lot of what he did, including:

1. The GST
2. Meech Lake Accord
3. Charlottetown Accord
4. 8 additional Senators

Cretien?
1. Changes to the Young Offender's Act
2. The Clarity Act
3. The Sponsorship Scandal
4. The Sea King Helicopter deal being cancelled

You see? It's all a matter of perspective. I hope that people remember this before they start spouting about how 60% of the country voted AGAINST this newly minted majority government.
Posted by oxygentax at 11:13 PM
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Has anyone told Tisha Kalmanovitch the election is over, or maybe she is leaving her signs up for round two..
:boxer: :boxer:
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

GenesisGT wrote:Has anyone told Tisha Kalmanovitch the election is over, or maybe she is leaving her signs up for round two..
:boxer: :boxer:

Looks like they took them down last night. I was going to complain this morning but all the ones I would complain about are gone to I need to find something else to complain about.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Had to laugh when I saw a Green candidate's billboard on pressure treated posts a couple of yards from a stream last week.

Apparently, toxic leeching of chemicals into water courses that flow into Okanagan Lake is okay as long as it's from a Greenie's signs. :127:
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Al Czervic
Guru

Post by Al Czervic »

RichardWede wrote:Had to laugh when I saw a Green candidate's billboard on pressure treated posts a couple of yards from a stream last week.

Apparently, toxic leeching of chemicals into water courses that flow into Okanagan Lake is okay as long as it's from a Greenie's signs. :127:

Reminds me of the last Provincial election when only the BC Liberal were using environmentally friendly elections signs…the Greens of course used the cheapest crap they could get their hands…same for the NDP….
Back with a vengeance

Return to “Federal Election 2011”