Bye bye Bloc

A temporary forum for discussion about the upcoming election.
User avatar
Phoenix Within
Guru
Posts: 9504
Joined: Jul 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Phoenix Within »

NAB wrote: And since the Bloc no longer qualifies for official party status,

How many seats are needed?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 12496
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 12:06 pm

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Phoenix Within wrote:
NAB wrote: And since the Bloc no longer qualifies for official party status,

How many seats are needed?


12 I believe.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
User avatar
Bpeep
Mindquad
Posts: 29026
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Bpeep »

Yep, its 12 for official status.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive idiots excessively.
User avatar
Phoenix Within
Guru
Posts: 9504
Joined: Jul 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Phoenix Within »

So slightly off topic, does that still leave Elizabeth May eleven seats short before she can join in the leaders debate?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by steven lloyd »

Phoenix Within wrote:So slightly off topic, does that still leave Elizabeth May eleven seats short before she can join in the leaders debate?

Hopefully
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
Posts: 49661
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Bsuds »

She's definitely ridin the short bus!
User avatar
Tacklewasher
Übergod
Posts: 1374
Joined: Jul 9th, 2008, 6:45 am

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Tacklewasher »

steven lloyd wrote:
Phoenix Within wrote:So slightly off topic, does that still leave Elizabeth May eleven seats short before she can join in the leaders debate?

Hopefully


As long as they are consistent and don't include the Bloc leader at the time, I'm fine with that. If they allow the BLOC leader, then May should be included.

Not what I want but what I think is fair.
User avatar
Phoenix Within
Guru
Posts: 9504
Joined: Jul 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Phoenix Within »

Tacklewasher wrote:As long as they are consistent and don't include the Bloc leader at the time, I'm fine with that. If they allow the BLOC leader, then May should be included.

Not what I want but what I think is fair.

Agreed, but i don't recall what the issue was before. Was it because she didn't have a single seat or because she didn't have official party status?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
User avatar
Tacklewasher
Übergod
Posts: 1374
Joined: Jul 9th, 2008, 6:45 am

Re: Bye bye Bloc

Post by Tacklewasher »

Phoenix Within wrote:
Tacklewasher wrote:As long as they are consistent and don't include the Bloc leader at the time, I'm fine with that. If they allow the BLOC leader, then May should be included.

Not what I want but what I think is fair.

Agreed, but i don't recall what the issue was before. Was it because she didn't have a single seat or because she didn't have official party status?



Pretty sure the reason was no seat. But this is not a government org so they may re-think it in 4 years. I do think it would be nice if they made the rules once and stuck to them.

Return to “Federal Election 2011”