Page 10 of 11

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 1:50 pm
by ferri
I'll let Troy know tomorrow. Thanks!

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 2:27 pm
by alanjh595
Something new this afternoon......

When I click on the little "unread topics" box,
Capture.JPG
I get directed to page one of the topic.

This just started happening in the last 20 minutes.

I hope that helps Troy.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 2:38 pm
by Troy
alanjh595 wrote:Still there....

Capture.JPG

I haven't seen any problems with our servers at all today and their load has been normal. Previous messages like that one have come up before when our servers have been overloaded but that's not the case today. My best guess is that you may have tried to use the forum search function more than once in a super short period of time -- I don't recall the wait period setting for this, but it's at least a few seconds.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 2:50 pm
by LANDM
43F7DE7C-5276-49CD-B717-16652C2FAC26.jpeg

Just thought inserting more Gremlins on the server would create new glitches.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 3:03 pm
by alanjh595
Troy wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Still there....

Capture.JPG

I haven't seen any problems with our servers at all today and their load has been normal. Previous messages like that one have come up before when our servers have been overloaded but that's not the case today. My best guess is that you may have tried to use the forum search function more than once in a super short period of time -- I don't recall the wait period setting for this, but it's at least a few seconds.


No, I wasn't using the search. I was just clicking on the button to view new posts. I was directed to page 1 of the topic. Give me a minute and I will try it again.....
For example...
Capture.JPG

I click on the title and then the icon, the the little orange box and get...
Capture.JPG


Page 1, not the last page....where I wanted to go.

Did I make sense? I hope this helps. Otherwise, I am sending "likes" to comments that were posted last June.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 3:05 pm
by alanjh595
The problem seems to be only for that thread. Others that I have tried are okay.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: May 6th, 2018, 3:15 pm
by alanjh595
I have tried other threads and this one seems to be the only one affected.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Sep 19th, 2018, 5:51 pm
by GordonH
Is it just me or is that little box (click on that box to go to the post) next to poster name not showing up.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Sep 19th, 2018, 6:49 pm
by Bsuds
GordonH wrote:Is it just me or is that little box (click on that box to go to the post) next to poster name not showing up.


It's you, I see them.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Sep 19th, 2018, 6:52 pm
by GordonH
GordonH wrote:Is it just me or is that little box (click on that box to go to the post) next to poster name not showing up.

Bsuds wrote:It's you, I see them.


They just showed up, been refreshing for last hour.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Sep 19th, 2018, 7:07 pm
by just popping in
And what exactly have you been "refreshing" on?

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Sep 19th, 2018, 7:41 pm
by GordonH
just popping in wrote:And what exactly have you been "refreshing" on?


From main page of the forum I click on View active topics
From there I would click on browser reload this page... formerly knowing as refresh the page

I wasn't constantly clicking on the reload/refresh, since I don't watch the forum all the time... just when I happen walk by my computer.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Sep 20th, 2018, 9:34 pm
by Relentless
Well, it's back.....Sorry you cannot use search right now, try again later.....
This comes up when clicking "view new posts"

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Nov 2nd, 2018, 10:45 am
by Bsuds
It's back again...sorry you cannot use search, try later. It's been happening to me all morning.

Re: Gremlins

PostPosted: Nov 2nd, 2018, 10:46 am
by Bsuds
Bsuds wrote:It's back again...sorry you cannot use search, try later. It's been happening to me all morning.


Boy that was fast...worked that time. We'll see how it goes.