Any way we can have a few more characters in the Subject / T

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Any way we can have a few more characters in the Subject / T

Post by CapitalB »

ital? These ones are really short and its hard to fit a full headline into it without editorializing. If we weren't being directed to the forums (I understand why this is in place) for the bulk of article commenting this wouldn't be a problem but here we are.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Re: Any way we can have a few more characters in the Subject

Post by Troy »

The subject length here in the forums currently allows for a maximum of 60 characters. I haven’t really seen any case just yet where it really needs to be longer than that but can definitely take it under consideration and see what the forum software can handle.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

I can understand wanting to avoid title gore, sometimes it just gets tough with less than half a tweet worth of characters available.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

I get what you're saying. However, unlike a tweet, you do have the rest of the message to type want you want to say. The current limit for that is 60,000 characters.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”