Misleading Headlines and Incomplete Stories

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
GenesisGT
Guru

Misleading Headlines and Incomplete Stories

Post by GenesisGT »

Apologize for making this a two for one complaint.

1) Just like Google/Yahoo and any other search engine, links that are actually advertisements for companies are marked such, the links to stories to the "Think Local" section under "Latest Headlines" should be marked as ads. Most if not all the stories in that section are no more then advertisements and all the links associated with the stories go to company websites.

Example
ad.JPG
2) When reporting and using a press release as the story, why is the press release edited. When a press release is being used, and edited, why not put a link to the complete press release, so inquiring minds can easily access the complete story.

Example

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/327521 ... egulations

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021JERI0020-000443
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Misleading Headlines and Incomplete Stories

Post by ferri »

You need to send your concerns to [email protected] :)
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

ferri wrote:You need to send your concerns to [email protected] :)
And here I thought you were the ombuds(man,woman, ze, X, other) for all us disenfranchised in the outside world.

[disappointment emoji]
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

May I make a suggestion on headline change... 31 tons was donated

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/ ... -bank-says
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

True, but the majority of food banks report food collected in pounds because people can picture what 2,000 pounds of food looks like vs 1 ton.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

oneh2obabe wrote: True, but the majority of food banks report food collected in pounds because people can picture what 2,000 pounds of food looks like vs 1 ton.
Well at least take out the “k” 62,000... hence stick with metic or imperial measurement.

wth is 62K pounds [icon_lol2.gif]
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”