Stupid Changes

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Stupid Changes

Post by Hurtlander »

What’s with the really stupid looking changes to the forum ? How come no like button, or any record of the number of times someone has liked posts ? Please bring back the old format, this one sucks.
Póg Mo Thoin
If Gaza disarmed it would be a State.
If Israel disarmed it would be exterminated.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Stupid Changes

Post by Bsuds »

I would "like" that but apparently it's not an option!
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
seewood
Guru

Post by seewood »

Wonder what was so "broken" with the old format that it had to be changed?
I am not wealthy but I am rich
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

BRING BACK THE "LIKE" BUTTON AND TALLEY.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Apparently we can't be incognito either!

Not impressed with an "upgrade" that loses functionality. :-X
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Seems whoever designed the like button hasn't updated it in years so it's not compatible with the new format.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Bsuds wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:16 am Apparently we can't be incognito either!

Not impressed with an "upgrade" that loses functionality. :-X
You're incognito to others but show up "italicized" on your computer.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

oneh2obabe wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:18 am
You're incognito to others but show up "italicized" on your computer.
Ah, Ok. Did you notice that when you do a quote there is a lot of gobbly gook now?

Post id, time, and user id.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Bsuds wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:39 am I would "like" that but apparently it's not an option!
Sobrohusfat likes this post

:biggrin:
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Very standard.... " 'Progress' is change". But missing is the full analysis of the system being considered for change, thus it becomes "change for the sake of change".

Oh, and the "smart" people that commissioned the change or completed the change will pat themselves on the back and maintain that those complaining "are just those who are reluctant to change".

Is Castanet Forums going for an increase in posts ? Because if every "like" is now reflected with a replies "yes I agree,,,," "good post, I was going to say that", but then, since there's no "like" button, then will we see more controversy with post "I don't agree", "another dumb post by you", "why don't you think before posting"..... With that will come the responses from the criticized poster, and back and forth we go.

Probably only need about 10 times the moderators.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

sobrohusfat wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:38 am
Bsuds wrote: May 17th, 2021, 6:39 am I would "like" that but apparently it's not an option!
Sobrohusfat likes this post

:biggrin:
my5cents likes Sobrohusfat's post who likes Bsuds post
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

Have my vote for terrible. Awful font. Missing features. Etc.

Another typical upgrade that's turns out to be a downgrade.
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

my5cents wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:13 am Very standard.... " 'Progress' is change". But missing is the full analysis of the system being considered for change, thus it becomes "change for the sake of change".

Oh, and the "smart" people that commissioned the change or completed the change will pat themselves on the back and maintain that those complaining "are just those who are reluctant to change".

Is Castanet Forums going for an increase in posts ? Because if every "like" is now reflected with a replies "yes I agree,,,," "good post, I was going to say that", but then, since there's no "like" button, then will we see more controversy with post "I don't agree", "another dumb post by you", "why don't you think before posting"..... With that will come the responses from the criticized poster, and back and forth we go.

I Like!

I would prefer to have a "like" and "don't like" buttons.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

alanjh595 wrote: May 17th, 2021, 7:10 am BRING BACK THE "LIKE" BUTTON AND TALLEY.
yes please............ :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Bsuds wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:34 am
my5cents wrote: May 17th, 2021, 8:13 am Very standard.... " 'Progress' is change". But missing is the full analysis of the system being considered for change, thus it becomes "change for the sake of change".

I Like!

I would prefer to have a "like" and "don't like" buttons.
Thank you for liking my like. I like your like too ! or as the young would say.... "like I really like like your like"

Return to “Feedback and Requests”