I love the new feature!

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
Even Steven
Guru

I love the new feature!

Post by Even Steven »

When you get notified about a response to you in some thread - that is excellent! Instead of revisiting same topics over and over again checking if somebody responded - you get alerted right away and can get straight to it. You just need to set the alert settings properly - these are mine:

PS: I actually mentioned it to somebody way back when, but it wasn't a priority.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: I love the new feature!

Post by Glacier »

Agreed.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Don't mind that feature but can do without the popup when you mark something read.

I also find it odd, that every other forum on the internet has like/don't like buttons, yet here the new software doesn't support it? :135:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

The forums software we've been using since the very start, phpbb, does not come with a "like posts" feature and never has. Quite a few years ago, we installed a 3rd-party extension that added that feature. That extension was abandoned long ago and isn't supported by the newer versions of phpbb.

As for that pop-up when you mark something read, I do find it mildly annoying as well. That being said, a few things about that pop-up are that you can click your mouse button a second time or press almost any key on your keyboard to make it go away, and it also doesn't take you away to a new page like it did in the old forums.

Troy
[email protected]
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Justin Trudeau must have designed the new font. It's as hard to read as it is to make any sense of what he says.

Please see if you can upgrade the font to something that works better for those of us with mature eyesight. Thanks.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

You can't spell "Liberal" without "Lie."
Troy

Post by Troy »

The font is the default font with phpbb's default theme. We can look at changing it too and will most likely make it the same as the rest of our site.
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Yes, there are a number of options that I am happy to see, in particular when someone quotes you. That was long overdue.
But seeing as the other topic, "stupid changes" is locked, I'll pass on my two-bits.
I do miss the LIKE feature. That was a real indication of people. My gawd, even CBC has the LIKE feature. :200:
Yeah, find a way to bring it back.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I never cared for it.

However, the new design doesn't look good on mobile, doesn't automatically scale up or down.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Yeah the page is zoomed like a microscope when you navigate anywhere on mobile.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I'm finally seeing what you guys are seeing with the mobile issue. It wasn't like that before, for me, but I'll figure it out and hopefully have it fixed soon -- most likely sometime in the morning, as I'm still running on about 3 hours of sleep after last night's upgrade.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

The “Like” option was wholly inadequate. There should also be options to “Fully Endorse” and to “Dismiss as Utter Drivel.” :up:
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

^^^
You're putting too much thought into the LIKE button.
I'm posting this from Traditional lands of the British Empire & the current Lands of The Dominion of Canada.
I also give thanks for this ethos richness bestowed on us via British Colonialism.

#StandUpToJewishHate
Babba_not_Gump
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Babba_not_Gump »

Not to worry. You're not on my ignore list yet. :biggrin:

#StandUpToJewishHate
OldBlindDog
Board Meister

Post by OldBlindDog »

I miss the likes, more giving than receiving. If someone makes me laugh out loud on a forum with a like feature, they will automatically receive a like.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

Not the same without the like feature. Feels like I have no friends. Actually, I have no friends
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW

Return to “Feedback and Requests”