List of requests to modify changes ??

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
my5cents
Guru

List of requests to modify changes ??

Post by my5cents »

Might be a good topic. As each of us get used to the new format used by Castanet Forums we individually will discover what we feel are problems. Some may be legitimate and in need of modification, some not.

Mine.... (in addition to the missing "like" function of course)

When using the "list" function, sometimes I just want to indent a short quote, an authority, such as a section of legislation etc.

Sometimes I used the "list" function and actually desired a "bullet point", I used "<cntr> 0149" "•".

With the new format it seems there are two options, unless I've missed something, either each "list" is given a bullet point, or each "list" is numbered.

Sometimes I just want to indent text for ease of reading and don't want it preceded by a bullet point. Can that be done ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Re: List of requests to modify changes ??

Post by rustled »

I think it's helpful to have a thread for discussing the changes somewhere other than the bickering room!

Maybe it should be elsewhere, though, since not all of what we'd share would be complaints?

Some observations:
  1. Like you, I previously used the "list" function to indent a block quote rather than the "quote" function. If the first bullet can't be avoided, though, I think we would all get used to seeing it. Maybe there's a code insert we can use to delete it, or a way to white it out? Alternatively, some way to indent? Speaking of which:
  2. Center works again, and Right and Left (below).
  3. Nice to see strikethrough back.
  4. I've noticed that for our YouTube posts, we need to use the address from the browser bar (rather than the URL we'd get with right-click, copy URL).
Centered text working.
Left aligned text working.
Right aligned text working.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

Thanks for starting this list!

1. The "list" feature has now been modified so that it no longer includes that bullet.

4. I've been looking around for other solutions to embed youtube videos. Using the standard bbcode that we have set up right now doesn't handle all the various youtube links that get shared. So far, the recommendation is to install this extension:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/
It handles numerous media sources beside youtube. I'm considering installing it.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Troy wrote: May 21st, 2021, 12:19 pm Thanks for starting this list!

1. The "list" feature has now been modified so that it no longer includes that bullet.

4. I've been looking around for other solutions to embed youtube videos. Using the standard bbcode that we have set up right now doesn't handle all the various youtube links that get shared. So far, the recommendation is to install this extension:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ediaembed/
It handles numerous media sources beside youtube. I'm considering installing it.
WOW ! That was quick !!!!!!!

<like> :D
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

Thanks for fixing "list" bullet!

So far, I haven't had a problem with YouTube as long as I use the browser address. As an example, here's the result copying and pasting the browser address:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYPZwZud_PA

After adding the "youtube" code:

Here's the result with the right-click "copy video URL":

[youtube]https://youtu.be/SYPZwZud_PA[/youtube]
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

If we can't have the "like" feature, how about thumbs up or down instead?
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Can you please fix it, so that when one is on a phone or a tablet, the screen size adjusts so that it is legible? Thanks!
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

daria wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 9:13 am Can you please fix it, so that when one is on a phone or a tablet, the screen size adjusts so that it is legible? Thanks!
Are you using a browser or the app? If not using the app maybe try that.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Bsuds wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 9:32 am
daria wrote: May 22nd, 2021, 9:13 am Can you please fix it, so that when one is on a phone or a tablet, the screen size adjusts so that it is legible? Thanks!
Are you using a browser or the app? If not using the app maybe try that.

My browser. It was never a problem before?
Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Just loaded the app. No thanks.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The Castanet app doesn't have a forums section to it -- just a link to open it up in your browser.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It should look a little better on phones & tablets now. We're still working on improvements for those devices too.
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Troy wrote: May 24th, 2021, 12:38 pm
It should look a little better on phones & tablets now. We're still working on improvements for those devices too.
Thank you! This is noticeably better.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

I posted a joke in the wrong thread and tried to delete it so I could put it in the correct place.

It won't let me delete it. That definitely needs a fix. It would let me add text with an edit but I can't remove the picture.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

You wanted easy? To delete an image, click on the edit button then go down to attachments, click on that and you'll see a screen like what's shown below - click on delete image and hit the submit button.
Delete.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”