Home Page loading wonky ??

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
W105
Guru

Home Page loading wonky ??

Post by W105 »

all day today Castanet's Home Page is loading really wonky for me...like the entire page is scrambled ?? I have rebooted a few times and it's still happening ?? anybody else having this issue ??
Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 13-05-28 Castanet net - Kelowna's Homepage.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Home Page loading wonky ??

Post by Fancy »

I haven't had an issue - yet.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

Looks like missing stylesheet assets ... tried a hard refresh and didn't have any issues myself ... do you have another browser on that machine to try and see if it happens there too?
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

spooker wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 1:59 pm Looks like missing stylesheet assets ... tried a hard refresh and didn't have any issues myself ... do you have another browser on that machine to try and see if it happens there too?
I will look on my ipad right now, thanks for the suggestion :up: but this did happen on the weekend but went away..I have rebooted 4 times now ?? and had no problem first thing this morning but then poof and it's still happening ?? really weird
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

ok, I checked my ipad no problem...I have ad blocker on my desk top but not on my ipad...maybe that's the problem ?? I know that I cannot see some images on here with my desk top because of ad blocker but can on my ipad that doesn't have ad blocker...I'm not very good with techy stuff..lol
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

W105 wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 2:14 pm ok, I checked my ipad no problem...I have ad blocker on my desk top but not on my ipad...maybe that's the problem ?? I know that I cannot see some images on here with my desk top because of ad blocker but can on my ipad that doesn't have ad blocker...I'm not very good with techy stuff..lol
Does your adblocker have an easy way to disable it just to test if that is the reason? (a lot of times there will be an icon for it in the window that you can right-click on and get a little menu to turn it on and off for a page or domain)

Because of the way adblockers work it very well could be affecting the loading of the style assets needed to layout the page correctly ...
--
“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.”
― Ernest Hemingway
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

spooker wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 2:26 pm
W105 wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 2:14 pm ok, I checked my ipad no problem...I have ad blocker on my desk top but not on my ipad...maybe that's the problem ?? I know that I cannot see some images on here with my desk top because of ad blocker but can on my ipad that doesn't have ad blocker...I'm not very good with techy stuff..lol
Does your adblocker have an easy way to disable it just to test if that is the reason? (a lot of times there will be an icon for it in the window that you can right-click on and get a little menu to turn it on and off for a page or domain)

Because of the way adblockers work it very well could be affecting the loading of the style assets needed to layout the page correctly ...
I have no idea but I will try it, thanks Spooker..like I said I am not very techy so your suggestions are VERY appreciated :up:
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

W105 wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 2:32 pm
spooker wrote: Dec 1st, 2021, 2:26 pm

I have no idea but I will try it, thanks Spooker..like I said I am not very techy so your suggestions are VERY appreciated :up:
All good ... have been tech support for my extended family since the 80s ... if you're not able to resolve things let me know and I'll PM you some more help ...
--
― Ernest Hemingway
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

Hey Spooker..I looked to see if I could turn off my ad blocker and I just couldn't figure it out...the page was the same this morning but now it's suddenly back to normal ?? so yahoo !! have no idea what was wrong but everything is ok now :D
spooker
Guru

Post by spooker »

W105 wrote: Dec 2nd, 2021, 2:34 pm Hey Spooker..I looked to see if I could turn off my ad blocker and I just couldn't figure it out...the page was the same this morning but now it's suddenly back to normal ?? so yahoo !! have no idea what was wrong but everything is ok now :D
If it being caused by your adblocker there could be a specific advert that is coming into rotation that is throwing off your system ... let me know if it happens again ... we're talking about computers, everything is a pattern that can be resolved ...
--
― Ernest Hemingway
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Depending on which ad blocker you're using, you might see something similar to this. If the circle on the right hand side of the page is to the right and is blue or green it means the blocker is operational. To turn it off, click on the ball and it should turn off and move to the left hand side.
Ad.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

If a page isn't loading properly, especially the home page, then just do a simple page reload/refresh. That should solve it. An ad or ad-blocker isn't causing any issue like that. I did some recent updates to our stylesheet in the afternoon of November 30th, so maybe the timing of that update and you visiting that page caused the problem.

Return to “Feedback and Requests”