Not a complaint

Comments about the discussion board. Site-related comments should be addressed to the applicable department through the Contact Us form.
Patron
Lord of the Board

Not a complaint

Post by Patron »

hey just wanted to say I noticed the new change in the forums :D the newest commented thread now shows and I really like it :up:

thanks Mr Troy :up: you've made the forum so much more easier to read again
NotNorthAnymore
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Not a complaint

Post by NotNorthAnymore »

I agree :130: :130: :up:
So much easier now that the page is clean.
"THEY" are watching you! -- "THEY" know who you are! -- "THEY" know where you are!
Always use heavy duty BBQ tinfoil under your Black Hat - That way "THEY" can't read your 'mind'.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

:up: :up: :D
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Increased traffic on the board is making things difficult to navigate and rather slow.

Totally understandable knowing current happenings in the central Okanagan.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

I'm doing what I can to keep everything running as normal as possible here. The forums runs on the same load-balanced servers as the rest of the site. It's actually the traffic to the news stories that's slowing things down. I'm working on some improvements behind the scene to help with that part.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Am I the only one who uses quick links and chooses "New posts"…?
Troy
Site Technical Administrator

Post by Troy »

I use it when I've finished checking the forums/topics I regularly look at. I know it's not working right now due to the server loads. Hopefully I can take care of that soon.
Rol-Tanguy

Post by Rol-Tanguy »

Not a complaint but a question.
What does it mean when the board reads "You are not authorised to read this forum." ? Does it mean the forum was privated or taken off ? This occurred to me today when I was trying to read the Colonialism -Good and Bad forum [Seen here viewtopic.php?f=31&p=3243453#p3243453].
Free and equal in common happiness
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Rol-Tanguy wrote: Oct 1st, 2023, 6:17 pm Not a complaint but a question.
What does it mean when the board reads "You are not authorised to read this forum." ? Does it mean the forum was privated or taken off ? This occurred to me today when I was trying to read the Colonialism -Good and Bad forum [Seen here viewtopic.php?f=31&p=3243453#p3243453].
It usually means the thread has gotten out of hand and has been locked so the mods can clean it up or if it's real bad delete the whole thing.
One day you will find someone who is obsessed with you.
It will most likely be a Dog, but it is what it is.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Bsuds wrote: Oct 1st, 2023, 6:41 pm
Rol-Tanguy wrote: Oct 1st, 2023, 6:17 pm Not a complaint but a question.
It usually means the thread has gotten out of hand and has been locked so the mods can clean it up or if it's real bad delete the whole thing.
Locking the thread does not prevent us from viewing it, it just prevents us from posting in it.

Not authorized to view, means the mods have put it in purgatory.

It may return or it may not.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Feedback and Requests”