Kelowna Voting Results!

001TT

Re: Kelowna Voting Results!

Post by 001TT »

With money and power behind them its like some kind of cultish propaganda machine haha. Wowzers.
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

001TT wrote:
michelle2boys wrote:I was disappointed by the results. But I was even more disappointed when I voted at the Mission hall today and found an "ad"
(cut out of a newspaper I think) for the FourChange candidates in the booth I voted at. I gave it to the elections rep who was standing nearby. Did this happen to anyone else?

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Isn't against the rules for stuff like that to happen?

http://www.cscd.gov.bc.ca/lgd/gov_structure/elections/election_questions.htm

Are there rules about signs and advertising in local elections?
Yes. There is a prohibition against advertising on TV, the radio or in newspapers or magazines on voting day. There is also a prohibition against placing campaign signs or materials within 100 metres of any voting place. This includes buttons worn by supporters, bumper stickers, pamphlets, posters, or any other material that advocates for or against a particular candidate or candidates. Election officials have authority to remove any signs or campaign materials found within 100 metres of a voting place on a voting day.

Most local governments have sign bylaws that govern the placement of signs, including election signs, within their jurisdiction. Contact your local government for more information.

The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has authority over provincial roads and highways, and may have rules regarding the placement of signs adjacent to these roads and highways

Are campaign signs allowed at the voting places?
No. There can be no campaign material (signs, buttons, brochures, etc.) within 100 metres of a voting place on voting days

What can I do if I believe someone has committed an election offence?
If you believe someone has committed an election offence, contact your local police. The police are responsible for conducting an investigation and recommending to Crown counsel whether charges should be laid. Election offences are prosecuted through the judicial system. The Chief Election Officer does not investigate alleged election offenses
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Once the ballots were counted Saturday evening, five councillors and a mayor had been sent to the sidelines.

Mayor Sharon Shepherd, along with councillors Charlie Hodge, Kevin Craig, Graham James, Angela Reid-Nagy and Michele Rule, all went down to defeat.

Why is that you Gray bashers?

How come such a big sweep?

Could it be that Sharon and her flock did such a poor job that they paid the price for their ineptness?

Oh anything but the truth. Resume the scaremongering.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

grammafreddy wrote:
Piecemaker wrote:It is what it is.
Some my choice, many not.

(Oh, I've decided to run for City Council next time. Before I do so, I'm going to change my name to Shea Webber, Beryl Itani or Brad Bennett!)

Better start a development company to go along with the name. It's what they want.

Now you're catching on. Who else do you think can afford to pay for your social housing tastes?
Not afraid to say "It".
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Carmencat wrote:
cooldude wrote:F-me! What a crock. Gray a hasbeen and Zimmerman a wannabe. Blanleil, seriously? His boring voice again? :purefury: . Well at least Mohini and Maxine made it. Good on them. :bump:

Well at least 4Themselves didn't get everthing they wanted, contrary to what Zimmerman said. Hopefully the next three years go by quickly and Gray will get booted out again. But the people stupid enough to vote him in this time could vote for 75 yr old in three years. I am thrilled that Gran didn't get in.

I do wonder what would have happened if over 2000 people hadn't wasted their votes for mayoral candidates who had no chance of getting elected.

Oh ya CarmanCat, I went to bed last night with over 1,400 WASTED votes dancing on my head and a lot of "what if's". Did anyone seriously think Cal or Kim or ...? would oust Sharon or even beat Walter? Seriously? The Old Gray Mayor had better be highly aware that his win margin is slim.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote: The Old Gray Mayor had better be highly aware that his win margin is slim.

I would hope he won't run again as he is too old. At his age he can go downhill very fast and I've seen that happen before.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

logicalview wrote:
Once the ballots were counted Saturday evening, five councillors and a mayor had been sent to the sidelines.

Mayor Sharon Shepherd, along with councillors Charlie Hodge, Kevin Craig, Graham James, Angela Reid-Nagy and Michele Rule, all went down to defeat.

Why is that you Gray bashers?

How come such a big sweep?

Could it be that Sharon and her flock did such a poor job that they paid the price for their ineptness?

Oh anything but the truth. Resume the scaremongering.

:rate9:
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

grammafreddy wrote:
logicalview wrote:
grammafreddy wrote: I'll nail *bleep* to crosses from behind the scenes and make sure they are accountable to the masses not just their buddies.

Much like how the electorate held Sharon accountable. Not to mention her flock.

How badly were their *bleep* nailed to crosses?

Move on. I am.

Now it's backyard chickens and affordable rental housing for working folks.

And watching council's kick-backs, of course.

You seem to be implying that a previous council received kick-backs , and that this new one will too. Can you back that up with............... well anything ? Your candidates got tossed by the majority of your fellow citizens , so now you allege illegal activity !

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”