Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

User avatar
prairieflower
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2109
Joined: Mar 24th, 2007, 11:01 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by prairieflower »

User avatar
Ken7
Guru
Posts: 8295
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by Ken7 »

:skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:

Hope we have someone new!! I don't see a leader in the current Mayor!
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by grammafreddy »

Kenyo wrote::skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:

Hope we have someone new!! I don't see a leader in the current Mayor!


You won't see a leader in anybody if you don't get rid of some of those councillors who have built empires at City Hall.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 27662
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by normaM »

Time for a new broom, I imagine others will come out to run against SS
You can try and dirty my name, but I'll wear your hate like war paint
GreyGoose
Fledgling
Posts: 304
Joined: Aug 17th, 2006, 10:23 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by GreyGoose »

We need to clean house with respect to city council. Time to get some pro-business people in the seats.

Kelowna has zero industry besides tourism and hospitality.

That's not enough to carry you through tough times especially with the current council.

Fire awaay.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by grammafreddy »

GreyGoose wrote:We need to clean house with respect to city council. Time to get some pro-business people in the seats.

Kelowna has zero industry besides tourism and hospitality.

That's not enough to carry you through tough times especially with the current council.

Fire awaay.


What will pro-business people on council do? How will they make a difference? What policies will they put in place that will improve things in Kelowna? What impact will these policies have on people who are not business people?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
southy
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3097
Joined: Jun 1st, 2010, 4:14 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by southy »

Well since Walter has sold his new radio station perhaps he will consider running for mayor again. Anyone have a scoop on this?
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
Posts: 8295
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by Ken7 »

grammafreddy wrote:
Kenyo wrote::skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:

Hope we have someone new!! I don't see a leader in the current Mayor!


You won't see a leader in anybody if you don't get rid of some of those councillors who have built empires at City Hall.

_________________________________________________________________

Do you think if, saying if someone who is a real leader, knows how to operate a business, and is sharp would not be able to lead the group to use our money in the best interest of all?

Currently, it appears a majority of the group says yes and that is the end of it. I feel with proper leadership we could see positive change and make all employees and counsel responsible for their actions.

Living here only a short time, I have observed no one is accountable and that is not in the best interest of this City.
User avatar
tripcoutthev
Fledgling
Posts: 109
Joined: Oct 3rd, 2010, 7:38 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by tripcoutthev »

grammafreddy wrote:
alisvolatpropriis wrote:
Evan wrote:I'll stick with Sharon.


I as well.


Me three.

If Kim was running for a councillor position, I'd vote for her so we might be able to get rid of a few on there who have become part of the "empire" problem.


I too would stick with Sharon.
When I want your opinion I'll give it to you.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by grammafreddy »

Kenyo wrote:
Do you think if, saying if someone who is a real leader, knows how to operate a business, and is sharp would not be able to lead the group to use our money in the best interest of all?

Currently, it appears a majority of the group says yes and that is the end of it.


LOL - the end of it? The end of what?

Did I miss the election or something?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
dconzatti
Fledgling
Posts: 103
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2007, 4:48 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by dconzatti »

Hmm, that decision is a hard one for me to make.......

Can't make a decision VS New to making decisions. :nyah:
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by grammafreddy »

dconzatti wrote:Hmm, that decision is a hard one for me to make.......

Can't make a decision VS New to making decisions. :nyah:


The only decisions they make is which way to jump on an issue - and when the majority jump the other way, Kim's vote won't count for anything.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
dconzatti
Fledgling
Posts: 103
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2007, 4:48 pm

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by dconzatti »

As a leader you need to have a voice strong enough to be heard. The "empire" you're referring to is the direct result of having a weak leader.
User avatar
JayPeeWhy
Board Meister
Posts: 466
Joined: Aug 22nd, 2007, 9:49 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by JayPeeWhy »

breeolson wrote:people complain and then still decide to vote her in again


I don't think it is the same people complaining and then voting in! :)

Moving away from breelson's quote ...

A few loud complainers cause a lot of issues in this city. They are often mistaken for the majority.

".. Just 'cause you shout loudest don't mean that you're right .." (Reverend and the Makers)

I've never been somewhere with so many opinions and yet so apathetic when it comes to lifting a finger to make things better. Replying on a Forum does not make you an active part of the solution!
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Kim Ouellette is making a third run for mayor

Post by grammafreddy »

dconzatti wrote:As a leader you need to have a voice strong enough to be heard. The "empire" you're referring to is the direct result of having a weak leader.


That's not really true. The "empire" has existed in this town long before Sharon was elected and unless some of the "empire builders" are voted out, the "empire" will continue to run the city. The "empire" is made up of some of the city councillors, city admin and staff (and some private individuals and corporations).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”