Walter Gray makes it official

AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by AllthatFunk »

Not voting for Grandpa Walt. He can't seriously think he's going to get in again can he? God help the working poor and minority groups in this town if he does.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
crankycanadian

Post by crankycanadian »

I will be voting for Walter Gray, I have never been motivated enough to actually vote before, but i am sick and tired of the way things are being handled in this city. I don't want my tax dollars wasted any longer!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I was living in Kamloops when Walter Gray was defeated, but I distinctly remember the media reports stating that the people of Kelowna felt the city was developing too fast and thus opted for someone who would slow down business and development to a manageable level. Given the state of the economy today, it does not surprise me to see Gray back in the foray.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Kelowna needs this old windbag as much as we need Shepard, bloody hell get some new fresh blood in City Hall.

Politicians :129:
officialkelowna

Post by officialkelowna »

:bump: I agree with the CrankyCanadian's post. We need a leader in the Mayors chair not someone who is scared to make a solid decision (Sharron). I think the entire council would benefit with a leader and team player in office.. This City Needs Walter Gray for Mayor! Lets face it current council is currently without a leader..
BoyWondering

Post by BoyWondering »

I heard Walter on CBC this morning: he was being very disingenuous to put it politely!

First, he said that begin accused of being part of an 'old boy network' was due to his age and his long-time residency in Kelowna. Sorry Walter, but what we mean is that you are part of a narrow-minded clique that seems economic development as retail, restaurants and development. You have never had a vision for this city beyond pouring concrete.

Second, he talked about needing to make the city more attractive for educated young people from UBCO/OC. I work within an industry that desperately needs to retain and attract young, creative people but we find it hard to entice these folks because they perceive Kelowna to be way too oriented to the old and lacking in outlets for intellectual talent. Much of this is due to you, Walter and your homophobic attitudes do not help.

As I said before, Walter should stay retired; he is a link to the past, not a path to the future!
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

Glacier wrote:I was living in Kamloops when Walter Gray was defeated, but I distinctly remember the media reports stating that the people of Kelowna felt the city was developing too fast and thus opted for someone who would slow down business and development to a manageable level. Given the state of the economy today, it does not surprise me to see Gray back in the foray.

Yep, the plans to scoop the City Park water front for 25 plus story condos came right out of Walter Gray and Ron Mattiussi's plans to enrich the Edmonton developer... it was under their watch that the fiasco with the Simpson covenant came about to facilitate same highrises, as well as the lawsuits resulting from the City building trails on private property...

That's a good governance act to set up again...
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

How I'm waiting to see James Stuart to throw his name as well, what the hell.
JLoveOpinion

Post by JLoveOpinion »

Another case of politian being too old to realize what the city needs. I never understood why politians do not have a required 'retiring age' like the rest of the population does. Two thumbs down to Gray for mayor :chased:
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

I think its just opportunity. Sharon is weak and who else is going to run?

Cushy job, travel benefits and the ability to make your friends happy and make them money.

Why not run?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Go ahead, Baggo. I'll vote for you for kicks and giggles.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board

Post by Bagotricks »

Captain Awesome wrote:Go ahead, Baggo. I'll vote for you for kicks and giggles.

Only if get to run under my handle "Bag O' Tricks"

Vote lickity-split-bag-o-tricks!
econovan64
Übergod

Post by econovan64 »

Bestside wrote:
Glacier wrote:I was living in Kamloops when Walter Gray was defeated, but I distinctly remember the media reports stating that the people of Kelowna felt the city was developing too fast and thus opted for someone who would slow down business and development to a manageable level. Given the state of the economy today, it does not surprise me to see Gray back in the foray.

Yep, the plans to scoop the City Park water front for 25 plus story condos came right out of Walter Gray and Ron Mattiussi's plans to enrich the Edmonton developer... it was under their watch that the fiasco with the Simpson covenant came about to facilitate same highrises, as well as the lawsuits resulting from the City building trails on private property...

That's a good governance act to set up again...

Exactly
"Granddaddy used to handle snakes in church. Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking." Wesley Strick
Benzi

Post by Benzi »

When we had the great fire here Walter was on holidays!!!! :skyisfalling: Our city was burning and it was not important enough for him to come back and be the Mayor then. He showed up a few weeks later.
We do no want his arrogant *bleep* back here as Mayor. His thinking is old fashion and the city is gone on without his old outdated vision or lack of it.
He openly hates gays and lesbions, and because of him our fine city was sued less we remember. How can you be Mayor and openly hate segments of the popuation. I live next door to a gay person and an East Indian on the other side, what would Walter do, move?
If he is bored maybe Walter show up at the volunteer show this weekend at Parkinson Rec. and do something that actually gives back to the comunutiy. Most of Kelowna has moved on from your style politics. During your splendor as the Mayor of Kelowna the crime increased 10 fold, gangs actually moved here. You let downtown become a dump like the east end of Vancouver, it's dangerous to even think of going downtown for dinner. Several of friends have been beaten and robbed downtown day and night.
I am not a great fan of Sharon Shepard either. Only the Artists in the community have benifited form her tenure with the millions and millions and millions she spends on stupid art projects in this community. Someone should blow up the ugly
x-mas tree looking bear downtown, that thing looks ridiculous, yes art is in the eye of the beholder.
In the mean time we need a real Mayor not a retired old fart.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bagotricks wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Go ahead, Baggo. I'll vote for you for kicks and giggles.

Only if get to run under my handle "Bag O' Tricks"

Vote lickity-split-bag-o-tricks!

Hey, you can run on the platform or legalizing everything and anything.

What a bulletproof way of getting into an office!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”