Walter Gray makes it official

User avatar
Bagotricks
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4516
Joined: Oct 15th, 2006, 1:19 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Bagotricks »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Bagotricks wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:Go ahead, Baggo. I'll vote for you for kicks and giggles.


Only if get to run under my handle "Bag O' Tricks"

Vote lickity-split-bag-o-tricks!


Hey, you can run on the platform or legalizing everything and anything.

What a bulletproof way of getting into an office!


Its called personal responsibility and accountability ;)
User avatar
cooldude
Fledgling
Posts: 217
Joined: Nov 9th, 2009, 9:37 am

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by cooldude »

WTHWYT wrote:Kelowna needs this old windbag as much as we need Shepard, bloody hell get some new fresh blood in City Hall.

Politicians :129:


Bang on! We need a 21st Century mind.
User avatar
AllthatFunk
Board Meister
Posts: 661
Joined: Jun 4th, 2009, 7:15 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by AllthatFunk »

BoyWondering wrote:I heard Walter on CBC this morning: he was being very disingenuous to put it politely!

First, he said that begin accused of being part of an 'old boy network' was due to his age and his long-time residency in Kelowna. Sorry Walter, but what we mean is that you are part of a narrow-minded clique that seems economic development as retail, restaurants and development. You have never had a vision for this city beyond pouring concrete.

Second, he talked about needing to make the city more attractive for educated young people from UBCO/OC. I work within an industry that desperately needs to retain and attract young, creative people but we find it hard to entice these folks because they perceive Kelowna to be way too oriented to the old and lacking in outlets for intellectual talent. Much of this is due to you, Walter and your homophobic attitudes do not help.

As I said before, Walter should stay retired; he is a link to the past, not a path to the future!


Best post on this topic that I've seen yet. Kelowna is currently attracting educated young people but we need more. This city is widely known as a retirement community that complains about all the young people who arrive in the summer months. Do you really think Grandpa Walt is going to have any fresh visions? Doubtful!
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24998
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Captain Awesome »

cooldude wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:Kelowna needs this old windbag as much as we need Shepard, bloody hell get some new fresh blood in City Hall.

Politicians :129:


Bang on! We need a 21st Century mind.


Kevin Craig is your man then.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Carmencat
Übergod
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mar 13th, 2008, 11:14 am

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Carmencat »

I heard the old Gray Mayor on the radio this morning saying that he thinks there should be change to the council as well. He feels that every election there should be 3 or 4 outgoing and 3 or 4 incoming. I wonder if that means old councillors who were defeated in 2005 or before should run again this November? Hardly what I would call fresh blood. Yes Walter, I'm looking at you.
User avatar
dsldriver
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 859
Joined: Nov 5th, 2005, 1:46 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by dsldriver »

Oh hell. What is it with old people that they just can't accept when it is time to shut it down and hang up their walkers??
talk-on
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 20th, 2010, 7:14 am

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by talk-on »

This is too scary for words..if Walter Grey gets back in things will end up far worse than they are today..I am not a Sharon Shepherd fan but of the two..I would take her...
User avatar
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2568
Joined: Jun 7th, 2005, 3:36 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by binky11 »

I guess I am with the minority again, but I for one will be voting for Walter Gray! He did a fine job when he was in, one of the very few who also has some morals and is not afraid to make decisions even if it steps on the toes of a minority group or 2. Sharon would do anything she had to do to be liked even if it was not in the best interest of the city, or if she herself was personally against it. Because Walter does have some morals I don't expect him to get it in though, this city is not about morals. Not many are.
Image
officialkelowna
Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 9th, 2011, 11:44 am

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by officialkelowna »

binky11 wrote:I guess I am with the minority again, but I for one will be voting for Walter Gray! He did a fine job when he was in, one of the very few who also has some morals and is not afraid to make decisions even if it steps on the toes of a minority group or 2. Sharon would do anything she had to do to be liked even if it was not in the best interest of the city, or if she herself was personally against it. Because Walter does have some morals I don't expect him to get it in though, this city is not about morals. Not many are.



:ohmygod: Well Said!
Carmencat
Übergod
Posts: 1288
Joined: Mar 13th, 2008, 11:14 am

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Carmencat »

Thank goodness Sharon is running again. If I had to choose between Old Gray Mayor and Kim Who, I might have to stick my head in the oven.

How can anyone take Kim Oulette seriously? If she was really interested in getting into politics, why go for the mayor's job right out of the gate? Does she have any type of experience in ANYTHING? What is her background? Who knows? In her 2005 bio she stated that her husband and kids supported her. Apparently that means I should too. No mention of education, backgound, career(s). Yikes.

Even when she did run for Brian Given's seat in the byelection she finished pretty much last. Hardly someone who the city has embraced as having the the stuff to be even an councillor, let alone mayor.

I might add that when I heard her interviewed on the radio a month or so ago, she still had a hard time stringing two intelligent sentences together. Apparently she hasn't worked on her speaking abilities in the last 6 years.

Sorry, but I have no need for a 'change' from Sharon. And certainly not a 'change' to someone who had no experience, other than wanting the job. Look how that turned out for the U.S. with Obama.
Lore
Übergod
Posts: 1467
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Lore »

I remember when Gray was in and alot of downtown businesses were getting quite upset at the escalating crime in the downtown core and there was a meeting at city hall in which alot of the business owners attended to voice their concern.
I was at this meeting and as I listened to Gray go on and on and on and on and he said virtually nothing that could help with the situation I ended up yelling out "talk is cheap, people want action". Other people then piped up saying yeah we want action. But I still remember the nasty angry look Gray shot me when I said that. I just voiced what most people were thinking.
Bottomline is Gray is useless, talks alot about nothing and does nothing either.
BoyWondering

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by BoyWondering »

Lore wrote:I remember when Gray was in and alot of downtown businesses were getting quite upset at the escalating crime in the downtown core and there was a meeting at city hall in which alot of the business owners attended to voice their concern.
I was at this meeting and as I listened to Gray go on and on and on and on and he said virtually nothing that could help with the situation I ended up yelling out "talk is cheap, people want action". Other people then piped up saying yeah we want action. But I still remember the nasty angry look Gray shot me when I said that. I just voiced what most people were thinking.
Bottomline is Gray is useless, talks alot about nothing and does nothing either.


Too true. I also attended meetings where Gray was challenged and reacted very negatively. With Walter, it's his way or the highway; he doesn't want your input.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14212
Joined: Aug 12th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Logitack »

Lore wrote:Bottomline is Gray is useless, talks alot about nothing and does nothing either.


so, did you go to city hall and pick up your nomination papers and put your name forward for mayor?

sounds like a lot of people complaining about gray, who did or didnt do this and that. then step up to the plate and put your name forward, cannot get "new" blood on council if no one signs up.....
Lore
Übergod
Posts: 1467
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2006, 1:41 pm

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by Lore »

Logitack wrote:
Lore wrote:Bottomline is Gray is useless, talks alot about nothing and does nothing either.


so, did you go to city hall and pick up your nomination papers and put your name forward for mayor?

sounds like a lot of people complaining about gray, who did or didnt do this and that. then step up to the plate and put your name forward, cannot get "new" blood on council if no one signs up.....

I have a job already and have no desire to be mayor and I am not complaining about Gray, more like just stating what I believe.
Gray is useless, talks alot about nothing and does nothing either.
User avatar
cooldude
Fledgling
Posts: 217
Joined: Nov 9th, 2009, 9:37 am

Re: Walter Gray makes it official

Post by cooldude »

Captain Awesome wrote:
cooldude wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:Kelowna needs this old windbag as much as we need Shepard, bloody hell get some new fresh blood in City Hall.

Politicians :129:


Bang on! We need a 21st Century mind.


Kevin Craig is your man then.


:hailjo:

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”