22%

Total votes: 97

Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Mayoral Poll

Post by Rwede »

WTHWYT wrote:
RichardWede wrote:
johnhenry wrote:I'll give my vote to whomever either fires the City Manager or brings the wages for the City Manager down to an acceptable level. There is no way that our City "Manager" deserves to make that much money.

How do his wages compare to an equivalent position in the private sector?

Hmm... private sector City Manager, good luck with that google search.

Let's find a senior manager of several hundred employees and a budget of several million dollars. That's what is meant by equivalent position/responsibility level. You're being a bit too literal.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
mr barrymor

Post by mr barrymor »

I sure like the freedom we have to discuss things and give our oppinion. My time here in this area began in 1945. So, how many mayors and councilors have I seen? Quite a few. In the past Walter was part of that time of a reasonable economy. He benefited because of that fact. But now there seems to be a perception that the good that happened then was because of Walter's leadership. I don't think so.
If Walter would just realize the good old days have gone by and now we are in a world wide slump. It will be here for some time. What we need is a radical change in Councilors. Something to produce harmony around that U shaped table.
1000 + page views have been made to this blog. I request you take time to view it also. http://harveyavenuekelownabc.blogspot.com The "my choice" is a very good page to look at.
Let's develop Down Town Kelowna in a complete package. Bernard Avenue and Harvey Avenue included.
[email protected]
talk-on

Post by talk-on »

If Walter Gray perchance happens to be elected..much of this town will go to hell in a handbasket..He will be nothing but a mouthpiece for business concerns(who seem to be his main supporters) ..watch the over-height condos go up along the beach...he was in for how many years and all that came out ahead were the business owners..every thing else stagnated..I'm not saying that Sharon Shepherd is the be all end all as a mayor but at least she looks further than just the business community. The misson seems to get a lot of attention and goodies..is time they started building up north Glenmore as it seems to be the only area that has no ammenities...ie: sports facilities in spite of the fact that there are three schools in this area which indicates a large family (with children) area.
beachwear
Fledgling

Post by beachwear »

RichardWede wrote:
johnhenry wrote:I'll give my vote to whomever either fires the City Manager or brings the wages for the City Manager down to an acceptable level. There is no way that our City "Manager" deserves to make that much money.

How do his wages compare to an equivalent position in the private sector?

That's a pretty common theory Richard. "He could make more than that in the Private sector," so he's just doing it out of the goodness of his heart. Problem is, it's almost always the people making the big bucks in the public sector advancing the theory.
Which would make you one of them. Time to change your ID Richard.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Yes PLEASE zero in on the City manager. He takes home $20,000.00 a MONTH folks. Yours and mine tax money!!!! Is he really worth that kind of money? Cal, go for it!
beachwear
Fledgling

Post by beachwear »

John500 wrote:Yes PLEASE zero in on the City manager. He takes home $20,000.00 a MONTH folks. Yours and mine tax money!!!! Is he really worth that kind of money? Cal, go for it!

$20,000.00 a month? Who authorized that?

I have no problem looking into that, especially considering things like the failed CD 21 plan. Definately going to hear from the
"He could make a lot more in the Private world" faction.

Cal
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

[quote="calcondy"][quote="John500"]Yes PLEASE zero in on the City manager. He takes home $20,000.00 a [color=#FF0000]MONTH[/color] folks. Yours and mine tax money!!!! Is he really worth that kind of money? Cal, go for it![/quote]

$20,000.00 a month? Who authorized that?

I have no problem looking into that, especially considering things like the failed CD 21 plan. Definately going to hear from the
"He could make a lot more in the Private world" faction.

Cal[/quote]
Don't stop at the city manager. There are umpteen management positions that have to be looked at and action taken. Cut spending and we won't have to raise property taxes and development charges and fees and ............. It sounds simple, but we have to treat local government as a business and when there's a downturn, you have to look at expenses.
econovan64
Übergod

Post by econovan64 »

Walter Gray is yesterdays man. And he wasn't all that wonderful then.
Sharron has the community at heart, she is the best mayor we have had.

The message needs to get through to the city manager that he answers to council, not dictates. Best way to do that is by pink slip.
"Granddaddy used to handle snakes in church. Granny drank strychnine. I guess you could say I had a leg up, genetically speaking." Wesley Strick
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

What happened to the old pole results? . . . had Shepherd way in the lead.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

pic.jpg
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
thehansenbrothers

Post by thehansenbrothers »

Where are the old results gone. I would not put it past Nick Frost to wipe them out because Sheppard was schooling Gray. The Fourchangeorg, seems a little dirty all ofa sudden.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

thehansenbrothers wrote:Where are the old results gone. I would not put it past Nick Frost to wipe them out because Sheppard was schooling Gray. The Fourchangeorg, seems a little dirty all ofa sudden.

It's likely because 2 of the candidates have dropped out of the mayor race now so it's now down to five. So quick to assume it's gotta be something with Nick Frost's doing and Fourchangeorg. I really don't think he cares too much about these forums! It's nothing but a bunch of people whining and complaining on here. No one has anything good to say about anyone!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Kathy73 wrote:
thehansenbrothers wrote:Where are the old results gone. I would not put it past Nick Frost to wipe them out because Sheppard was schooling Gray. The Fourchangeorg, seems a little dirty all ofa sudden.

It's likely because 2 of the candidates have dropped out of the mayor race now so it's now down to five. So quick to assume it's gotta be something with Nick Frost's doing and Fourchangeorg. I really don't think he cares too much about these forums! It's nothing but a bunch of people whining and complaining on here. No one has anything good to say about anyone!

Hmmmm ... okay. Got a mirror handy?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

How does one get to vote on this poll. I can't find anywhere to vote. Or am I blind?
ScottRoss
Fledgling

Post by ScottRoss »

I can't speak to your visual acuity but there should be circles beside each candidate's name to click on, if there are red bars displaying the results you must have already voted.... That or there is a grand conspiracy to prevent you from voting in an online poll.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”