Thank you Jon Manchester - Daily Courier

beachwear
Fledgling

Thank you Jon Manchester - Daily Courier

Post by beachwear »

Preview: Thank you Jon Manchester - Daily Courier
I would like to thank Jon Manchester, Managing Editor at The Kelowna Daily Courier for taking my suggestion. They have now included all "the other" Mayoral Candidates in their opinion poll on the front page of their website. (See following email).

I will also be suggesting to Mr. Manchester that the Daily Courier change the format of their heavily advertised, upcoming "Two Candidate" debate to include the "other" 3 of the nominated candidates (two candidates have since dropped out leaving the race now at five.) I will publish that letter on this forum and elsewhere once I send it out. Hopefully they will see the wisdom in doing this.

I will also be submitting a letter respectfully requesting that Candidates Gray & Shepard remove their names from the upcoming election ballot in order that the citizens of Kelowna have the opportunity, after 16 years, to bring in a new leader who can bring forward new idea's, new solutions, new opportunities, and a new bright and shining future for Kelowna.

Here is the email reply form Jon Manchester:

Hello Cal,

You may notice that in response to your suggestion, I have updated our online poll to include all candidates remaining in the mayoral race.
The only reason it used the term "other" at all was because I posted it to our website before nominations closed and thus was unsure of the final running list.
As I have stated before, I wish all candidates well in the race, yourself included.
That does not change the fact the public, not The Daily Courier or myself, have already deemed Sharon Shepherd and Walter Gray to be the front-runners. Our debate simply recognizes that fact and, given the accusations leveled between them, gives the issue an outlet.
We will continue to cover the campaign, all-candidates events, and will be putting out our special election section prior to Nov. 19. We will be talking to all the candidates.
This is one event on one issue on one night. It is not the sum total of our election coverage plans.
I urge you to take advantage of those opportunities as well as those of the other media in town.

Jon Manchester
Managing Editor
The Daily Courier
250-470-0741
[email protected]

PS

I would again like to thank Jon Manchester for changing his sites opinion poll to include the "others". His email address is listed above. Please feel free to send him an email if you see fit.

Their are two Mayoral Polls now running in Kelowna that I am aware of. One is on this site. The other is on the Daily Courier site. I would hope that if you are reading this you might take a second and register your opinion of whom you think could best get things done and lead this City forward in the future.

Cal Condy
Candidate for Mayor
GenesisGT
Guru

Re: Thank you Jon Manchester - Daily Courier

Post by GenesisGT »

"The only reason it used the term "other" at all was because I posted it to our website before nominations closed and thus was unsure of the final running list."

This is so much crap as Walter was the last person to file nomination papers!!
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”