Dayleen VanRyswyk Castanet YouTube video

Dayleen
Board Meister

Re: Dayleen VanRyswyk Castanet YouTube video

Post by Dayleen »

RichardWede wrote:
Dayleen wrote:We have protested at Parliament and we have filed a complaint with the Ombudsperson's office.

Protesting at Parliament wouldn't help, as Highway 33 is a provincial concern, not federal. I think you'd have had better luck at the Legislature in Victoria.

I was at the BC Parliament building in Victoria also referred to as the Legislative assembly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dayleen
Board Meister

Post by Dayleen »

I appreciate the support you guys are showing...questions are good!! I'd rather people ask, than assume. I just don't want to confuse the 2 issues. This is a thread about my campaign video not my business access. As stated before..I'd be happy to sit down with anyone and show them the facts..I'm expecting 2200 more pages from the FOI though so it could be a long meeting..lol

Again, thank you for the support!
mountainmama
Fledgling

Post by mountainmama »

Very nicely done, Dayleen,
I wish you luck. Kelowna needs new faces with forsight , brains and determination. You fit the bill. I am a business woman also and would vote for you. Your personal "situation" was created by a fly by night contractor and not by yourself. I am very sorry that you and your husband had to go through such an ordeal, and I know nothing will ever make that right!! Here's hoping. :sunshine:
Dayleen
Board Meister

Post by Dayleen »

mountainmama wrote:Very nicely done, Dayleen,
I wish you luck. Kelowna needs new faces with forsight , brains and determination. You fit the bill. I am a business woman also and would vote for you. Your personal "situation" was created by a fly by night contractor and not by yourself. I am very sorry that you and your husband had to go through such an ordeal, and I know nothing will ever make that right!! Here's hoping. :sunshine:

Thank you, that's really nice of..it means a lot!!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Dayleen wrote:
RichardWede wrote:
Dayleen wrote:We have protested at Parliament and we have filed a complaint with the Ombudsperson's office.

Protesting at Parliament wouldn't help, as Highway 33 is a provincial concern, not federal. I think you'd have had better luck at the Legislature in Victoria.

I was at the BC Parliament building in Victoria also referred to as the Legislative assembly.

The BC Legislature is in Victoria. The Canadian Parliament is in Ottawa. Victoria does not have Parliament buildings.

Semantics, I know, but successful politicians should understand the structure of government.

Good luck on election day.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Dayleen wrote:I was at the BC Parliament building in Victoria also referred to as the Legislative assembly.

Of all the people I've seen protesting at the Ledge, I'd say you were one of the few with a legitimate beef and also not completely crazy. Good to see that sane people also protest things. :) Good luck next Saturday!
Justin Trudeau is an evil blight on this once great country. Shame on every single dumb-dumb that voted for this clown in 2021. LET'S GO BRANDON!!
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

The British Columbia Parliament Buildings are located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and are home to the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia.

The Speaker and the Sergeant-At-Arms are amongst those responsible for the legislative precinct, which by statute include the Parliament Buildings and grounds.

History

From 1856 to 1860 the Legislature of the Colony of Vancouver Island met at Bachelor's Hall at Fort Victoria.[1] From 1860 to 1898 it was housed in the first permanent building at Legislative Hall, a wooden building known colloquially as "The Birdcages" because of their shape (burned 1957).[2]

Construction of a new Parliament Building was first authorized by an act of the provincial legislature during 1893, the Parliament Buildings Construction Act. The province, anxious to commemorate its growing economic, social and political status, was engaged in an architectural competition to build a new legislative building in Victoria, after outgrowing "The Birdcages", which were notoriously drafty and leaked in wet weather.[3] Francis Rattenbury, a recent English immigrant, 25 years old, entered the contest and signed his drawings with the pseudonym "A B.C. Architect". He progressed to the second round, signing his drawing "For Queen and Province" and eventually won the competition.

Despite many problems, including exceeding budget—the original budget was $500,000; the final amount was $923,000—the British Columbia Parliament Buildings began operation officially during 1898.[4] The grand scale of its 500-ft (152-m) long andesite façade,[5] central dome and two end pavilions, the richness of its white marble, and combination of Baroque rigorous symmetry, use of domes and sculptural massing with the rusticated surfaces of the currently popular Romanesque Revival style contributed to its being an innovative and impressive monument for the young province.

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Co ... _Buildings
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dayleen
Board Meister

Post by Dayleen »

RichardWede wrote:
Dayleen wrote:
RichardWede wrote:

The BC Legislature is in Victoria. The Canadian Parliament is in Ottawa. Victoria does not have Parliament buildings.

Semantics, I know, but successful politicians should understand the structure of government.

Good luck on election day.

The general public knows it by the following;

British Columbia Parliament BuildingsFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The British Columbia Parliament Buildings are located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and are home to the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia

BC PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS - VICTORIA

Photo Courtesy Ryan Bushby and Wikimedia Commons
The Parliament buildings and grounds in Victora, B.C. are among the most
beautiful in the world, even when compared to national capitals. Designed
by 25-year-old Francis Rattenbury and built between 1893 and 1898, the
Parliament Buildings (also called the Legislature) are an architectural gem.
mountainmama
Fledgling

Post by mountainmama »

:dyinglaughing: Richard u are such a dweeb :dyinglaughing:
Benzi

Post by Benzi »

I for one am glad Dayleen is running for council. She has a great head on her shoulders and is a very well respected businesswoman in Kelowna (Rutland) I've had the pleasure of speakimg to her in depth and like what she says and has to offer. She's a very well rounded person. What i didn't know about her was that she was actually going into corporate law before there was a family issue that required her to discontinue. She has international bussiness experience, is successfully self made and would be an asset to council.

Myself and my 12 employees will be voting for her on election day. Good luck Dayleen!
Dayleen
Board Meister

Post by Dayleen »

Benzi wrote:I for one am glad Dayleen is running for council. She has a great head on her shoulders and is a very well respected businesswoman in Kelowna (Rutland) I've had the pleasure of speakimg to her in depth and like what she says and has to offer. She's a very well rounded person. What i didn't know about her was that she was actually going into corporate law before there was a family issue that required her to discontinue. She has international bussiness experience, is successfully self made and would be an asset to council.

Myself and my 12 employees will be voting for her on election day. Good luck Dayleen!

Thank you Benzi... I appreciate the support! I'm not sure if you've seen my web site or not but my son posted my AM1150 interview on the home page the other day. The link will take you to their web site and to a questionnaire I filled out. At the top of that is a little media player. Just hit the play button and have a listen. A lot of people have called me to say how happy they were hearing what I said because they agreed. If nothing else it shows how passionate I am about our city.

Again, thank you for your support and that of your staff :-)

Regards,
Dayleen Van Ryswyk
For Kelowna City Council
www.dayleenvanryswyk.com
chrismonroe

Post by chrismonroe »

I'm so glad i met you yesterday (walking our puppy downtown) You're the first candidate i've spoken to that said what my wife and I have been feeling. The passion you show for your vision of Kelowna really gets me excited for what could be if we had more people like you on council. You hit every point dead on!!

I really can't express just how impressed we are with you. I truly hope you get in there and we'll make sure all our friends hear about you. You really are a very smart lady. Very impressed!

Good luck to you!
Dayleen
Board Meister

Post by Dayleen »

chrismonroe wrote:I'm so glad i met you yesterday (walking our puppy downtown) You're the first candidate i've spoken to that said what my wife and I have been feeling. The passion you show for your vision of Kelowna really gets me excited for what could be if we had more people like you on council. You hit every point dead on!!

I really can't express just how impressed we are with you. I truly hope you get in there and we'll make sure all our friends hear about you. You really are a very smart lady. Very impressed!

Good luck to you!

Thank you Chris! Your puppy was gorgeous!! I'm not allowed anymore animals, apparently my husband thinks we have enough..lol I'm glad i met you both, your opinion isn't the minority..unfortunately! A lot of people feel disillusioned but i truly believe we can get where we want to be if we get the right people on council.

I appreciate your support!!

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”