FourChange Changes What Honesty Is

Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: FourChange Changes What Honesty Is

Post by Piecemaker »

GF---Go to the bottom of the original news story and look at the "mood" indicators there. NOT the Castanet Poll...that's different.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I did, Piece ... was 84% and 1100 votes ...

Carmencat wrote:I'm not too worried as I think FourChange is going to result in StayMuchTheSame. At the moment almost 84% of the nearly 1100 people who have voted on the story have voted that the story has made them angry. LOL.

and now it is ...

moodmeter.jpg
Last edited by grammafreddy on Nov 1st, 2011, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
callotto
Fledgling

Post by callotto »

I like their picks. They reinforce my what my own research tells. Good choices.
John500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by John500 »

Is 4change reading the liberal government books by any chance? Hiding info on a candidate so we dont know? They really think the electorate is THAT stupid?????
TimmyE
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by TimmyE »

Frankly, if I were one of the dream candidates, I would say thanks but no thanks. Unless I hear that, this announcement has cost each one of them my vote.
richardtaylor1973

Post by richardtaylor1973 »

grammafreddy wrote:When Colin Basran works for one of the organizing committee members of FourChange, of course he is going to one of the "chosen ones". There was never any doubt about that no matter what Basran answered on the questionnaire - or didn't answer. Hell, he probably could have not answered it at all and still made their "exalted species" list.

For what it's worth, I can absolutely 100% guarantee this is/was not the case. Don't believe me - ask Mr Hetherington or Ms DeHart.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:For what it's worth, I can absolutely 100% guarantee this is/was not the case. Don't believe me - ask Mr Hetherington or Ms DeHart.

from fourchange.org website
Francis Braam Owner/Managing Broker of Royal LePage Kelowna

basran is a realtor with royal lepage kelowna. so what are you guaranteeing? plz explain..
richardtaylor1973

plz explain..

Brian... given your apparent refusal to answer any of the questions I have posed yourself on Twitter you have a real nerve asking me to explain this.

But, once again, I will provide you the courtesy of an answer.

Now I'm not going to reveal details of every conversation I've had with every candidate or member of the FourChange steering committee. I believe one-one conversations should be kept private unless permission has been asked to share... but it's very simple: the statements "of course he is going to one of the "chosen ones"" and "he probably could have not answered it at all and still made their "exalted species" list are NOT grounded in fact. There are multiple people on the FourChange steering committee, not just Mr Braam... and there are other candidates that expected the endorsement.

Personally I was surprised to hear of this endorsement. I was impressed by Colin at the Habitat forum, where to me, he was the one standout from the new candidates. Since then I've kept a close eye on his campaign. It shows solid thinking by FourChange. There were candidates with (arguably) stronger name recognition (DeHart/Singh) and/or that would (arguably) be seen as more 'business friendly' (Herrington/Thompson).

But - if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face... go for it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:
Brian... given your apparent refusal to answer any of the questions I have posed yourself on Twitter you have a real nerve asking me to explain this.

But, once again, I will provide you the courtesy of an answer.

Now I'm not going to reveal details of every conversation I've had with every candidate or member of the FourChange steering committee. I believe one-one conversations should be kept private unless permission has been asked to share... but it's very simple: the statements "of course he is going to one of the "chosen ones"" and "he probably could have not answered it at all and still made their "exalted species" list are NOT grounded in fact. There are multiple people on the FourChange steering committee, not just Mr Braam... and there are other candidates that expected the endorsement.

Personally I was surprised to hear of this endorsement. I was impressed by Colin at the Habitat forum, where to me, he was the one standout from the new candidates. Since then I've kept a close eye on his campaign. It shows solid thinking by FourChange. There were candidates with (arguably) stronger name recognition (DeHart/Singh) and/or that would (arguably) be seen as more 'business friendly' (Herrington/Thompson).

But - if you want to cut off your nose to spite your face... go for it.

Who is "Brian"?

Nope - not based on fact - JMO. Seems I wasn't alone in that, either.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

richardtaylor1973

grammafreddy wrote:Who is "Brian"?

See http://twitter.com/logitack

grammafreddy wrote:Nope - not based on fact - JMO. Seems I wasn't alone in that, either.

Appreciate your honesty.

Who has the grammafreddy endorsement now anyway? Have you found 8 chicken lovers yet? ;-)
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:
plz explain..

i thought i answered ALL twitter questions you tweeted....interesting....

Logitack Brian
@
@rtaylor cuz voters dont like special interest group endorsing their chosen candidates. #kelownavotes

Logitack Brian
@rtaylor @fourchangekel endorsement will ensure votes go to others #kelownavotes

thanks for the explanation. the fact is that basran does work as a realtor and his boss is on the steering committee. one could conclude that basran got special consideration. of course we wont know that since four change wont reveal how the 4 endorsed candidates rose to the top of the heap.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:
Appreciate your honesty.

Who has the grammafreddy endorsement now anyway? Have you found 8 chicken lovers yet? ;-)

I don't usually pull punches.

Finding 8 chicken lovers wasn't all that difficult. http://kelownakluckers.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81#p128

That was just my first criteria. I sort out the other important issues after they get the first one right.

richardtaylor1973

Logitack wrote:I thought i answered ALL twitter questions you tweeted... interesting...

There's been others... I'd be particularly interested to know your thoughts on the example of waterfront development I sent. Perhaps my messages weren't specific enough. Tricky with 140 characters.

Logitack wrote:thanks for the explanation. the fact is that basran does work as a realtor and his boss is on the steering committee. one could conclude that basran got special consideration.

Agreed. And maybe he did. But I'll guarantee that his endorsement was far from guaranteed.

Logitack wrote:Of course we wont know that since four change wont reveal how the 4 endorsed candidates rose to the top of the heap.

They're actually pretty approachable and open people in person. My understanding is that questionnaires and background were reviewed to create a short list - and these were then followed up with further phone calls and emails to clarify points.

Given that their first 'letter to friends' was leaked to the media - which led to media reports that really got their image in the community off to the wrong foot - they seem to have been hesitant in putting anything else in writing.

Even if the whole Fourchange process and message pisses you off. I think it's shortsighted to change a vote because of their endorsements - particularly in the case of Colin. I dropped in at his campaign office opening this evening. I didn't see a room full of and particular interest group - I saw a balanced crowd of pretty regular folk.
richardtaylor1973

Have to say I'm very disappointed in Mr Craig & Ms Rule. "No roosters". Party poopers :127:

Mr McFadden's response is a classic.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

richardtaylor1973 wrote:I'd be particularly interested to know your thoughts on the example of waterfront development I sent.

I would be interested in that.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”