Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

bones1584
Posts: 14
Joined: Nov 13th, 2008, 9:40 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by bones1584 »

I am voting Walter because Sharon and her supports use dirty tactic. An example is Grama there and its personal attack on people who post here.

Thanks for making the decission easy

Did i mention that after Sharon adopted the OCP she put a road through a RDCO conservation area. :ohmygod:
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by grammafreddy »

bones1584 wrote:I am voting Walter because Sharon and her supports use dirty tactic. An example is Grama there and its personal attack on people who post here.

Thanks for making the decission easy

Did i mention that after Sharon adopted the OCP she put a road through a RDCO conservation area. :ohmygod:


Do you mean me? Am I the "Gramma" you are referring to?

I haven't used any dirty tactics so you probably mean someone else.

The city's OCP is for the city only and is a living document. The RDCO is another whole different thing. I highly doubt Sharon put a road through an RDCO conservation area without the approval of the RDCO and anyone else involved. I think you might want to check your facts. Which conservation area are you talking about?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
Concerned_Business_Owner
Posts: 25
Joined: Nov 15th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Concerned_Business_Owner »

I agree Bones.. Really its a free country and your vote is your choice. Just don't cram it down our throats Granny. :bump:
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by grammafreddy »

Concerned_Business_Owner wrote:I agree Bones.. Really its a free country and your vote is your choice. Just don't cram it down our throats Granny. :bump:


It absolutely is a free country and your vote is your choice. I haven't crammed anything down anyone's throat - but I have provided facts and history to counter the hysteria of the uninformed and misleading stuff some people post. I suppose some people might see that as dirty tactics if they are inclined to blindly support someone without any regard for truth. Again - your choice.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19311
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Lady tehMa »

Both sides have been quite petty and snarly.

I understand emotions run high when people have opinions, but there really is no cause for the examples of baser human nature that have been exposed in the election subforums. The lack of respect and decorum has been disappointing, and dare I say; depressing. :(
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 985
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Mtn Biker »

grammafreddy wrote:
Concerned_Business_Owner wrote:I agree Bones.. Really its a free country and your vote is your choice. Just don't cram it down our throats Granny. :bump:


It absolutely is a free country and your vote is your choice. I haven't crammed anything down anyone's throat - but I have provided facts and history to counter the hysteria of the uninformed and misleading stuff some people post. I suppose some people might see that as dirty tactics if they are inclined to blindly support someone without any regard for truth. Again - your choice.


Gramma don’t bite. There are two camps leading the way in this election. The one camp is standing up, answering every question, keeping the focus on decisions, discussion and actions . . . while the other camp uses Evangelistic fear mongering and unsubstantiated rhetoric to sway the gullible masses. The comments you are replying to are just another example of the lack of integrity coming from one camp and the tactics they employ because they have no plan or position, just an out of touch bored daddy with no day job.
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 985
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Mtn Biker »

Lady tehMa wrote:Both sides have been quite petty and snarly.

I understand emotions run high when people have opinions, but there really is no cause for the examples of baser human nature that have been exposed in the election subforums. The lack of respect and decorum has been disappointing, and dare I say; depressing. :(


I understand your point, but what I have been saying is we're just waiting for Mr Gray to actually answer the questions asked and stop the grand standing and just answer the questions. To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan? So the emotions are high because one camp is standing and being accountable and forthright, while the other is in full attack mode to deflect the listeners from the fact they have no policies or ideas to show they have a plan. And therein lies the difference and where the emotions come from.
User avatar
Lady tehMa
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19311
Joined: Aug 2nd, 2005, 3:51 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Lady tehMa »

Mtn Biker wrote:I understand your point, but what I have been saying is we're just waiting for Mr Gray to actually answer the questions asked and stop the grand standing and just answer the questions. To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan? So the emotions are high because one camp is standing and being accountable and forthright, while the other is in full attack mode to deflect the listeners from the fact they have no policies or ideas to show they have a plan. And therein lies the difference and where the emotions come from.


I appreciate you taking a moment to address my concerns. Thank you.
PLEASE use spellcheck. If that is too hard, consider installing the Grammarly (free!) app that will not only spellcheck for you (AND offer corrections!) but also make sure that your sentences are grammatically correct.

You're welcome.
EdCase
Board Meister
Posts: 416
Joined: Sep 16th, 2011, 11:16 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by EdCase »

grammafreddy wrote:It absolutely is a free country and your vote is your choice. I haven't crammed anything down anyone's throat - but I have provided facts and history to counter the hysteria of the uninformed and misleading stuff some people post. I suppose some people might see that as dirty tactics if they are inclined to blindly support someone without any regard for truth. Again - your choice.


GF; you should have learned by now that many people these days won't let facts and reality stand in the way of their ideology or opinions! But thanks for trying,

Ed
Takin it easy !
Übergod
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 3rd, 2008, 5:52 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Mtn Biker wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Both sides have been quite petty and snarly.

I understand emotions run high when people have opinions, but there really is no cause for the examples of baser human nature that have been exposed in the election subforums. The lack of respect and decorum has been disappointing, and dare I say; depressing. :(


I understand your point, but what I have been saying is we're just waiting for Mr Gray to actually answer the questions asked and stop the grand standing and just answer the questions. To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan? So the emotions are high because one camp is standing and being accountable and forthright, while the other is in full attack mode to deflect the listeners from the fact they have no policies or ideas to show they have a plan. And therein lies the difference and where the emotions come from.
I think you are right Biker Just like the Lady herself Sharons supporters have lots of passion and emotion.
Unlike Walters and Fourgreeds clan that are cold and calculating and really have nothing to say to the little guy just arrogant one liners in hopes of catching a few that are unaware of their master plan.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
Posts: 83264
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 9:19 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by oneh2obabe »

Mtn Biker wrote: To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan?

Perhaps Mr. Gray should have reviewed the BC Transit 25-year plan for various regions of the province before saying he'll fix it in the first 120 days. Would like to be a fly on the wall when he demands a meeting with transit and they blow him out of the water.

http://www.bctransit.com/transitfuture/ ... future.cfm
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
beachday
Posts: 43
Joined: Oct 16th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by beachday »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
Mtn Biker wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Both sides have been quite petty and snarly.

I understand emotions run high when people have opinions, but there really is no cause for the examples of baser human nature that have been exposed in the election subforums. The lack of respect and decorum has been disappointing, and dare I say; depressing. :(


I understand your point, but what I have been saying is we're just waiting for Mr Gray to actually answer the questions asked and stop the grand standing and just answer the questions. To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan? So the emotions are high because one camp is standing and being accountable and forthright, while the other is in full attack mode to deflect the listeners from the fact they have no policies or ideas to show they have a plan. And therein lies the difference and where the emotions come from.
I think you are right Biker Just like the Lady herself Sharons supporters have lots of passion and emotion.
Unlike Walters and Fourgreeds clan that are cold and calculating and really have nothing to say to the little guy just arrogant one liners in hopes of catching a few that are unaware of their master plan.


I am wondering (and please do not take this the wrong way anyone as I mean no disrespect and hope this does not come off that way) why do you all refer to yourselves as in some words "the little guy"? If you believe that than that is all you will ever be! Why not believe in yourself and not blame it on who is mayor and council? They can only do so much for citizens, the rest is up to you! :sunshine:
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by grammafreddy »

beachday wrote:
I am wondering (and please do not take this the wrong way anyone as I mean no disrespect and hope this does not come off that way) why do you all refer to yourselves as in some words "the little guy"? If you believe that than that is all you will ever be! Why not believe in yourself and not blame it on who is mayor and council? They can only do so much for citizens, the rest is up to you! :sunshine:


"The little guy" is a common phrase used to describe the average citizen as opposed to the elite or the privileged or upper crust, artsy, snooty, or wannabee wealthy group. It is commonly used for the low and middle income folks.

Some politicians are more supportive of the upper crust, elite style of governing and look down on "the little guy" and some are more supportive of "the little guy".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
Posts: 985
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Mtn Biker »

beachday wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:
Mtn Biker wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Both sides have been quite petty and snarly.

I understand emotions run high when people have opinions, but there really is no cause for the examples of baser human nature that have been exposed in the election subforums. The lack of respect and decorum has been disappointing, and dare I say; depressing. :(


I understand your point, but what I have been saying is we're just waiting for Mr Gray to actually answer the questions asked and stop the grand standing and just answer the questions. To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan? So the emotions are high because one camp is standing and being accountable and forthright, while the other is in full attack mode to deflect the listeners from the fact they have no policies or ideas to show they have a plan. And therein lies the difference and where the emotions come from.
I think you are right Biker Just like the Lady herself Sharons supporters have lots of passion and emotion.
Unlike Walters and Fourgreeds clan that are cold and calculating and really have nothing to say to the little guy just arrogant one liners in hopes of catching a few that are unaware of their master plan.


I am wondering (and please do not take this the wrong way anyone as I mean no disrespect and hope this does not come off that way) why do you all refer to yourselves as in some words "the little guy"? If you believe that than that is all you will ever be! Why not believe in yourself and not blame it on who is mayor and council? They can only do so much for citizens, the rest is up to you! :sunshine:



Oh pleeeezzzzeee . . . you're not serious? So you think by "little guy" we feel we don't have the self assertion or self-esteem to think for ourselves and we feel victims of council? That’s about as condescending as it gets. The little guy is the person who works for a living, maybe has children, a mortgage and wants to improve the quality of their life. We’re just the majority in this town, about 99K of us and if you're saying Wally is thinking about us during his election foray, we don’t. It certainly hasn't been demonstrated by any Wally's actions or comments.
Takin it easy !
Übergod
Posts: 1381
Joined: May 3rd, 2008, 5:52 am

Re: Why I'm voting for Walter Gray

Post by Takin it easy ! »

beachday wrote:
Takin it easy ! wrote:
Mtn Biker wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:Both sides have been quite petty and snarly.

I understand emotions run high when people have opinions, but there really is no cause for the examples of baser human nature that have been exposed in the election subforums. The lack of respect and decorum has been disappointing, and dare I say; depressing. :(


I understand your point, but what I have been saying is we're just waiting for Mr Gray to actually answer the questions asked and stop the grand standing and just answer the questions. To date Mr. Gray has not offered one idea or solution, he just makes comments like "I'll fix transit in the first 120 days" . . . ya really . . . how? What is your plan? So the emotions are high because one camp is standing and being accountable and forthright, while the other is in full attack mode to deflect the listeners from the fact they have no policies or ideas to show they have a plan. And therein lies the difference and where the emotions come from.
I think you are right Biker Just like the Lady herself Sharons supporters have lots of passion and emotion.
Unlike Walters and Fourgreeds clan that are cold and calculating and really have nothing to say to the little guy just arrogant one liners in hopes of catching a few that are unaware of their master plan.


I am wondering (and please do not take this the wrong way anyone as I mean no disrespect and hope this does not come off that way) why do you all refer to yourselves as in some words "the little guy"? If you believe that than that is all you will ever be! Why not believe in yourself and not blame it on who is mayor and council? They can only do so much for citizens, the rest is up to you! :sunshine:
By using the term little guy IMO thats the way the players IE:FourChange and Walter see everyone else thats does not belong to their inner circle.
I agree with you everyone aspires to or should aspire too improving ones self but not on the backs of others for greeds sake.
Also beachday you seem like you have great aspirations but do you really think they will let you join the club ?
Thats the reason one should be careful who they pick here for Mayor and Council and we should avoid the old boys club as much as possible and believe me they have no interest in our City and citizens(the little guy) other that how much they can bank.
Last edited by Takin it easy ! on Nov 17th, 2011, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”