Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

Kathy73

Re: Why I Am NOT Voting for Sharon

Post by Kathy73 »

I sure miss the old City of kelowna Logo. The one with the Sails. Why did the current Council spent so much money, changing the Logo? That was not a very responsible thing to do with tax payers money. No one asked for a new logo. Lets focus on real issues! Homelessness, Crime and fueling our economy.
Elect Walter Gray for Mayor.

Watch this!
http://electwaltergrayformayor.com/vision/
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

Just a quick question Kathy do you think that FourChange and Walter will let you join the inner circle ?
Do you aspire too becoming a member of Kelowna's royal family ?
Sorry that was 2 questions now check with the steering crew for an answer !
papafreddy

Post by papafreddy »

Kathy73 wrote:I sure miss the old City of kelowna Logo. The one with the Sails. Why did the current Council spent so much money, changing the Logo? That was not a very responsible thing to do with tax payers money. No one asked for a new logo. Lets focus on real issues! Homelessness, Crime and fueling our economy.

Watch this!

Right on Kathy! We need to have a Mayor that understands working within budgets. We cant keep wasting time with useless committees on every issues. Sharon has a very bad track record while being our Mayor. More Crime, more homeless people, worse economy. WE ARE NOT OPEN FOR BUSINESS! She thinks the downtown is just fine? Even the current Council do not get along very well or respect one another. Many people I have talked to said they were Sharon supporters before, but now they back Walter Gray! Sharon is talking about changing the logo again! Say What? Could you imagine what it would cost to change the LOGO back again? Make a decision Sharon and own it! I loved Walter Grays view. He liked the old logo when he was Mayor but then it was changed. He does not like it but we should just live with it - its not the time in the current economy to waste time and money of changing a Logo, then changing it again! My god this makes my head spin. :ohmygod:

Sharon's old Campaign manger is backing Walter Gray. He endorsed Walter in the Courier today. He said apparently he was so upset the way things have been running the last few terms, he now backs Gray!!! WOW that speaks volumes!
Takin it easy !
Übergod

papafreddy wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:I sure miss the old City of kelowna Logo. The one with the Sails. Why did the current Council spent so much money, changing the Logo? That was not a very responsible thing to do with tax payers money. No one asked for a new logo. Lets focus on real issues! Homelessness, Crime and fueling our economy.

Watch this!

Right on Kathy! We need to have a Mayor that understands working within budgets. We cant keep wasting time with useless committees on every issues. Sharon has a very bad track record while being our Mayor. More Crime, more homeless people, worse economy. WE ARE NOT OPEN FOR BUSINESS! She thinks the downtown is just fine? Even the current Council do not get along very well or respect one another. Many people I have talked to said they were Sharon supporters before, but now they back Walter Gray! Sharon is talking about changing the logo again! Say What? Could you imagine what it would cost to change the LOGO back again? Make a decision Sharon and own it! I loved Walter Grays view. He liked the old logo when he was Mayor but then it was changed. He does not like it but we should just live with it - its not the time in the current economy to waste time and money of changing a Logo, then changing it again! My god this makes my head spin. :ohmygod:

Sharon's old Campaign manger is backing Walter Gray. He endorsed Walter in the Courier today. He said apparently he was so upset the way things have been running the last few terms, he now backs Gray!!! WOW that speaks volumes!
Hmmmmmm ? Just need a few more posts to pinpoint if you are Walter or one of the other FourChange gang pappafreddy !
kelowna_lawyers

Post by kelowna_lawyers »

Current Mayor Sharon Shepherd simply can't make a powerful decision. I know both Walter Gray and Sharon Shepherd, I have worked with both in recent years. Sharon will never make an executive decision on her own, NEVER and lives in constant fear of making a move on her own, she is NOT a leader. She will always take an evasive action. I hope people read the issues and make an educated vote on election day. This is the most important election in recent years and I will NOT be voting for Sharon Shepherd. She must go! - Walter Gray You go Buddy! TKO
A lawyer who does not know men is handicapped. ~ William Dunbar
EdCase
Board Meister

Post by EdCase »

kelowna_lawyers wrote:Current Mayor Sharon Shepherd simply can't make a powerful decision. I know both Walter Gray and Sharon Shepherd, I have worked with both in recent years. Sharon will never make an executive decision on her own, NEVER and lives in constant fear of making a move on her own, she is NOT a leader. She will always take an evasive action. I hope people read the issues and make an educated vote on election day. This is the most important election in recent years and I will NOT be voting for Sharon Shepherd. She must go! - Walter Gray You go Buddy! TKO

Look at the source: lots of fat fees to be earned on dubious real estate deals!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane
Marcus Aurelius
Joe T

Post by Joe T »

OMG Ed- you thinks lawyers only make money on real estate? probably they make more money on the crime riddled down town than real estate. I would say that improving the business and development sector which Walter is focused on would be a few bucks now for the lawyers- but driving crime out will reduce their bottom lines in the end. you want the crime riddled downtown unchanged- then vote Sharon for crying out loud!
Takin it easy !
Übergod

kelowna_lawyers wrote:Current Mayor Sharon Shepherd simply can't make a powerful decision. I know both Walter Gray and Sharon Shepherd, I have worked with both in recent years. Sharon will never make an executive decision on her own, NEVER and lives in constant fear of making a move on her own, she is NOT a leader. She will always take an evasive action. I hope people read the issues and make an educated vote on election day. This is the most important election in recent years and I will NOT be voting for Sharon Shepherd. She must go! - Walter Gray You go Buddy! TKO
Thats quite the handle kelowna_lawyers sounds like you represent all of them !
But that cant be the case there are actually a few smart ones in town and their voting for Sharon and Kelowna's future not some get rich quick bunch with Walter as figure head !
kelowna_lawyers

Post by kelowna_lawyers »

I am not a Real Estate Lawyer, and also happen to be gay! It is a shame that a smear campaign has been attempted by a small few against Walter as I can assure you IT IS NOT the view of the community. Walter is as trusted as they come and has the votes of the majority. Walter Gray will be Kelowna's next mayor this is certain.
A lawyer who does not know men is handicapped. ~ William Dunbar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I pray you are wrong.

I've never seen a more pompous, snob driven man in all my life. And I have been here under both mayors, Vote Shepard!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

I will also be Voting for Walter Gray, he is a Great Mayor! I just wish I could vote twice!! :nyah:

-Bryan
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

I too am voting for Walter Gray. We need leadership, decisions and jobs!

I have been sitting reading all these posts over the last few days and the B.S. I keep reading has forced me to post this.

ELECT WALTER GRAY NOVEMBER 19th!
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

That's kind of my sentiments about her. She's a very pleasant person, and a hard worker. But not a leader by any means. And can't make a tough decision to save her life.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
chloeskates

Post by chloeskates »

justlooking4work wrote:I will also be Voting for Walter Gray, he is a Great Mayor! I just wish I could vote twice!! :nyah:

-Bryan

LOL- you're very funny- I enjoy the sarcasm. Walter Gray was a horrible mayor- crime soared, inappropriate development was passed all over, infrastructure and social issues were ignored, he made derogatory comments towards gay people, the homeless, and women, was lazy and extremely arrogant. And no- the man can't be trusted- he's a puppet for the development community and only has his own (and his few friends) interests at heart. Walter Gray a great mayor- ha- too funny.
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

Captain Awesome wrote:

That's kind of my sentiments about her. She's a very pleasant person, and a hard worker. But not a leader by any means. And can't make a tough decision to save her life.

I'm not sure about that. I think that opinion has more to do with her quiet demeanor than any actual inability.
I just fear Walter Gray coming back. He's largely the reason why the cost of living soared having been a large proponent of developer's paying to not have to build a set amount of low income housing (IIRC). And that has now become the norm.

Again, I'd like another person to be mayor, but with this slate of candidates, I can't in good conscience vote anyone BUT Sharon.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”