Castanet's Live Forum!

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: Castanet's Live Forum!

Post by grammafreddy »

I don't fault him on his sense of humour. He did address the issues and he did not try to dominate the evening like Walter did.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Bellevuejim wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Bellevuejim wrote:I think Cal got lost on his way to the grade 3 class president debate

...slash amateur comedian hour.

Yeah, what was with that "I'm a funny guy" spiel?

Well, "300 people showed up and 305 wanted the park" bit was kinda funny.

But otherwise was simply pathetic.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Well, "300 people showed up and 305 wanted the park" bit was kinda funny.

But otherwise was simply pathetic.

Yeah, I laughed at that one, too.

He does have a quick mind. I wish he was running for a councillor's seat, not the big chair. I think he cares - a lot - but I don't think he is mayor material YET.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

Thought they were going to have a link to watch the debate over?? Anyone find it?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Kenyo wrote:Thought they were going to have a link to watch the debate over?? Anyone find it?

It was on CNet's home page. Did you miss it? It will be up on YT tomorrow.

Ken7
Guru

Post by Ken7 »

grammafreddy wrote:
Kenyo wrote:Thought they were going to have a link to watch the debate over?? Anyone find it?

It was on CNet's home page. Did you miss it? It will be up on YT tomorrow.

Just caught the last two questions and the closing. I didnt think Shepherd did well. She doesnt impress me much as a public speaker, I further watch counsel meetings and it is poor to say the least!!

Lastly, whats this if you are running for mayor, why are you not at the debate...wow, stroke that one off as no votes!
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Glacier »

Before making fun of Cal, remember Rick Perry is running for president of the most powerful country on earth. I have not seen tonight's forum, but surely Cal's gaffes couldn't be as bad as Perry's mess-up last night?
The worst part about a 7 day lockdown is the first 4 months.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Glacier wrote:Before making fun of Cal, remember Rick Perry is running for president of the most powerful country on earth. I have not seen tonight's forum, but surely Cal's gaffes couldn't be as bad as Perry's mess-up last night?

Brain freeze would have served him better tonight. But maybe we should talk about this in the chambers instead of typing on this forum! (need to watch the forum to get it lol)
Last edited by Bellevuejim on Nov 10th, 2011, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Kenyo wrote:______________________________________________

Just caught the last two questions and the closing. I didnt think Shepherd did well. She doesnt impress me much as a public speaker, I further watch counsel meetings and it is poor to say the least!!

Lastly, whats this if you are running for mayor, why are you not at the debate...wow, stroke that one off as no votes!

Actually, I think Sharon did really well and certainly looked better than Walter Gray did with his constant hogging. He had trouble with a "park or development?" question on the Cedar project. Everyone else said one word (they all said park) and he launched into some big long stream of words on it. Sharon (from what I recall) then added after that she had abstained from the vote due to a conflict of interest - which is exactly what she should have done.

Maybe "yes or no" questions are too difficult.

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Glacier wrote:Before making fun of Cal, remember Rick Perry is running for president of the most powerful country on earth. I have not seen tonight's forum, but surely Cal's gaffes couldn't be as bad as Perry's mess-up last night?

I missed that - got a link?

oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

grammafreddy wrote:I missed that - got a link?

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... fe-111110/
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
sbeecher10

Post by sbeecher10 »

My highlights:

1) Walter Gray saying he's attended a number of gay pride events- never happened- have never seen him (again- liar anyone?). And that he would still have to discriminate if he signed proclamations- but would he sign them? or wouldn't he? It's always so clear with Walter...

2) Him dancing around the fact he would develop the Cedar project- or would he?- or wouldn't he?

3) Him saying 'carington houses' AGAIN- Cardington Apartments Mr. Gray- how could no one have corrected you on that from your camp after the first time?

4) Him having no idea what he was talking about regarding substance use issues. Again.

5) Shutting down Cal because he was satisfied with the responses and it was time to move on.

6) Watching Walter flustered- it's quite the thing- hands start going, face turns red, eyes get panicky...
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

sbeecher10 wrote:My highlights:

1) Walter Gray saying he's attended a number of gay pride events- never happened- have never seen him (again- liar anyone?). And that he would still have to discriminate if he signed proclamations- but would he sign them? or wouldn't he? It's always so clear with Walter...

2) Him dancing around the fact he would develop the Cedar project- or would he?- or wouldn't he?

3) Him saying 'carington houses' AGAIN- Cardington Apartments Mr. Gray- how could no one have corrected you on that from your camp after the first time?

4) Him having no idea what he was talking about regarding substance use issues. Again.

5) Shutting down Cal because he was satisfied with the responses and it was time to move on.

6) Watching Walter flustered- it's quite the thing- hands start going, face turns red, eyes get panicky...

You're gonna be *bleep* when he gets elected....
sbeecher10

Post by sbeecher10 »

You bet I would be. I don't think it's going to happen- I truly believe the socially aware community is much larger than the 4change/Walter groupies in size so if people vote, it shouldn't be a problem. But you better believe I'd be *bleep* if that guy gets back in- simply on the fact he discriminates (openly) about segments of the population- and he's arrogant, patronizing, and really not well-informed. If he and 4change do take control of the city- see ya later- I see no reason to stick it out and watch Kelowna go backwards once again.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Unfortunatly for you, this is kelowna. 95% of the population doesn't care about any of the points you mentioned. I also think That most people think that the anti gay thing has been beat to death...who cares what the mayor thinks about gays. It's his business. Proclamations mean nothing anyway. Don't let one man's views bother you...
Last edited by Bellevuejim on Nov 10th, 2011, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”