Conflict of interest with Fire Dept?

Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Conflict of interest with Fire Dept?

Post by Nebula »

Nothing to be shocked about and nothing shady about it.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

justlooking4work wrote:What happened was all the Firefighters paid money to one retired firefighter. He then handed that one check to Sharon. It's common knowledge and we are all SHOCKED. it's a very sneaky pre-meditated shady move.

That's the REAL FACTS!!

You seriously can't even begin to condone this type of action? Obviously you're from camp Sharon and are blinded by the lies.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

justlooking4work wrote:You seriously can't even begin to condone this type of action? Obviously you're from camp Sharon and are blinded by the lies.

So the firefighters themselves are not allowed to voice support for anybody? Do you think we should bar them from voting, as well?
Last edited by 36Drew on Nov 18th, 2011, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

justlooking4work wrote:What happened was all the Firefighters paid money to one retired firefighter. He then handed that one check to Sharon. It's common knowledge and we are all SHOCKED. it's a very sneaky pre-meditated shady move.

That's the REAL FACTS!!

Those are NOT the real facts. Why do you persist in your smear campaign? Why can't you provide support FOR your candidate instead of this barrage of garbage you're spewing? Is there nothing positive you can say in support of your candidate that's based on truth and facts?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

justlooking4work wrote:You seriously can't even begin to condone this type of action? Obviously you're from camp Sharon and are blinded by the lies.

I am from no camp. I do not live in Kelowna and will not be voting in the Kelowna election.

I also stand by previous statement. There is nothing shady about it and nothing to get all worked up over. Candidates are allowed to accept donations from pretty much whomever they want. And they don't have to tell anyone about it until three months after the election.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
justlooking4work

Post by justlooking4work »

Well at least you both agree it's a conflict of interest.
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

This whole thing is getting stupider and stupider. The story keeps on changing. If in fact it was a bunch of firefighters donating the money, they would have been wiser to donate $99.99 each on an anonymous basis and then it wouldn't be an issue.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

justlooking4work wrote:Well at least you both agree it's a conflict of interest.

I do not know who the above was targeted at, but there is no conflict of interest.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

justlooking4work wrote:Well at least you both agree it's a conflict of interest.

Why do you persist in your smear campaign? Why can't you provide support FOR your candidate instead of this barrage of garbage you're spewing? Is there nothing positive you can say in support of your candidate that's based on truth and facts?
__________________________________________________________________________________________

chrismonroe

Post by chrismonroe »

Just for the record, i don't like either "top" prospect but i don't see the conspiracy theory here.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Shepherd puts an end to 'Cheque-Gate'
by Wayne Moore - Story: 67463
Nov 18, 2011 / 1:33 pm

The cheque is in the mail.

Kelowna Mayor, Sharon Shepherd, has put an end to a controversy over campaign contributions by returning a $500 donation from retired fire fighter Harold Heyming.

Heyming, who is working on Shepherd's re-election campaign, made the donation after Shepherd returned a similar contribution from the Kelowna Professional Fire Fighters Association.

The association, which supports the mayor, made similar contributions to her campaign in 2005 and 2008 as well. In both cases, the cheques were returned with thanks.

In this instance, Shepherd says she decided to return the cheque after the association confirmed in a public letter of support Thursday that it had reimbursed Heyming for his contribution.

"It's just not worth it," says Shepherd of the flack she has been taking from come from some members of the community after she admitted accepting the donation during an all-candidates forum Tuesday night.

Shepherd reiterated she was not required to divulge any contributions until financial statements are required in the middle of March and also finds it curious that she was the only candidate who was asked to provide that information.

She also finds it curious that the donation would become a hot issue while the fact that a councillor (Andre Blanleil) was not questioned about remaining in his seat when his brother (former Fire Chief Rene Blanleil) addressed couincil.
If you see nothing wrong with it why return it?
Why not stand your ground on a tough issue?
once again wishy washy at best.
Now that's leadership.! :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Nov 18th, 2011, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Benzi

Re: "Shepard Conflict of interest with Fire Dept"

Post by Benzi »

thefacts wrote:
Benzi wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:She said she only accepted funds from family and very close friends. Well I guess the Fire fighters are close friends since she got them a big pay raise. :) Obviously she will score big with all the Fire Fighter Union Votes too.

Your not very well informed are you? Did you post this everywhere? It's the third time in 2 minutes I've read your same BS. Sharon got a donation from RETIRED FIREMAN not the Fireman's Union. The firemans Union did offer her a $500.00 donation to her campain, she returned it. Walter Gray is being supporting by the 4 org. group, oh I guess that's different since that self interest group is behind the scenes. Really are you silly enough to think they don't have an agenda?

Benzi... why did Sharon not answer the question that way? Hmm......
kelownaobserver

Post by kelownaobserver »

This is a P.R. nightmare that went totally wrong. It's a known fact that other unions donate to candidates that support their cause. These unions do not make a big deal about it ... But not the firefighters here in Kelowna. This retired firefighter should really get a life ... Nothing wrong with helping out with a candidate you personally endorse ... But leave the rest at the fire hall ... You know longer work there ... I will take great offense as a taxpayer that if Mayor Shepherd wins the mayors seat again if members of the fire department show up wearing their official fire uniform to the after party ... If they want to wear their fire insignia ball caps and t shirts fine but not the uniform that I helped pay for as a taxpayer
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

flyerfan2 wrote: If you see nothing wrong with it why return it?
Now that's leadership.!

Why do you persist in your smear campaign? Why can't you provide support FOR your candidate instead of this barrage of garbage you're spewing? Is there nothing positive you can say in support of your candidate that's based on truth and facts?

dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

grammafreddy wrote:
flyerfan2 wrote: If you see nothing wrong with it why return it?
Now that's leadership.!

What smear ? the facts are there.

Sharron only returned money she saw nothing wrong with accepting until it came to lite in the public.

Again why doesn't she stand her ground?

Why flip flop on something you see nothing wrong with?

Not a ringing endorsement for fighting for what you believe in is it.
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”