Conflict of interest with Fire Dept?

kelownasenior1942

Re: Conflict of interest with Fire Dept?

Post by kelownasenior1942 »

thefacts wrote:I will say it again..

If the cheque was from a retired citiizen.. why did she not say that when she was live on the radio.

Sharon said YES to the question "did you receive a campaign donation from the Fire Department". That was her response....

Now all of a sudden she returned the cheque and a retired fireman gave her the money.. WHY.. because she was called out on the issue and is now doing damage control.

Yes that sounds right. I recall what she said on the radio on CKOV.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

kelownasenior1942 wrote:

If the cheque was from a retired citiizen.. why did she not say that when she was live on the radio.

Sharon said YES to the question "did you receive a campaign donation from the Fire Department". That was her response....

Now all of a sudden she returned the cheque and a retired fireman gave her the money.. WHY.. because she was called out on the issue and is now doing damage control.

It was on AM 1150.. CKOV is gone we only have the one AM radio station left in town. If she had really sent the cheque back she would have said that.
kelownasenior1942

thefacts wrote:
kelownasenior1942 wrote:

It was on AM 1150.. CKOV is gone we only have the one AM radio station left in town. If she had really sent the cheque back she would have said that.

I think that is sort of her nail in the coffin on any aspirations to get re-elected. The week prior she said she would not accept contributions from any party that stands before Council. So I guess she feels its okay to lie.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

Further.... I have a friend that is a firefighter.... he said WE (all firefighters) are told to support Sharon because she supports us. When I asked what does that mean... he said she supports our pay raises. HUGE conflict here!!!!!....

And again... LIVE on the radio Sharon said the "Fire Department supported her campaign". She did not say a member of the fire department, or a retired fireman or that she returned a cheque to them.... the story is now changing.. wonder why!
Benzi

Re: "Shepard Conflict of interest with Fire Dept"

Post by Benzi »

Kathy73 wrote:She said she only accepted funds from family and very close friends. Well I guess the Fire fighters are close friends since she got them a big pay raise. :) Obviously she will score big with all the Fire Fighter Union Votes too.

Your not very well informed are you? Did you post this everywhere? It's the third time in 2 minutes I've read your same BS. Sharon got a donation from RETIRED FIREMAN not the Fireman's Union. The firemans Union did offer her a $500.00 donation to her campain, she returned it. Walter Gray is being supporting by the 4 org. group, oh I guess that's different since that self interest group is behind the scenes. Really are you silly enough to think they don't have an agenda?
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

kelownasenior1942 wrote:
thefacts wrote:
kelownasenior1942 wrote:

I think that is sort of her nail in the coffin on any aspirations to get re-elected. The week prior she said she would not accept contributions from any party that stands before Council. So I guess she feels its okay to lie.

Right, like Walter hasn't?
Seriously, the number of people who seem to be sticking their head in the sand and supporting Walter Gray is getting to alarming proportions. Do we really have memories that short? Are we really going to elect someone who hasn't offered ONE concrete plan for something? Who only touts non-specific "I can do better" and "this person is bad for no reason that I can think of"

I'm amazed at the number of people falling hook, line and sinker for this. We had Walter Gray already, and it was bad. Why do people want to do that to themselves again?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. I hope Kelowna's residents don't turn out to be insane. When Sharon gets a real competitor, who we haven't turfed out of office once already, THEN I'll change me vote.
thefacts

Re: "Shepard Conflict of interest with Fire Dept"

Post by thefacts »

Benzi wrote:
Kathy73 wrote:She said she only accepted funds from family and very close friends. Well I guess the Fire fighters are close friends since she got them a big pay raise. :) Obviously she will score big with all the Fire Fighter Union Votes too.

Your not very well informed are you? Did you post this everywhere? It's the third time in 2 minutes I've read your same BS. Sharon got a donation from RETIRED FIREMAN not the Fireman's Union. The firemans Union did offer her a $500.00 donation to her campain, she returned it. Walter Gray is being supporting by the 4 org. group, oh I guess that's different since that self interest group is behind the scenes. Really are you silly enough to think they don't have an agenda?

Benzi... why did Sharon not answer the question that way? Hmm......
rutland1
Board Meister

Post by rutland1 »

Walter is getting desperate now and appears to be running a smear campaign now against his opposition.
kelownasenior1942

rutland1 wrote:Walter is getting desperate now and appears to be running a smear campaign now against his opposition.

Very untrue, its actually the opposite from my observation. The Sharon group started the anti Walter stuff in here. From what I can see is Walters supporters are just here to now defend him as they got tired of the BS. You think MTN Biker has tact? Singing hatred poems etc in here?
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

rutland1 wrote:Walter is getting desperate now and appears to be running a smear campaign now against his opposition.

I support Walter.... he should be our next Mayor. Why is stating the facts of what I feel a smear campaign? Have you not read all the posts and such that talk about Walter and much of it is so not true I was forced to open an account a few days back to defend Walter.

And.. I have not been rude, I have not written stupid poems, I have not called Sharon anything bad except perhaps a poor leader.

Get your head out of the sand... at least my posts are respectful and honest.
Takin it easy !
Übergod

Post by Takin it easy ! »

thefacts wrote:Further.... I have a friend that is a firefighter.... he said WE (all firefighters) are told to support Sharon because she supports us. When I asked what does that mean... he said she supports our pay raises. HUGE conflict here!!!!!....

And again... LIVE on the radio Sharon said the "Fire Department supported her campaign". She did not say a member of the fire department, or a retired fireman or that she returned a cheque to them.... the story is now changing.. wonder why!
I have several friends that are firefighters and they support Sharon as well ! (at the polls)
further to that if firefighters retired or active want to donate personally too a worthwhile cause then that is their business !
Also sharon sees the value of these men and women that put their lives on the line for us.
Much better value for the City of Kelowna and its citizens than some rich developer dont you think ?
What conflict you better get "thefacts"straight ! :skyisfalling:
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

ok, I have read the article and the posts.. seems clear he said he cut her the cheque and was going to collect the money from the firefighters. Have a I missed something?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

Takin it easy ! wrote:
thefacts wrote:Further.... I have a friend that is a firefighter.... he said WE (all firefighters) are told to support Sharon because she supports us. When I asked what does that mean... he said she supports our pay raises. HUGE conflict here!!!!!....

I have several friends that are firefighters and they support Sharon as well ! (at the polls)
further to that if firefighters retired or active want to donate personally too a worthwhile cause then that is their business !
Also sharon sees the value of these men and women that put their lives on the line for us.
Much better value for the City of Kelowna and its citizens than some rich developer dont you think ?
What conflict you better get "thefacts"straight ! :skyisfalling:

Sharon firstly lied. She said she would not take any money from anyone that stands before Council. (Only family and friends) Then when asked if she accepted money from the Kelowna Fire Dept. She did not correct them. End of story. She replied, yes I did, $500.00. So she lied. Cant trust her now, sorry. That sealed her fate. Also the fact that she gave them a raise, that doesn't sit well with me. She also now counts on their votes to win. Walter at least is open about his donations. He has not lied about them. Don't think you can fuel an economy without some development? That's part of the reason is in such bad shape.
Last edited by Kathy73 on Nov 17th, 2011, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thefacts

Post by thefacts »

normaM wrote:ok, I have read the article and the posts.. seems clear he said he cut her the cheque and was going to collect the money from the firefighters. Have a I missed something?

Listen to the live radio feed to hear what she said... the story and where the money is coming from has changed. Thats the issue I have.
Kathy73

Post by Kathy73 »

thefacts wrote:
normaM wrote:ok, I have read the article and the posts.. seems clear he said he cut her the cheque and was going to collect the money from the firefighters. Have a I missed something?

Listen to the live radio feed to hear what she said... the story and where the money is coming from has changed. Thats the issue I have.

I actually have the recording from the forum.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”