Chung Comes Clean

logicalview
Guru

Chung Comes Clean

Post by logicalview »

What a disaster.

Filing nomination papers...

Answering the BIG questions...

Chung spent 30 minutes with Castanet senior reporter, Kelly Hayes Wednesday morning, answering questions about his involvement with Business In Motion, a purported pyramid scheme, the illegal suite he built in his home, an investigation by the B.C. Securities Commission and a long string of credit card debt and foreclosures.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Re: Chung Comes Clean

Post by logicalview »

Ken, lets talk about Business in Motion.

"After I was involved I had introduced people to the business they made the choice to buy packages and such, so it was up to them. Everybody had done their own thing."

"Introduced people" to the business? Is that kind of like a salesman?

Business in Motion had virtually no real customers. Its “salespeople” bought the “product,” a bogus and absurdly priced travel discount program. But, because the money was transferred through “product purchases”, rather than through the blatant payment of pyramid “fees”, the Canadian government treated it as a legitimate “sales” business. The fig leaf of “sales” was allowed to cover over pyramid recruitment, the true basis of the business. In fact, the only way to gain money in BIM is not from sales, but from recruiting more “salespeople” in an “endless chain.”

How many people did you introduce to the business Ken?

Chung admits that he was a part of the business and introduced 20 to 30 people to it.

Did you "introduce" any doctors, lawyers, dentists or retired RCMP officers?

Oh wait. "They" introduced you to it.

As for Business In Motion (BIM), Chung says he was introduced to the scheme by people in the community he says he has the utmost respect for.

He says when doctors, lawyers, dentists and even a retired RCMP officer say something is worth looking at, you do.

Once a lawyer explained what makes a multi-level marketing company a pyramid scheme, Chung says he was in favour of creating a class action lawsuit against the company.

Did he explain how much jail time you may face?

CRIMINAL CODE OF CANADA
206. (1) Every one is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years who
(e) conducts… any scheme… by which any person, on payment of any sum of money… shall become entitled under the scheme… to receive from the person conducting … the scheme… a larger sum of money … than the … amount paid … by reason of the fact that other persons have paid … money … under the scheme.
Not afraid to say "It".
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

Told ya so....

glad the truth came out. He is still very much involved in these MLM schemes though...I have a friend that was involved. He preys on the...let's just say...less intelligent people. I think he was selling free TV or something silly like that.

I think his fate has been sealed, even before this stuff came out. Sharon and Walter have always been the only serious contenders.
I dunno
Fledgling

Post by I dunno »

I am surprised it took this long for his dirty laundry to come out in the press, even though it wasn't a real secret. In his interview, he said he would take the high road and not dish out any of the dirt that has been passed on to him about Sharon and Walter. I too find it interesting it came out today because if there was any dirt on the other two, there wouldn't be enough time to dig into it more before the Saturday election day. Or am I paranoid?
Dylby

Post by Dylby »

tsk, tsk, tsk....shame on you people for slinging mud at Ken. The only reason you're doing it is because he's "gaining ground" :dyinglaughing:

Perhaps someone should ask him about Dresdner Financial and the 44 Magnum pyramid/ponzi scam. Investing in that was his best advice in April 2010. Doesn't look like he's learned his lesson.

If you have an issue with Ken you just need to talk to him. Don't ask any tough questions though because he might think you're attacking him and walk out of your meeting......(personal experience)
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

logicalview wrote:Did he explain how much jail time you may face?

CRIMINAL CODE OF CANADA
206. (1) Every one is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years who
(e) conducts… any scheme… by which any person, on payment of any sum of money… shall become entitled under the scheme… to receive from the person conducting … the scheme… a larger sum of money … than the … amount paid … by reason of the fact that other persons have paid … money … under the scheme.

He wouldn't face any. Anybody involved would be considered a victim (unless you started it).
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

The last real job he had was at superpages which must have been almost 10 years ago. How can he think he would ever become mayor without the past 10 years of shady business dealings coming out.

I actually feel bad for the guy.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

I am actually surprise that castanet hasnt shut this thread down.....guess thats why i am not a lawyer :127:
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

All posts have stated facts. Most acknowledged by him in his interview. No slanderous remarks that I can see.

Like I said, I actually feel bad for the guy.
knowledgeisking

Post by knowledgeisking »

Some of the issues are bad luck, some are bad decisions but I don't believe Chung is a bad guy.

Comparing personal financial troubles with the ability to run a council is sleazy. Real nice Kelly Hayes, real nice.

I hope if you get drunk and have an unfortunate night with a goat the pictures get plastered all over the Internet.

Unfortunately Chung's campaign died today
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

knowledgeisking wrote:

Did he withdraw?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bellevuejim
Fledgling

Post by Bellevuejim »

knowledgeisking wrote:Some of the issues are bad luck, some are bad decisions but I don't believe Chung is a bad guy.

Comparing personal financial troubles with the ability to run a council is sleazy. Real nice Kelly Hayes, real nice.

I hope if you get drunk and have an unfortunate night with a goat the pictures get plastered all over the Internet.

Chung had no hope long before today's revelations. To say that he is not a bad guy is an insult to all that he has scammed over the years.
knowledgeisking

Post by knowledgeisking »

Bellevuejim wrote:
knowledgeisking wrote:Some of the issues are bad luck, some are bad decisions but I don't believe Chung is a bad guy.

Chung had no hope long before today's revelations. To say that he is not a bad guy is an insult to all that he has scammed over the years.

If he scammed people I'm not aware, I know nothing about the guy other than listening to him here and on the radio. He sounds like a decent guy, but who knows
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
laurensawyer
Board Meister

Post by laurensawyer »

WOW!!!! is all i have to say about this interview. Kelly you really dig deep and borderline ignorance.....BUT I LOVE IT!!!! Chung i do not understand how you can go from owning "120 properties across the country", which by the way i highly doubt, one minute to from what i can gather 3 years later not even being able to pay the interest on your credit card and having to build an illegal suite to pay your mortgage. This has SCHMUCK written all over it. Great investigating Kelly, you should apply for the RCMP.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Captain Awesome wrote:
logicalview wrote:Did he explain how much jail time you may face?

He wouldn't face any. Anybody involved would be considered a victim (unless you started it).

Not true. Ignorance of the law is not a defense. You can't say, oh I thought it was legal, so therefore you can't go after me because I got 20 other people involved.

The problem is that thousands of people got suckered into BIM and suckered others. The courts would get bogged down with endless cases of greedy people who couldn't see the pyramid scheme staring them in the face.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”