Chung Comes Clean

Carmencat
Übergod

Re: Chung Comes Clean

Post by Carmencat »

Wow, it is too bad that this didn't all come to light before Chung had his hour on Phil's show this morning. Or better yet too bad Kelly Hayes didn't interview Chung on 1150AM instead of Johnson.

I wonder if the people who called in and said they had already voted for Chung are regretting voting early. One man said he liked Chung because he has a nice smile; a lady liked him because he has a firm handshake. I wonder if those reasons would still be good enough to get their vote?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Yeah, I heard that, too. I guess sometimes voting early isn't such a great idea.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SoyChai
Fledgling

Post by SoyChai »

knowledgeisking wrote:Some of the issues are bad luck, some are bad decisions but I don't believe Chung is a bad guy.

Comparing personal financial troubles with the ability to run a council is sleazy. Real nice Kelly Hayes, real nice.

I hope if you get drunk and have an unfortunate night with a goat the pictures get plastered all over the Internet.

Unfortunately Chung's campaign died today

How is comparing his financial past to running council sleazy? I think it speaks volumes about the way Ken does business, his integrity and his decision making capabilities. If there is anything sleazy, it's Ken's history. I wasn't giving my vote to Ken anyways, but I would NEVER vote someone with his past in. I want a leader who's history shows a track record of making good decisions and shows some promise for good fiscal responsibility. MLM's always seem to draw people who love a get-rich-quick dream...and let's be honest, these people are not who I want running my city.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

What I would like to know is how all this came to the surface at this time in the game? Which campaign camp is doing the digging and presenting their findings? That would be an interesting thing to know.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Mtn Biker wrote:What I would like to know is how all this came to the surface at this time in the game? Which campaign camp is doing the digging and presenting their findings? That would be an interesting thing to know.

My thoughts, too.

I suspect 4C had something to do with it. Ken was making a good showing and there was a chance votes could split and he could have waltzed up the middle of the split and taken the mayor's seat. We know 4C isn't supporting Sharon so ....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Mtn Biker wrote:What I would like to know is how all this came to the surface at this time in the game? Which campaign camp is doing the digging and presenting their findings? That would be an interesting thing to know.

Pretty typical of political races. All parties do it. The electorate have fairly short memories, so timing is indeed everything.

For me, regardless of the timing and who dug it up (I suspect Blaine Gaffney, the Undisputed King of Diggers!), there's no way in H E double-hockey sticks that I'd open the municipal cookie jar to someone with such a questionable track record on finances.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Dylby

Post by Dylby »

At what point would it have been appropriate to surface? Perhaps it's joe public who has had dealings with the man and are sharing what they know.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Nebula wrote:The problem is that thousands of people got suckered into BIM and suckered others. The courts would get bogged down with endless cases of greedy people who couldn't see the pyramid scheme staring them in the face.

Let's be realistic, Nebula.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “C.E. Kelowna”