de Jong subliminal Conservative

masen
Fledgling

de Jong subliminal Conservative

Post by masen »

Rick de Jong's signs in the upcoming election are using the same designed C as the Conservative Party. Is this on purpose or is this part of his election platform? So are the Conservatives running a council candidate?
F1B

Re: de Jong subliminal Conservative

Post by F1B »

Just spent the last hour reading up on this guy. Take a look at what I got from his website. I can tell you he already has my vote from his experience and if he is conservative, I will vote for him twice if I could. Dont think anyone is smart enough to pull out a Concervative C on a sign I expect it was the printer who did it.
*****************************************************************************************

Member of the Central Okanagan West Area Planning Commission

District of West Kelowna Board of Variance member

Central Okanagan West Area Planning Commission Chair

District of West Kelowna Agricultural Advisory Committee Chair

Seven years as an active member of Big Brothers

Five years serving on the Official Church Board at St Paul's United Church

Two years as COPAC representative

Served one year as PAC President

Served 1 1/2 years as a member of EBS

Has served on a number of executive councils.

Past President of the West Kelowna Rotary

Served as a Director for West Kelowna Youth Soccer.

Was chair of Central Okanagan Youth Soccer Association
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

Rick deJong is no doubt a Conservative of the big C category. Based on my dealing with him when he ran for the B.C. Liberal nomination here, I would give him A for ethics and integrity, et al, but I would not want him dealing with moral (abortion, e.g.) issues on my behalf.
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

I would agree wholeheartedly with "occasional thoughts". de Jong is an admitted large C Conservative federally and comes from the Conservative wing of the BC Liberal Party (which is an amalgamation of federal Liberals, like Christy Clark, and federal Conservatives, like Stockwell Day). From what I have seen, and seen of his brother, current Jobs Minister Mike de Jong, he has impeccable ethics, integrity and seems to have a good grasp of being a fiscal conservative with a pragmatic approach (spending where necessary, not being frugal to the extreme). On social affairs issues, however, he's too conservative for me.

That being said, given the sheer lack of quality candidates and a desire to see a wholesale replacement of the lacklustre incumbents, I find myself likely to mark an "X" next to Mr. de Jong's name. :)

Cheers,
Doug
maxx
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by maxx »

occasional thoughts wrote:Rick deJong is no doubt a Conservative of the big C category. Based on my dealing with him when he ran for the B.C. Liberal nomination here, I would give him A for ethics and integrity, et al, but I would not want him dealing with moral (abortion, e.g.) issues on my behalf.

You do realize that he's running for city council not Provincial or Federal office right?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maxx wrote:
occasional thoughts wrote:Rick deJong is no doubt a Conservative of the big C category. Based on my dealing with him when he ran for the B.C. Liberal nomination here, I would give him A for ethics and integrity, et al, but I would not want him dealing with moral (abortion, e.g.) issues on my behalf.

You do realize that he's running for city council not Provincial or Federal office right?

what? City councillors aren't in charge of abortions in this town? Learn something new every day.
Justin Trudeau is an evil blight on this once great country. Shame on every single dumb-dumb that voted for this clown in 2021. LET'S GO BRANDON!!
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I'm sorry if I was unclear, I am aware that local councils don't deal with abortion, et al, and I didn't mean to suggest it, but of anything that might come up with a "moral" bent to it at all, I would probably not like the representation that Rick would be giving me/us. Like, say, if council was asked to support a rainbow proclamation for gay parades or such like.
Bestside
Guru

Post by Bestside »

de Jong lost the provincial Liberal nomination to Ben Stewart.
Do you think this effort to catch a council seat is a stepping stone to run for the nomination for the Provincial Conservative party? He would have a good chance against Stewart I think.

de Jong could be a good fit in City of Kelowna municipal politics but I don't think his politics are a good fit for a bedroom community like West Kelowna.
"Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking" - David Frum
edwardv
Fledgling

Post by edwardv »

forumdoug wrote:I would agree wholeheartedly with "occasional thoughts". de Jong is an admitted large C Conservative federally and comes from the Conservative wing of the BC Liberal Party (which is an amalgamation of federal Liberals, like Christy Clark, and federal Conservatives, like Stockwell Day). From what I have seen, and seen of his brother, current Jobs Minister Mike de Jong, he has impeccable ethics, integrity and seems to have a good grasp of being a fiscal conservative with a pragmatic approach (spending where necessary, not being frugal to the extreme). On social affairs issues, however, he's too conservative for me.

That being said, given the sheer lack of quality candidates and a desire to see a wholesale replacement of the lacklustre incumbents, I find myself likely to mark an "X" next to Mr. de Jong's name. :)

Cheers,
Doug

If he has ethics like his brother I will not be voting for him. I won't vote for him purely based on his relation to his brother mind you. Anyone associated to the BC Liberal party is tainted in my books as having no ethics.

http://alexgtsakumis.com/?s=dejong

Return to “C.E. West Kelowna”