Mayor and Council

ixler8
Board Meister

Mayor and Council

Post by ixler8 »

Time for change or keep the same ?
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Mayor and Council

Post by Rwede »

Sweep it out and disinfect the chairs, IMO.

No one ever said farmers and anthropology teachers should be running a multi-million dollar corporation. The results of their endeavours are painfully obvious: crumbling and inadequate infrastructure, no tax base, and an empty Main Street. Enjoy the 44% increase in your water bill over the next 2 years, too. Brutal.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Meeko666
Fledgling

Post by Meeko666 »

Hey, I'm voting for the new "kid" on the block!!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

What are the opinions on the people running for Mayor?
Baker
Guenther
McCarthy
???? forget the others

Looks like time for a change from Baker.
You and 71 others Like this post
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Meeko666 wrote:Hey, I'm voting for the new "kid" on the block!!

Is that kid related to Brian McEwan, long time DLC bureaucrat? If so, it looks like more of the same old, same old at DLC.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
alienguy

Post by alienguy »

Yes I agree time to clean house. I will vote for the one who has the balls to come forward with a real plan (in writing) to change the B/S and the constant propaganda about how great they are and what a good job they do down at the District. The plan would have to include changing key top management as they are far too comfy in their jobs and have forgotten who they work for.

I see the CAO is playing politics with his well planned review of services which was announced the other day. I don’t think this is a coincidence that the review is being done now. Considering this should have been done years ago.
https://lakecountry.civicweb.net/Documents/DocumentList.aspx?ID=15693

Also the timing of his praise of council on his blog http://lakecountrybc.blogspot.com/2011/09/is-there-anything-happening-in-lake.html

We all know staff hates changes, so let’s make change happen.
"The World Is Run By Those Who Show Up" - Unknown
UnknownResident
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by UnknownResident »

Whoever puts some money into infrastructure gets my vote.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

LANDM wrote:What are the opinions on the people running for Mayor?
Baker
Guenther
McCarthy
???? forget the others

Bill Clark is the other candidate.

Baker's gotta go, there's no question of that.

Guenther is insufferably ignorant on many issues, and a screamer when she gets wound up (which is often), with more of the same old ingrained BS from the current council, on which she sits, IMO.

McCarthy has some business sense.

Clark is very active in the Chamber of Commerce, but I don't know his background well.

Looks like it boils down to the last two, since the first two spell further mismanagement of DLC.
M and M

Post by M and M »

RichardWede wrote:
LANDM wrote:What are the opinions on the people running for Mayor?
Baker
Guenther
McCarthy
???? forget the others

Bill Clark is the other candidate.

Guenther is insufferably ignorant on many issues, and a screamer when she gets wound up (which is often), with more of the same old ingrained BS from the current council, on which she sits, IMO.

Clark is very active in the Chamber of Commerce, but I don't know his background well.

Looks like it boils down to the last two, since the first two spell further mismanagement of DLC.

The only business sense McCarthy has is to benefit his own prosperity.
McCarthy is on record and on camera, in his first years of council stating that a business license should be denied to a local business because they are setting up in their own commercial space, and not in 'HIS' real estate listed vacant office spaces.
Jayson McCarthy's comprimise is to then suggest that the council restrict their business operating hours.

When I saw this on tv I almost fell off the chair with laughter.
Jayson McCarthy are you going to try to bring forth to council again Red Shorts day???
I suppose if you are mayor that will be first on your agenda.

Personal business with McCarthy was more of the same.
ixler8
Board Meister

Post by ixler8 »

So what's Bill Clark about ? I received a card in the mail from J McCarthy he just wants to develop Main St , that's his plan ? But developing Lake Country like DWK is not for me. I'm thinking we need some long term fiscal responsibility even if it is painful at first and some proactive thinking .
Don't worry ,about a thing.
cause, every little thing is gonna be alright.
M and M

Post by M and M »

ixler8 wrote:So what's Bill Clark about ? I received a card in the mail from J McCarthy he just wants to develop Main St , that's his plan ? But developing Lake Country like DWK is not for me. I'm thinking we need some long term fiscal responsibility even if it is painful at first and some proactive thinking .

Does any one remember that the original listing real estate agent of the land which is now Main Street was Jayson McCarthy.
There was a huge sign on the edge of the hwy.
Winbuck_Chuck

Post by Winbuck_Chuck »

The bright light of guenther running for mayor... Is that she will no longer be on council!
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Winbuck_Chuck wrote:The bright light of guenther running for mayor... Is that she will no longer be on council!

Good point! Bannish her to the sidelines!
icu

Post by icu »

Looks like it boils down to the last two, since the first two spell further mismanagement of DLC.[/quote]

Who better to run the place than a homegrown boy who family has been in the centr of winfield for 100 years .. great netnetwork i think

marias quote "Jayson McCarthy are you going to try to bring forth to council again Red Shorts day???
I suppose if you are mayor that will be first on your agenda."

Lets hope so i was at the meeting he dawned his Canada day shorts at council... showed courage to drop his drawers.. leadership in promoting the districts Canada day celebrations... and as pretty much all of the attending gallery aswell as council and staff had a great laugh... i want a Mayor whith a sence of humour to go along with leadership and courage..

Bill Clark is a really nice Guy and woud make a great councillor and a Mayor in the future if he gains more experience i hope he reconciders as he will likely work hard at whatever he does
erinmore3775
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by erinmore3775 »

... i was at the meeting he dawned his Canada day shorts at council... showed courage to drop his drawers.. leadership in promoting the districts Canada day celebrations... and as pretty much all of the attending gallery aswell as council and staff had a great laugh... i want a Mayor whith a sence of humour to go along with leadership and courage..

Jayson has both leadership and courage. While you may not always agree with his position, you do know where he stands and he is willing to explain his position. Few business people have taken the time to run for Council and dedicate time necessary to provide leadership on Council. I believe that Jayson has the skills necessary to get things moving in Lake Country.

In the past he was a supporter of sports and cultural events, he worked hard to ensure that infrastructure improvements were cost effective, and he never supported frivolous measures like the one proposed by the current CAO.

I think it is time to make a complete change of Council.
We won’t fight homelessness, hunger, or poverty, but we can fight climate change. The juxtaposition of the now and the future, food for thought.

"You make a living by what you get; you make a life by what you give." - Winston Churchill

Return to “C.E. Lake Country”