Idiot survey from @#%^* MP

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Idiot survey from @#%^* MP

Post by occasional thoughts »

So, did you check the mail today? Did you get your postage-unpaid Conservative b.s. titled "How can families save more?" from Don Albas, MP? Wow, we learn, since 2006 our Conservative Government (I thought the hacks were required by our egomaniac PM Harper to call it the Harper Government) has cut taxes more than 160 times. Nothing about cuts in services mentioned. I don't care the level of government or the stripe of the party anymore, I ascribe exactly zero intelligence and integrity to any politician who mentions tax cuts without linking them to service cuts.

But the best (worst!) part of this pap is the survey. Stupid self-answering questions of the class, "When did you stop beating your wife?" What really got me was the question, How would you describe yourself. You're allowed to signal whether you're (1) a stay-at-home parent, (2) a senior, (3) a veteran, (4) a parent of a child under 18, or (5) a working Canadian. Nothing else. I esp like the option of Veteran. All the negative replies from veterans who are being massively transgressed against by our federal government (I'm not a veteran) can be identified and dismissed.

With the Post Office going down the tubes, I don't know why our MPs are allowed to send out this garbage without paying postage, and replies to them are also postage free.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Idiot survey from @#%^* MP

Post by Randall T »

I`m not a Harper basher, but I took a quick look at the pamphlet and tossed it in the recycle bin. Appeared to be a lot of fluff and not worth spending any more time on.
I birn quil I se
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Randall T wrote:I`m not a Harper basher, but I took a quick look at the pamphlet and tossed it in the recycle bin. Appeared to be a lot of fluff and not worth spending any more time on.

I toss anything political in that bin without even opening!
It's a total waste of money and only full of propaganda.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

What is a Harper Basher?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

southy wrote:What is a Harper Basher?

Pretty much everyone because no one will admit to liking him.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

Bsuds wrote:
Pretty much everyone because no one will admit to liking him.

not true, there are plenty of them on castanet forums....i call them sycophants ;)
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Close but I call them Sickopants.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

Aw c'mon guys. He's one of the few PM's that's not a lawyer. That's gotta be worth something.
I birn quil I se
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Randall T wrote:Aw c'mon guys. He's one of the few PM's that's not a lawyer. That's gotta be worth something.

At least a Lawyer you know is a crook before he is voted into office.
occasional thoughts
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by occasional thoughts »

I don't think we can call Stephen Harper crooked, notwithstanding his rabid defence of various Conservatives for violating the federal elections law viz. fund raising, et al, but he is a liar/hypocrite par excellence and somewhat of a political thug. I hear he's a born-again Christian. Thanks god he's not an agnostic or atheist or we'd really be in trouble.
nextimeround
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by nextimeround »

Actually I'd like to keep the term "crook" alive. It's a stretch but the manipulation of public spending to advertise and promote his party is definitely on the line of being illegal, if not crossing over that line every so often. Then there's some question of a certain unaccounted for $3 billion dollars that I keep hearing about? Not sure of the truth of that though to be honest but let's keep "crook" on the table for now as we may need it :)

Sadly, I will not be surprised to have Albas and the Conservatives win the next election again. It boggles my mind really.
westbankkid
Übergod

Post by westbankkid »

Send an email to Albas telling him he won't get your families vote as long as "Dictator Harper" is the party leader...
samsquench07
Übergod

Post by samsquench07 »

Families can save more... simple Dan Albas... stop politicians from taxing us to death.... payroll tax, gas tax.. blah blah.. 1 for us,.... 19 for them
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

westbankkid wrote:Send an email to Albas telling him he won't get your families vote as long as "Dictator Harper" is the party leader...

That's a good point. I have already sent an email to the Liberals that they won't get my vote as long as "Manchild" Trudeau is their party leader.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Personally, my dream PM is a staunch fiscal conservative, not a born again Christian, leaves abortion as a choice to the woman, and smokes or has smoked MJ recreationally or medically. They will also recognize that Canada is a resource based economy and exploit every opportunity to build on that competitive advantage strength.
I don't see any current party leader that meets my job description.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.

Return to “Political Arena”