Auditors don't understand what being a senator is like

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Auditors don't understand what being a senator is like

Post by oneh2obabe »

OTTAWA—Conservative Sen. Nancy Ruth appears to have little faith in the ability of the auditor general to figure out whether she and her colleagues were inappropriately billing taxpayers for expenses.

“Most of their questions were not very sophisticated, nor do they really have anything to do with Senate business,” she told reporters Wednesday morning about her experience having employees for the federal watchdog comb through her travel expense claims as part of a large-scale forensic investigation into Senate reimbursements.

“There are a couple of times when my assistant put in for a breakfast when I was on a plane and they say I should not claim because I should have eaten that breakfast. Well, those (free) breakfasts are pretty awful. If you want ice-cold Camembert with broken crackers …” Nancy Ruth said.

“I just don’t think they understand anything of what it’s like to fly around the world to get here. They just don’t know,” she said.

The Conservative senator for Ontario — originally named to the Senate on the advice of former Liberal Prime Minister Paul Martin in 2005 — was responding to a report by CTV News Tuesday night that dozens of senators have received letters from the Office of the Auditor General asking them to account for questionable claims.

A sourced confirmed to the Star on Wednesday that at least 44 senators have received such letters and that one of them is former Liberal senator Rose-Marie Losier-Cool, who was asked to explain some $100,000 in claims.

Full article
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015 ... -like.html
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Auditors don't understand what being a senator is like

Post by Captain Awesome »

Awwww, Camembert with crackers ain't cutting it.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

They do, however, know a good whine.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Poor Senators! Got caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Most look like they could skip a few meals and it wouldn't hurt.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol i think they should thank their lucky stars it isnt a jury of taxpayers looking into the expenses

Return to “Political Arena”