The Alberta election

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: The Alberta election

Post by maryjane48 »

lmao , of course the right wing have never anything positive to say , its all about scamming money from tax funds. and duh there's going to be a shortfall in october because the crap job the pc did . but they have a billion now and if shell and the other energy company welcome notleys ideas then why wont the others , plus she hired a banker to look at the oil revenue program , doesnt get much more capitalist than a banker lol, it is telling though when clark makes little moves like notley is doing now , the rightwing on here cant gush enough, so it just goes to show the hypocrasy of the con trolls on here
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

I just spoke with a business associate in AB last week. He said some his contacts are moving their offices to SK with the fear of increased taxes.

The election result has already seen his firm lose some contracts, as feedback from some of their customers has been that they are putting bid proposals on hold in AB. They had been down to the short strokes on one major complex that was abruptly halted, with the proponent citing the change in government as they reason they are taking a "wait and see" approach.

He has close to 300 people working for him. That's a lot of good jobs that will suffer.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lakevixen wrote: and duh there's going to be a shortfall in october because the crap job the pc did .

ok, so first you say that Notley delivered a surplus budget (and were proven wrong as it was the PC's who did that), then you said there wouldn't be a deficit in October and were shown that in one of your own posts, Notley is saying there is going to be a deficit, and now you are admitting you were wrong but it's the PC's fault that there is going to be a deficit. Like all leftists, you are tying yourself into a logic pretzel.
Not afraid to say "It".
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

but from my post taxes have been raised in sask , why would someone move ? i posted a article that said bc would benefit not sask
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

then you said there wouldn't be a deficit in October
flat out lie. where is my words that said no deficit?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

now you are admitting you were wrong
another flat out lie , lets see where i said that
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

all i posted was alberta has a billion surplus , just like campbell had when he took over
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lakevixen wrote: flat out lie. where is my words that said no deficit?

LOL you really should be a comedian.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

lakevixen wrote:all i posted was alberta has a billion surplus ,

Flat out lie! See two can do this.
Not afraid to say "It".
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

back on topic please!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

what is all the flack, i just posted what was in the edmonton papers.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To alfred2 ...

You have got to stop posting truthful articles. It irritates those who see Notley as the newest NDP queen of the Calgary Silver Dollar.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

funny funny. some people do not think of the truth, they just spout their propoganda. it could be funny if it was not so stupid.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

mrs.bandaid wrote:Well I got the answer I expected.

Well if you expected that I would say that its dumb to just say that past 42 years as a whole were terrible in Alberta then I was glad to oblige you.

Yet you are judging the NDP based on 3 months. Thanks for nothing.

I'm judging them based on the fact that they've already ramped up spending. Even though Alberta is supposed to be going through a fiscal crunch. As for thanking me for nothing, not sure what that means, other than you deliberately don't want to listen to any other viewpoint, and just want to suckle from the anti-PC teat, where everything the PC's did in 42 years was all bad, all the time. Total lunacy, but be my guest.

As for judging the NDP as a whole, it is far too early to do that, for sure. I didn't like how Notley kicked open the pork barrel, and attracted every NDP parasite in Canada to Edmonton for cosy six-figure government salaries, but she had to reward the NDP apparatchiks and serve her union masters by following their orders. Such is life in the NDP.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Poll shows 'honeymoon' over for NDP, Notley

Support for Rachel Notley and her NDP party has dropped since this spring’s provincial election, but the premier still holds the highest approval rating among all party leaders, a new poll shows.

The Mainstreet/Postmedia poll found that if an election were held immediately, more voters would cast votes for the Wildrose Party than the governing NDP.

And while Notley’s approval rating has dropped 12 percentage points since the last poll in late May, her 50 per cent rating remains higher than that of Wildrose Leader Brian Jean (45 per cent), the Alberta Party’s Greg Clark (36 per cent), Liberal Party Leader David Swann (34 per cent) and the PC Party’s Ric McIver (25 per cent).

“The honeymoon may be over for Premier Notley as the realities of an NDP government sink in for Albertan,” said Mainstreet president Quito Maggi of the poll, which surveyed a random sample of 3,007 Albertans on June 30th.

“Really, the most significant number to me is the approval for Premier Notley having dropped quite a bit,” Maggi said. “But in context of where the approval numbers are for all the other provincial leaders, it’s a very solid, solid number.”

Maggi cited some of the NDP’s recent moves — raising minimum wage, increasing corporate taxes and announcing a royalty review — as possible reasons for the dip in support.

“There’s lots of uncertainty,” he said. “It’s been either just under or just over a year that we’ve been at $60 a barrel of oil, and Albertans have seen the impact of that on the economy. They’re not sure what the royalty review’s going to mean, they’re not sure about the increases to minimum wage and a number of other measures that have been brought in.”

“Maybe there’s a little bit of that natural buyer’s remorse within a couple of months as things set in,” Maggi added.

Political analyst David Taras said he was surprised by the poll numbers, saying he expected the “euphoria” from the NDP’s victory to last longer.

“I guess this is the result of the first session and I think the notion of the New Democrats is you make the tough decisions and you make them early,” said the Mount Royal professor.

“I thought the honeymoon was going to last for longer,” he added. “When you make decisions, particularly with regard to raising taxes, and raising taxes during difficult economic times, you’re going to lose support.”

Among all voters, the poll shows the Wildrose in the lead with 40 per cent support, ahead of the NDP with 31 per cent, the PC Party with 24 per cent, the Liberals with 3 per cent and the Alberta Party with 2 per cent.

Seventeen per cent of respondents were undecided.

In Edmonton, however, support for the NDP sits well ahead of the Wildrose at 57 per cent.

The difference in support between Edmonton and elsewhere in Alberta, where the PC Party leads in Calgary and and the Wildrose leads in the rest of the province, should be cause for concern, Taras said.

“(Notley) took bold steps, she passed her signature legislation, she’s made tough decisions, but she may be creating a firestorm of opposition,” Taras said, pointing again to the royalty review, tax hikes and mininum wage increase as reasons for the drop in support, especially outside Edmonton.

“She’s held in high regard, this is one poll, but if this is a first of a series of polls that show that the government is losing popularity and, in fact, the Wildrose is ahead even after a short period of time in office, they (the NDP) have got to be very nervous.”

The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 1.79 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/ ... p-notley-2
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “Political Arena”