Strategic voting pitfalls

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33285
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by Glacier »

George+ wrote:In Kelowna Lake Country the NDP actually doubled their vote.

Are you on glue? The NDP got 21% in 2011, and 14% in 2015. Stratetic voting was an utter failure because ridings where the you were supposed to vote NDP saw the Liberal support go up just as much as in ridings where you were supposed to vote Liberal. Case and point, Cariboo-Prince George saw the Liberal support up over 500% even though the NDP was supposed to take it. This split the vote, and Conservatives won anyway.
Jx3
Übergod
Posts: 1164
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2011, 7:46 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by Jx3 »

George+ wrote:In Kelowna Lake Country the NDP actually doubled their vote.

Glacier wrote:Are you on glue? The NDP got 21% in 2011, and 14% in 2015.


It seems that George must be living in a parallel universe or something. There must be some explanation for how he can be so completely wrong on such a consistent basis. It's actually quite comical.
LordEd
Guru
Posts: 6508
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:22 am

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by LordEd »

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/results-2015/


2011: 34,566(57%) CON, 13322(22%) NDP, 7069(12%) LIB, 5265(9%) GRN
vs
2015: 25512(40%) CON, 9044(14%) NDP, 29614 (46%) LIB, 0 (0%) GRN

Had to check if the increased voter turnout helped george, but no. 9044 (14%) is still 4278 less votes less than 13322 (22%).
If you need to get posts deleted because your can't face your own words, perhaps your argument was poor then or poor now. (Profile -> Search user’s posts)

Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by George+ »

It is the actual votes that you need to look at.

The NDP maintained their usual approx. 10, 000 votes.

The Libs went from 5000 to about 30, 000.

Most of that actually came from the Conservatives and not the Green or NDP.

Some Conservatives, it seems, do function in a parallel Liberal/Con universe!
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by George+ »

Even if you add in all the 2011 Green votes and a few thousand NDP votes,
it is not close to the Liberal increase.

(I think I incorrectly used a Lib. stat.)

The point...massive desertion by the Cons.
slootman
Übergod
Posts: 1806
Joined: Jul 11th, 2007, 12:37 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by slootman »

Conservative vote count dropped by 26%, while the NDP count dropped by over 30%. Seems the NDP were hit harder by desertion than anyone else.
LordEd
Guru
Posts: 6508
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:22 am

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by LordEd »

George+ wrote:It is the actual votes that you need to look at.

The NDP maintained their usual approx. 10, 000 votes.

The Libs went from 5000 to about 30, 000.

Most of that actually came from the Conservatives and not the Green or NDP.

Some Conservatives, it seems, do function in a parallel Liberal/Con universe!

In Kelowna-Lake country? Where are you getting your numbers?

Actual NDP votes 2011: 13322.
Actual NDP votes 2015: 9044.
9044 is less than 13322 . Go ask a teacher.
2015.JPG

2011.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you need to get posts deleted because your can't face your own words, perhaps your argument was poor then or poor now. (Profile -> Search user’s posts)

Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by George+ »

Okey..

The Liberals gained 22, 000 votes.

Those did not all come from the NDP and Greens.

Conservativs massively switched, also.

This is one of the widest margins in Canada.

Why?
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by maryjane48 »

39.5% of them, anyway




your math is waaaaaay off . the ndp , the bloc and greens are happy to that herr harper is ki ked to the curb .your boi lost
User avatar
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3702
Joined: May 12th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by StraitTalk »

Can anybody answer this question?

What is the problem with strategic voting if in your own opinion ensuring one person doesn't get the job is the best decision? Freedom itself should mean you can do this however you like to, without some arbitrary rule or expectation to side with just one party.
neroas
Fledgling
Posts: 170
Joined: Jul 13th, 2012, 10:09 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by neroas »

We all can vote the way we want, common sense for strategic voting goes a long way for those that chose that route.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33285
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by Glacier »

StraitTalk wrote:Can anybody answer this question?

What is the problem with strategic voting if in your own opinion ensuring one person doesn't get the job is the best decision? Freedom itself should mean you can do this however you like to, without some arbitrary rule or expectation to side with just one party.

Unless you're George+, there's absolutely nothing wrong with strategic voting.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 58906
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:your math is waaaaaay off . the ndp , the bloc and greens are happy to that herr harper is ki ked to the curb .your boi lost


If the NDP, Bloc-heads and Greens are happy with the results of that election, then they all should disband their parties right now.
Justin Trudeau is an evil blight on this once great country. Shame on every single dumb-dumb that voted for this clown in 2021. LET'S GO BRANDON!! #slidinBiden
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: Strategic voting pitfalls

Post by George+ »

And join the Liberals,

with a few percs.

Agree.

Return to “Political Arena”