Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
Jx3
Übergod
Posts: 1164
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2011, 7:46 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by Jx3 »

George+ wrote:NDP actually received twice as many votes as last election.


ummm...pardon? Where??

This thread is talking about the riding of Kelowna-Lake Country so one would logically assume that's what you are talking about however the facts don't support your claim at all.

2011 NEW DEMOCRAT Tisha Kalmanovitch 13,322 22.12%
2015 NEW DEMOCRAT Norah Bowman 9,044 14.1%

The NDP actually received 33% fewer votes than the last election in Kelowna - Lake Country.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 58817
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Jx3 wrote:
ummm...pardon? Where??

This thread is talking about the riding of Kelowna-Lake Country so one would logically assume that's what you are talking about however the facts don't support your claim at all.

2011 NEW DEMOCRAT Tisha Kalmanovitch 13,322 22.12%
2015 NEW DEMOCRAT Norah Bowman 9,044 14.1%

The NDP actually received 33% fewer votes than the last election in Kelowna - Lake Country.


If those darn Greens had just voted NDP. LOL!
Justin Trudeau is an evil blight on this once great country. Shame on every single dumb-dumb that voted for this clown in 2021. LET'S GO BRANDON!!
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33258
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by Glacier »

NDP support was down in all areas of the country except PEI and the north.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 18360
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 11:53 am

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by JLives »

Atomoa wrote:I am surprised and pleased to see the Conservatives unseated in the ultra safe Conservative riding.

I voted strategically and was one of a few thousand that made the difference. Good to see Kelowna embracing the future.


Me too. What sealed the deal was the endorsement of the Green Party. I got to vote pro-environment and anti-Harper. Win-win.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
User avatar
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 24998
Joined: Jul 22nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by Captain Awesome »

Atomoa wrote:Really looking forward to seeing what Fuhr does locally.


Would probably be the same old.

Nice guy, but will tow the party line to the end. That's how parties work.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Atomoa
Guru
Posts: 5704
Joined: Sep 4th, 2012, 12:21 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by Atomoa »

Captain Awesome wrote:Would probably be the same old.

Nice guy, but will tow the party line to the end


Somehow I don't see Fuhr trying to start a fist fight in Parliament or closing a Veterans office in Kelowna and saying if we didn't close it we'd end up a socialist nightmare "like Greece".

It's well known the Liberal and NDP are much more fluid in their party structure. Less "king" and more "team".
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by maryjane48 »

Glacier wrote:NDP support was down in all areas of the country except PEI and the north.

wrong again the picked up seats on van isle
LordEd
Guru
Posts: 6508
Joined: Apr 3rd, 2008, 9:22 am

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by LordEd »

JLives wrote:Me too. What sealed the deal was the endorsement of the Green Party. I got to vote pro-environment and anti-Harper. Win-win.

That's interesting, considering the letter to the editor.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/15 ... r-campaign

https://www.facebook.com/KelownaGreenPa ... 6146713497 (excerpted from the letter to the editor)
While Adams will not appear on the ballot, the Kelowna Federal Green Party Executive will not be endorsing or supporting another political party or candidate in order to avoid creating any false impression that the Green Party endorses another party

Edit: Does that count as a vote gained by deception?
If you need to get posts deleted because your can't face your own words, perhaps your argument was poor then or poor now. (Profile -> Search user’s posts)

Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.
User avatar
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet
Posts: 33258
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by Glacier »

maryjane48 wrote:wrong again the picked up seats on van isle

More seats, but fewer votes in every single riding. Here is a graph of all ridings in the interior and on the Island showing this fact. Okanagan ridings in blue.

NDP Tanks.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
logicalview
Guru
Posts: 9792
Joined: Feb 6th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by logicalview »

LordEd wrote:Edit: Does that count as a vote gained by deception?


you are dealing with the Green Party supporters here. Introducing reality to this discussion is not appreciated.
Not afraid to say "It".
User avatar
logicalview
Guru
Posts: 9792
Joined: Feb 6th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by logicalview »

Atomoa wrote:
It's well known the Liberal and NDP are much more fluid in their party structure. Less "king" and more "team".


What's actually well known is that you and truth are rarely acquainted. If you honestly think that the NDP or Liberals are "more fluid" then you are just kidding yourself.
Not afraid to say "It".
User avatar
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 30325
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by GordonH »

Okay I get (don't necessary like it) the pension, what hell is with the severance. You were not re-elected its hazard of being a politician, to bad so sad. Go back to whatever you were doing before you became a politician.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Federal-El ... n-the-blow
"You've Gotta' Ask Yourself A Question. 'Do I Feel Lucky?' Well Do Ya...PUNK?" Harry Callahan
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17124
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Liberal win in Lake Country/Kelowna

Post by maryjane48 »

more seats is more seats . simple math

Return to “Political Arena”