Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby madmudder » Nov 16th, 2018, 3:35 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 16th, 2018, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
User avatar
madmudder
Board Meister
 
Posts: 507
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 180 posts
Joined: Jan 1st, 2009, 7:32 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 19th, 2018, 12:09 pm

butcher99 wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Shortage of "trades" and apprentices is because the millennials don't want to work at these jobs. They all want to be computer game testers.


Yes, they want high paying clean inside jobs not working outside in the rain and cold and sweltering heat.


Just shows a narrowness of perspective. Not everyone wants to be a cubicle dweller. They are lots of folks who prefer to work with their hands, and a combination of working with their hands and minds to being stuck in a cubicle.

No generation, no group, is monolithic.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

Snman likes this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11121
Likes: 2799 posts
Liked in: 11353 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 19th, 2018, 12:28 pm

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-overhaul-of-bc-environmental-assessment-will-fail-scientists/

Ah yes, after trolling the phony green* crowd for votes - the BC NDP/LEAP turns their back on them. Unsurprising that legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is deemed a failure. Unsurprising that the main criticism is that BC NDP/LEAP legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is not fact based.

George Heyman always was, and is, a phony.

"The minority NDP government, which holds power with the support of the Green Party, has long branded itself as a champion on the environment. But, from the approval of the Site C dam and a massive LNG facility, to the continuance of logging old-growth forests and open-net fish farming, the New Democrats have not veered wildly from the path laid down by the Liberals."

Yep, the BC NDP/LEAP cynically trolled for votes, and in the end, deliver a big fat nothing burger for the green* crowd. No surprise there. The "working people's" NDP is much more closely aligned with the perspective of the BC Liberals than it is with the ideologically constipated Green* bunch.

That said, the balance in what we have had for environmental review has been decent, with only a very few notable errors..

Plus I am not surprised to see criticism from the ivory tower crowd with their own narrowness of culture and perspective. There is a balance, and the ivory tower crowd has been guilty of not seeing that, and also guilty of spinning out deeply flawed "reports" that are unscientific. So there is an element of hypocrisy in their criticism.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11121
Likes: 2799 posts
Liked in: 11353 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby butcher99 » Nov 19th, 2018, 4:26 pm

hobbyguy wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-overhaul-of-bc-environmental-assessment-will-fail-scientists/

Ah yes, after trolling the phony green* crowd for votes - the BC NDP/LEAP turns their back on them. Unsurprising that legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is deemed a failure. Unsurprising that the main criticism is that BC NDP/LEAP legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is not fact based.

George Heyman always was, and is, a phony.



You know, you can be kicked off these forums for calling people who post here what you continually call NDP Green supporters and the members of the NDP and green parties in power. Is there any particular reason you feel it is necessary to make all your rants so juvenile? The only thing it does is make you look like you are just a hater.

If what you post is true, you should be happy. Less regulation. What the people who support the NDP and the Green think is a matter for them and not you.

I am not sure what you are attempting to accomplish with this post.

Are you angry that they proposals do not go far enough? What was the reason for your post. Yes, I agree that the regulations do not go far enough. However they are going in the right direction for the first time in many years.

At least the NDP and Greens have the backs of the people of BC while maintaining a friendly business climate. A climate that despite your hate continues to keep BC as one of the lowest unemployment and highest GDP growing provinces in Canada.

burnedatstake likes this post.
butcher99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3782
Likes: 8 posts
Liked in: 825 posts
Joined: Mar 6th, 2005, 9:52 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 19th, 2018, 4:38 pm

butcher99 wrote:
You know, you can be kicked off these forums for calling people who post here what you continually call NDP Green supporters and the members of the NDP and green parties in power.


George Heyman is a village idiot and a phony. Why would anyone be kicked off this forum for telling the truth?

The only thing it does is make you look like you are just a hater.


Or in actuality, a truth-teller.

At least the NDP and Greens have the backs of the people of BC.


no they don't. They have the backs of their union puppeteers.
Do wearing germ-infested face diapers (masks) really stop the spread of COVID? Or is it just another chance for sanctimonious idiots to virtue signal to the rest of us what super-duper human beings they are? Thoughts?

Snman likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 43377
Likes: 21878 posts
Liked in: 34994 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am
Location: Far away from any Leftists

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby hobbyguy » Nov 19th, 2018, 4:46 pm

butcher99 wrote:
hobbyguy wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/british-columbia/article-overhaul-of-bc-environmental-assessment-will-fail-scientists/

Ah yes, after trolling the phony green* crowd for votes - the BC NDP/LEAP turns their back on them. Unsurprising that legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is deemed a failure. Unsurprising that the main criticism is that BC NDP/LEAP legislation spearheaded by the village idiot George Heyman is not fact based.

George Heyman always was, and is, a phony.



You know, you can be kicked off these forums for calling people who post here what you continually call NDP Green supporters and the members of the NDP and green parties in power. Is there any particular reason you feel it is necessary to make all your rants so juvenile? The only thing it does is make you look like you are just a hater.

If what you post is true, you should be happy. Less regulation. What the people who support the NDP and the Green think is a matter for them and not you.

I am not sure what you are attempting to accomplish with this post.

Are you angry that they proposals do not go far enough? What was the reason for your post. Yes, I agree that the regulations do not go far enough. However they are going in the right direction for the first time in many years.

At least the NDP and Greens have the backs of the people of BC while maintaining a friendly business climate. A climate that despite your hate continues to keep BC as one of the lowest unemployment and highest GDP growing provinces in Canada.


Actually, if you read the article, the changes are largely window dressing according the ivory tower crowd.

And as I correctly point out, the BC NDP incompetents, the snollygoster George Heyman front and center, were just using, in the worst sense of the word, the green* stuff to troll for votes.

The pertinent paragraph again:

"The minority NDP government, which holds power with the support of the Green Party, has long branded itself as a champion on the environment. But, from the approval of the Site C dam and a massive LNG facility, to the continuance of logging old-growth forests and open-net fish farming, the New Democrats have not veered wildly from the path laid down by the Liberals."

The BC NDP/LEAP pretended to be against site C to troll for a few votes. They pretended to be against LNG to troll for a few votes. They pretended to be against old growth logging to troll for a few votes. They pretended that the fish farms would be "gone" to troll for a few votes. (And never mind stuff like promising Uber by Christmas 2017 to troll for a few votes).

Ummm.... sorry, if that isn't the BC NDP/LEAP being phony snollygosters... then perhaps you can explain why it isn't??
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11121
Likes: 2799 posts
Liked in: 11353 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 19th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2107
Likes: 972 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Nov 19th, 2018, 7:46 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting Another User

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Carrs Landing Viking
Übergod
 
Posts: 1083
Likes: 14177 posts
Liked in: 1721 posts
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010, 8:06 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 19th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2107
Likes: 972 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby mikest2 » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
mikest2
Übergod
 
Posts: 1469
Likes: 1479 posts
Liked in: 2354 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby Snman » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Snman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1217
Likes: 1421 posts
Liked in: 984 posts
Joined: Aug 6th, 2006, 6:27 am

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby burnedatstake » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2107
Likes: 972 posts
Liked in: 493 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby alanjh595 » Nov 19th, 2018, 8:17 pm

burnedatstake wrote:with the obvious bias we face here in these forums you hit the nail on the head. right wingers wont be censored. or dealt with. its too bad.


What does this current generation's choice/desire to obtain employment in an environmentally controlled office punching a game controller or a keyboard have anything to do with a "trade"?
Something that takes years of study, testing,and apprenticeship under the close supervision of a certified "Red Seal" trades person?
What does that passion, devotion and dedication have to do with politics?

Removed
Last edited by TreeGuy on Nov 20th, 2018, 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13897
Likes: 5644 posts
Liked in: 6362 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby Pete Podoski » Nov 20th, 2018, 8:22 am

How much money did the taxi lobby give Horgan?

Image
Be sure to read Justin Trudeau's new autobiography: Sunny Day Sketches of a Small Mind

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Pete Podoski
Übergod
 
Posts: 1956
Likes: 4206 posts
Liked in: 5232 posts
Joined: Jul 16th, 2018, 9:13 am

Re: Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP

Postby Urbane » Nov 24th, 2018, 10:03 pm

This public school teacher is basically saying "Thanks for NOTHING GreenDP." The NDP, during the election campaign, raised expectations on the part of teachers. A growing number are not impressed. Here's an excerpt from one teacher's FB post (it's a long post but worth the read so do click on):
Open letter to my MLA and to the Minister of Education: Surprise! It’s about education funding
LAURA BARKER·WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2018
Hello Judy,
You may remember me from volunteering on your campaign for the past two elections. And Rob, you may remember me from discussing important Adult Education funding issues with you a number of times, both before and after your 2017 election.
I am a public school teacher living in Judy's riding, and I am also an activist: I encouraged many others to get involved, to volunteer, to donate, and to vote in the last election. I made a social media video highlighting my support for Judy and your party. But I am now facing some heat from friends and colleagues who ask what good their involvement and support of your party has done for them--especially in education.
And I am increasingly annoyed at continued requests to donate even more to your party. So let me tell you why I am seriously considering cancelling my current regular monthly donations to your party (a message I suspect your fund-raisers may be hearing from teachers quite a bit these days).
I currently am working with elementary school children who have special needs--the type categorized as "Low incidence", which includes some children with quite severe and complex diagnoses. This is why I am writing to you today.


Full post: https://www.facebook.com/notes/laura-ba ... 741601756/

In 2001 many teachers sat out the election or voted Liberal. Might history repeat itself come the next election?

rustled likes this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22388
Likes: 11014 posts
Liked in: 13722 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest