Bkr:Republicans

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14572
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Bkr:Republicans

Post by Alien Head Dude »

Why Did Republicans Storm the Capitol? They’re Running Out of Options

<snip>

Despite claims by the president and his die-hards, Democrats are not conducting “secret,” “Soviet-style” proceedings. At this stage, witness interviews are being conducted in private, with public hearings to be held later. This may not please Republicans, but it is not a sinister miscarriage of justice.

There are, in fact, plenty of good reasons Democrats are operating behind closed doors for now. The House’s impeachment inquiry is not a trial. It is more akin to a grand jury proceeding, where information is gathered and considered for the purposes of handing up an indictment. Any trial would be held in the Senate, with Mr. Trump represented by lawyers able to make all the substantive and process challenges he liked.

On Wednesday, Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio complained that Republicans were demonstrating out of frustration “at the idea that they can’t be a part of this.” Nonsense. Republicans are in every hearing room that Democrats are in and able to ask their own questions. During Mr. Taylor’s testimony Tuesday, Mr. Jordan had praised the Republican lawyers for their questioning of the witness.

Accusing Democrats of mishandling the process certainly fits with Mr. Trump’s enduring sense of victimhood. The strategy also works to inflame the party’s base against the opposing team, while allowing Republican lawmakers to avoid defending Mr. Trump’s behavior.

But, mostly, it’s about all they’ve got.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp

Accusing Democrats of anything and everything not only fits with Mr. Trump’s enduring sense of victimhood but matches his with the sense of victimhood held by his snowflake apologists. Ironically, those who like to go on and on about personal responsibility are also the loudest in complaining when they are unable to exhibit the same. John Boehner crying is the perfect face of the GOP.
The hard-right Cons on this board don't like anyone referencing the findings from the research
into conservative "thinking", but they sure do enjoy providing us with plenty of evidence for it.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14572
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Alien Head Dude »

Republicans' chilling surrender to Trump

Sen. John Kennedy is the exception that proves the rule. Kennedy backed away from the absurd Trumpworld fantasy that has claimed the minds of so many of his Republican colleagues. Now, as he told CNN's Chris Cuomo, the senator from Louisiana accepts the truth that it was Russia that interfered in America's 2016 election.

"I was wrong," said Kennedy. "The only evidence I have, and I think it's overwhelming, is that it was Russia who tried to hack the DNC ... I've seen no indication that Ukraine tried to do it."

The reversal may indicate that Kennedy has a moral sensibility or is smart enough to see that his previous statement to Fox's Chris Wallace -- that no one knows who did the crime -- made him look ridiculous.

<snip>

Others who seem unable to hear, or reason, include former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley, who now agrees that Trump is heaven sent, and Sen. Rand Paul, who went from Trump critic to bromantic partner. The president has said, "Rand Paul is a very special guy as far as I'm concerned. He's never let me down."

Trump's statement about Paul was both a dominance display and an endorsement the senator can present to voters who follow Trump's lead. By seeking the President's praise, Paul complied with the dynamic of capitulation that seems to overwhelm Republicans in Washington.

Too weak to resist, they see survival in joining the cult that degrades the nation a little bit more every day. What they don't seem to realize is that there will be an America and a Republican Party after Trump, but the damage they are doing now will make it much harder for both to recover.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/rep ... &ocid=iehp

The Republican "leadership" has really been showing themselves as the self-serving cowards that they are. Even when America finally does get the chance to clean the swamp, the Republicans' credibility won't recover quickly.
The hard-right Cons on this board don't like anyone referencing the findings from the research
into conservative "thinking", but they sure do enjoy providing us with plenty of evidence for it.
Rjamer
Übergod
Posts: 1190
Joined: Oct 26th, 2006, 5:04 pm

Re: Republicans

Post by Rjamer »

Republicans will pay dearly for defending and supporting Trump the Traitor.. History will not be kind !!
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific
Posts: 65796
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: Republicans

Post by The Green Barbarian »

removed
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 4th, 2019, 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off topic
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
tantor
Board Meister
Posts: 355
Joined: May 15th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Re: Republicans

Post by tantor »

Ka-El wrote:
Why Did Republicans Storm the Capitol? They’re Running Out of Options

<snip>

Despite claims by the president and his die-hards, Democrats are not conducting “secret,” “Soviet-style” proceedings. At this stage, witness interviews are being conducted in private, with public hearings to be held later. This may not please Republicans, but it is not a sinister miscarriage of justice.

There are, in fact, plenty of good reasons Democrats are operating behind closed doors for now. The House’s impeachment inquiry is not a trial. It is more akin to a grand jury proceeding, where information is gathered and considered for the purposes of handing up an indictment. Any trial would be held in the Senate, with Mr. Trump represented by lawyers able to make all the substantive and process challenges he liked.

On Wednesday, Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio complained that Republicans were demonstrating out of frustration “at the idea that they can’t be a part of this.” Nonsense. Republicans are in every hearing room that Democrats are in and able to ask their own questions. During Mr. Taylor’s testimony Tuesday, Mr. Jordan had praised the Republican lawyers for their questioning of the witness.

Accusing Democrats of mishandling the process certainly fits with Mr. Trump’s enduring sense of victimhood. The strategy also works to inflame the party’s base against the opposing team, while allowing Republican lawmakers to avoid defending Mr. Trump’s behavior.

But, mostly, it’s about all they’ve got.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp

Accusing Democrats of anything and everything not only fits with Mr. Trump’s enduring sense of victimhood but matches his with the sense of victimhood held by his snowflake apologists. Ironically, those who like to go on and on about personal responsibility are also the loudest in complaining when they are unable to exhibit the same. John Boehner crying is the perfect face of the GOP.


Nice try. Bill Clinton was given the opportunity by republicans to face his accusers and to call witnesses in other words due process. The democrats had to change the rules before running with their bogus impeachment. Going on 3 years and they still have nothing even after moving the goal post to suit themselves lol. You guys are priceless lol. Plenty of video of Nadler and Pelosi going on and on about how unethical it was and how bad it was for America to try to impeach a sitting president. There was no doubt about what Bill did lol. Typical of the left, rules for thee but not for me. Russiagate and the impeachment hearing up to this point have been a total joke making the democrats look like fools. I watched all of the hearings and could not believe my ears when listening to CBC report on the hearings and completely lie through their teeth. The truth will win in the end and the left and their media monarchy will loose all credibility. If you need to move the goal posts and make things up, you are not on the side of the truth. Every failing city in America is a democrat run city like Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, LA, Detroit and Chicago just to name a few. All cities with the highest homeless populations, highest crime, highest taxes and highest gun crime. #Walkaway
User avatar
Necro
Übergod
Posts: 1456
Joined: Aug 3rd, 2010, 8:04 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Necro »

CNN posts a false story? Say it isn't so.

Devin Nunes has been under assault since he helped uncover Spygate. His family received death threats. Devin's phone and travel records are available to all. Apparently.

Devin Nunes slaps CNN with $435 million defamation lawsuit

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ion-lawsu/

Rep. Devin Nunes filed a defamation lawsuit Tuesday against CNN for its Nov. 22 “demonstrably false hit piece” that said the California Republican traveled to Vienna in 2018 to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joseph R. Biden.

“Devin Nunes did not go to Vienna or anywhere else in Austria in 2018,” declares the lawsuit seeking $435 million in damages. He said he visited two countries: Libya and Malta on a congressional delegation, or “codel.”

The CNN story said Mr. Nunes supposedly met with former Ukrainian chief prosecutor Viktor Shokin.

“Devin Nunes has never met Viktor Shokin,” says the complaint, filed in U.S. District Court in Richmond. “This meeting never took place. Viktor Shokin doesn’t know and hasn’t even heard of Devin Nunes.”

CNN also reported that Mr. Nunes began communicating with Lev Parnas around the time. He is a Soviet-born U.S. citizen and Florida businessman who became a source for Rudolph W. Giuliani, President Trump’s personal attorney. Mr. Giuliani was investigating Ukraine’s involvement in the 2016 election


The truth will prevail.
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2337
Joined: Jul 5th, 2007, 11:42 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Ranger66 »

You asked for it.

"You can’t handle the truth."
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14572
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Alien Head Dude »

The Real-Life Mob Families of ‘The Irishman’? Donald Trump Knew Them

<snip>

One person who knew the real-life mob families that show up in The Irishman is President Donald Trump.
Back in the 1980s and 1990s, Trump’s buildings and his casinos attracted underworld figures like “Fat Tony” Salerno, the Fedora-wearing, cigar-chomping boss of the Genovese crime family. Salerno, who’s portrayed in the film by Domenick Lombardozzi, supplied the fast-drying concrete that built Trump Tower and other Trump properties. Salerno also controlled the local concrete workers union, and when a strike shut down construction in Manhattan in 1982, the one of the few buildings that wasn’t affected was Trump Tower.

<snip>

And it’s not just Trump who has links to the world depicted in The Irishman. It also overlapped with some of the figures in Trump’s world, past and present. Roger Stone, Trump’s longtime political adviser, also met Salerno when he visited Cohn’s Manhattan brownstone. This was in 1979, and Stone had been tapped to run Ronald Reagan’s political operation in New York. Cohn, dressed in a silk bathrobe, introduced Stone to the mobster and then offered to help him with the Reagan campaign. Cohn’s advice would change the course of Stone’s life: “What you need is Donald Trump.” Cohn sent the young political operative off to meet the up-and-coming real estate developer. It was a path that would lead 40 years later to Stone’s conviction last month on charges of lying to Congress about his contacts with WikiLeaks.

<snip>

More than three decades later, it’s Giuliani who is under federal investigation for his dealings in Ukraine, Trump is the president on the brink of impeachment, and bosses like Salerno are dead and gone, except for in the movies. As Giuliani finds himself in the crosshairs of prosecutors with the U.S. attorney’s office he once ran, it’s worth pondering what was on those tapes. Salerno died in prison in 1992, but his words captured on tape live on. When Giuliani says he has “insurance” on his famous client, is it to Trump’s connection to the lost word of The Irishman that he’s referring?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp

Just one big old crime family looking to secure more power and benefit for themselves. Anyone still believing Trump
and/or the Republicans stand for America or the American people is a super-dupe pretty much beyond hope.
The hard-right Cons on this board don't like anyone referencing the findings from the research
into conservative "thinking", but they sure do enjoy providing us with plenty of evidence for it.
User avatar
Necro
Übergod
Posts: 1456
Joined: Aug 3rd, 2010, 8:04 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Necro »

Ka-El wrote:Just one big old crime family looking to secure more power and benefit for themselves. Anyone still believing Trump and/or the Republicans stand for America or the American people is a super-dupe pretty much beyond hope.


An article written by Seth Hettena https://twitter.com/seth_hettena, a Russian Collusion Truther, is hardly the smoking gun you think it is. Especially when he uses words like "reportedly" and offers zero in way of evidence. Just a wink and a nod will do!

Sorry, not buying it.
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
tantor
Board Meister
Posts: 355
Joined: May 15th, 2010, 2:11 pm

Re: Republicans

Post by tantor »

Ka-El wrote:
The Real-Life Mob Families of ‘The Irishman’? Donald Trump Knew Them

<snip>

One person who knew the real-life mob families that show up in The Irishman is President Donald Trump.
Back in the 1980s and 1990s, Trump’s buildings and his casinos attracted underworld figures like “Fat Tony” Salerno, the Fedora-wearing, cigar-chomping boss of the Genovese crime family. Salerno, who’s portrayed in the film by Domenick Lombardozzi, supplied the fast-drying concrete that built Trump Tower and other Trump properties. Salerno also controlled the local concrete workers union, and when a strike shut down construction in Manhattan in 1982, the one of the few buildings that wasn’t affected was Trump Tower.

<snip>

And it’s not just Trump who has links to the world depicted in The Irishman. It also overlapped with some of the figures in Trump’s world, past and present. Roger Stone, Trump’s longtime political adviser, also met Salerno when he visited Cohn’s Manhattan brownstone. This was in 1979, and Stone had been tapped to run Ronald Reagan’s political operation in New York. Cohn, dressed in a silk bathrobe, introduced Stone to the mobster and then offered to help him with the Reagan campaign. Cohn’s advice would change the course of Stone’s life: “What you need is Donald Trump.” Cohn sent the young political operative off to meet the up-and-coming real estate developer. It was a path that would lead 40 years later to Stone’s conviction last month on charges of lying to Congress about his contacts with WikiLeaks.

<snip>

More than three decades later, it’s Giuliani who is under federal investigation for his dealings in Ukraine, Trump is the president on the brink of impeachment, and bosses like Salerno are dead and gone, except for in the movies. As Giuliani finds himself in the crosshairs of prosecutors with the U.S. attorney’s office he once ran, it’s worth pondering what was on those tapes. Salerno died in prison in 1992, but his words captured on tape live on. When Giuliani says he has “insurance” on his famous client, is it to Trump’s connection to the lost word of The Irishman that he’s referring?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolit ... &ocid=iehp

Just one big old crime family looking to secure more power and benefit for themselves. Anyone still believing Trump
and/or the Republicans stand for America or the American people is a super-dupe pretty much beyond hope.



Wow you sound really well informed! Myself being an American expat and having a lot of family in the states I can confidently say you don't have a clue what Republicans stand for, but I digress the truth will be coming out real soon and then I will come back to this thread to personally feed you your humble pie. Yes the rino's in the party are no better then the democrats but that is not who the republican public are at all.
User avatar
Alien Head Dude
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 14572
Joined: Oct 18th, 2015, 9:19 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Alien Head Dude »

tantor wrote: Myself being an American expat and having a lot of family in the states I can confidently say you don't have a clue what Republicans stand for, ...

Probably not. All we have to go on is what we see and hear with the Republicans throwing us “alternative facts” and scrambling to deflect blame from their Commander in Chief. For those of us with American friends and who have always thought of Americans as our cousins to the south this administration has been more than just a disappointment.
The hard-right Cons on this board don't like anyone referencing the findings from the research
into conservative "thinking", but they sure do enjoy providing us with plenty of evidence for it.
User avatar
Necro
Übergod
Posts: 1456
Joined: Aug 3rd, 2010, 8:04 am

Re: Republicans

Post by Necro »

Fun Fact

While Dims were playing their Impeachment games, "Cocaine" Mitch McConnell pushed 13 judge nominations through Senate. Look it up. A great day for Republicans!

[icon_lol2.gif]
Did you know 1 of 3 Biden voters are as dumb as the other 2? #LetsGoBrandon!
floppi
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4671
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Republicans

Post by floppi »

Yep good ole Mitch....face of the Republican corruption and enabler of the most corrupt President in History of the US.

The face of Republican evil: It's not Donald Trump

https://www.salon.com/2017/06/22/the-fa ... ald-trump/
floppi
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4671
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Republicans

Post by floppi »

Good Grief....Now that's something Donald wants to stop corruption [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] . He should look in the mirror.

Pretending Trump Wants to Stop Corruption Is the GOP’s Most Insulting Lie Yet

And now Republicans have arrived, at last, at their final defense. Sure, President Trump may have demanded Ukraine investigate his domestic rivals, and sure, there may have been some kind of conditional that-for-that trade that could be summarized in a Latin phrase. But it’s all okay because Trump was trying to root out corruption. He said so himself.

“The Volker/Sondland transcripts lay it out,” writes Representative Mark Meadows in the wake of transcripts proving beyond a doubt a quid pro quo, “@realDonaldTrump wanted to clean up corruption in Ukraine, and ensure taxpayer funded aid wasn’t going to corrupt causes.” Republican senator John Kennedy recently pleaded that Trump “honestly believes that there may have been corruption in Ukraine, and before he turns over $400 million of American taxpayer money, he’s entitled to ask.”

The Republican Party is on the precipice of endorsing Trump’s claim that he has an “absolute right” to push any country to investigate corruption. He just has to “honestly” believe, or at least claim to honestly believe, that the alleged corruption is real.

Even if Republicans believed in Trump’s sincerity, they would be handing the occupant of the White House powers inviting easy abuse. If a president can use the enormous weight of American diplomatic leverage to gin up probes against Americans who oppose him, and only his honesty limits his ability to use this power as a partisan cudgel, then we are at the mercy of the president’s good faith. Historically, that seems like a risky bet


http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/11/ ... hment.html
floppi
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4671
Joined: Oct 20th, 2007, 12:46 pm

Re: Republicans

Post by floppi »

What happened to the Party of George Bush senior? or even Ronald Reagan? They don't even seems like the same party?
Certainly a lot smellier.

Trump’s GOP Sheds Its Dignity, and Chugs His Kool-Aid

The Trump Republican Party has outdone itself in scoring merit badges for cowardice, betrayal, and corruption in the era of Trump, but the last two weeks have set a new standard for mendacity and outright treason so low it verges on chthonic.

The men and women (looking at you, Stefanik and Haley) of the GOP have almost entirely abandoned any philosophical or ideological predicate beyond how fast they can assume the position to kiss Trump’s ample *bleep* and cover for his ever-growing catalog of crimes and lies to the American people.

There’s plenty of blame to go around.

First, of course, is the cancerous core of Donald Trump’s defense network, Attorney General Bill Barr. I’ve written—almost ad nauseam at this point—about Barr’s skill, power and utter loathsomeness, but he’s about to pull another one of his defenses of Trump, and this one is big.

Barr is signaling, loud and clear, that he has decided to blow up the work of his own Department of Justice’s inspector general. Because of course he is.

If I still had the power to be shocked by corruption and the total subornation of the Department of Justice to serve Trump’s personal and political ends, perhaps I could at least fake a sense of surprise. But the clear signals coming from Barr and his fellow Trumpboy Lindsey Graham tell us the real Horowitz Report out next week—which will reportedly almost entirely exonerate the FBI for its conduct during the 2016 election and thus destroy a number of comic-opera Trump conspiracy greatest hits, and generally deflatesthe Fox News Deep State horror-show playlist—just won’t do.

Just as he did with his pre-release alteration of the Mueller Report, Barr is going to recast the Horowitz Report the only way he knows how: in Trump’s favor. Perfectly legal and cool. Barr knows his client, and his client is deeply invested in his Deep State persecution fantasies, along with the Trump base and the boys over at Fox State Television.

Barr is without question the most corrupt and political attorney general in the history of the United States of America. He is, in direct view of the public and press, manipulating the outcomes of an investigation to achieve a political outcome for this president. His almost unbelievable degree of contempt, recklessness, and disregard for the rule of law is the apotheosis of this lawless administration.


https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-go ... s-kool-aid

Return to “Bickering Room”