Bkr.All things Jagmeet

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: All things Jagmeet

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Catri wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:31 pm

Naw, folks I have spoken to, that are actual NDP voters are perfectly happy with supporting the Liberals on recent events.
LOL - and if you believe that, then there's a big bridge for sale across Lake Okanagan you can buy. No true "NDP voter" would ever support the idiot Liberals in this disgusting display of fascism. It's horrible and stupid.
Also they know how minority governments work and it’s not in their interest to bring down the government.
Nonsense - when a government doesn't govern any more, but decides to embrace fascism, then it's time to change them out. We didn't need an election back in 2021, that was a stupid decision. Now more than any time, we need to talk about sweeping out the garbage we have in power right now.
Seems like the vast majority of Trudeau haters are CPC faithful.
Seems like the vast majority of Canada lovers know that Justin needs to go.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:33 pm
bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:29 pm
Not sure where you've been for the past few days, but the police are aware and on the scene.
Now comes the truth.
How will the courts handle these terrorists whose actions the NDP condone.
So they are all still there then? Should be easy to identify and arrest. In assuming there are some factors to why the province and city have declared an emergency over it and requested assistance?
Boy, are you ever off key.
No, the terrorists (real terrorists) have vanished, aided and abetted by foreign funds.

Here, let me ring a bell for you.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6356257
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:40 pm
LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:33 pm So they are all still there then? Should be easy to identify and arrest. In assuming there are some factors to why the province and city have declared an emergency over it and requested assistance?
No, the terrorists (real terrorists) have vanished, aided and abetted by foreign funds.

So if they're gone why do you want to raise an emergency? Are they actively working on coming back?
Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.

Never forgot those who desecrated veterans on November 11th and their supporters.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:41 pm
bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:40 pm

So if they're gone why do you want to raise an emergency? Are they actively working on coming back?
They are gone for now, and safe with Jagmeet's approval. But we all know, including you that they will be back.
You know that too, don't you.

Oh, and aren't the protesters in Ottawa gone too, before the EA was even passed?
Evan
Board Meister

Post by Evan »

GordonH wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 5:48 pm
Looking at votes in the House of Commons lately ndp constantly voting with the liberals. Membership in ndp can’t be happy there leader is backing the criminal JT.
Naw, folks I have spoken to, that are actual NDP voters are perfectly happy with supporting the Liberals on recent events. Also they know how minority governments work and it’s not in their interest to bring down the government. Seems like the vast majority of Trudeau haters are CPC faithful and this sudden assumption that what they think weighs on the NDP leader is novel.

NDP supporter here, in and NDP dominated riding, who has voted NDP last several elections…

I support the NDP supporting this measure, and I applaud them for it. We may not all agree with the liberals a lot, but this is what needed to be done. NDP will continue to have my vote :)
To be inspired.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

Evan wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:51 pm

Naw, folks I have spoken to, that are actual NDP voters are perfectly happy with supporting the Liberals on recent events. Also they know how minority governments work and it’s not in their interest to bring down the government. Seems like the vast majority of Trudeau haters are CPC faithful and this sudden assumption that what they think weighs on the NDP leader is novel.

NDP supporter here, in and NDP dominated riding, who has voted NDP last several elections…

I support the NDP supporting this measure, and I applaud them for it. We may not all agree with the liberals a lot, but this is what needed to be done. NDP will continue to have my vote :)
So you align yourself with this comment by Singh, in reference to the Emergencies Act:

they must never be used against “Indigenous land defenders, climate change activists, workers fighting for fairness.”

In short, he is giving carte blanche to the recent actions by the terrorists that attacked the pipeline camp.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:46 pm
LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:41 pm
They are gone for now, and safe with Jagmeet's approval. But we all know, including you that they will be back.

Oh, and aren't the protesters in Ottawa gone too, before the EA was even passed?
The act was active as soon as invoked. The approval process provides either an immediate end or limited continuance.

Seems to have been pretty effective.

And the context of the words would seem to be towards this current declared emergency. Ie the warning being don't try to use it for something other than this one as he isn't approving it for something unknown.
Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.

Never forgot those who desecrated veterans on November 11th and their supporters.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

Funny. Me with some legal wordsmith training, reads it the exact same way as bb49 interpreted Singh’s shameful statement
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:23 pm
hobbyguy wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 5:59 pm I notice reference after reference to the latest conspiracy theory that the far right is promoting - the WEF conspiracy theory.
This is a thread about Jagmeet.
Jagmeet is doing his best to be an adult in the room, while the schoolyard nonsense swirls about him.
No, Jagmeet is doing his best to be the biggest wimp and total enabler of scum in this country, and he pulled it off. Way to go Jagmeet, you total and complete coward.
Yes it is a thread about Jagmeet, and some brought conspiracy theory into the discussion, where it has no place.

And the hyperbolic comments about enabling scum are just that. Especially from a supporter of the party that egged on and enabled the Ottawa occupation that was being run some unsavory types.

Jagmeet clearly that the use of the emergencies act is regrettable but necessary. Regrettable in that it should not have come to this, but the "leaders" that hijacked some trucker's concerns never had any attention of a legitimate protest, stating in writing that they wanted to overthrow a democratically elected governemnt.

IF that had not been the intent of hijack leaders, then the emergencies act might not get Jaqgmeet's support - but we will never know because the hijackers always wanted to overthrow democratically elected government(s).

Jagmeet and others are correct, one can NOT play the appeasement game with such anarchists.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

Talk about making mountains of molehills.

Sledgehammer to swat fly.

I guess ANY excuse will do now to justify passing of EA.

Slimemold
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

The Green Barbarian wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:36 pm Seems like the vast majority of Canada lovers know that Justin needs to go.
Nope. We can disagree on politics, but real “Canada lovers” love Canada regardless of which party is in power. Pretending the argument here is about anything other than partisan politics is a lie. You want a different Prime Minister, fine, put on your big boy pants and find a leader and platform that will appeal to enough Canadians to win an election and you will have a chance next time. Until then, you’re just going to have to learn to cope, because things don’t look to be changing and most Canadians are fine with that.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Removed
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 21st, 2022, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic

hobbyguy
Walks on Forum Water

Post by hobbyguy »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:02 pm
Evan wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:51 pm

So you align yourself with this comment by Singh, in reference to the Emergencies Act:

they must never be used against “Indigenous land defenders, climate change activists, workers fighting for fairness.”

In short, he is giving carte blanche to the recent actions by the terrorists that attacked the pipeline camp.
In this case, we are in agreement, those are ill considered words by Jagmeet.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Such blockades and occupations are anarchistic and can not be condoned under any circumstances by anyone. Doesn't matter if it is the far left "extinction rebellion" types or the far right "sons of Odin" types - it always an assault on democracy and the rights of others.

One can not pick sides on such issues and pretend believe in democracy.

It is clear that the proper peaceful use of the demonstrate is just that - to demonstrate in support of clearly defined issues and show that a large number of people share that viewpoint on the issue. Going beyond that slides the scale toward riots - which are clearly our of bounds.

I did not agree with the indigenous blockades of the railways, nor the blockades that "extinction rebellion" have put up nor the blockades/occupation by the hijacked truckers convoy. Policing now routinely arrests the "extinction rebellion" anarchists - as they should. The police should do and have now finally done the same with hijacked truckers convoy.

There is no place in our democracy for using blockades and occupations to hold hostage regular law abiding Canadians, their businesses and livelihoods. Not by anyone. No politician should countenance or enable such behavior in any way.

Jagmeet, as a lawyer, should know better than to make such a statement. (And yes, I checked, it is up on the NDP website.) I am disappointed that Jagmeet takes such a myopic partisan view.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:10 pm
bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:46 pm

The act was active as soon as invoked. The approval process provides either an immediate end or limited continuance.

Seems to have been pretty effective.

And the context of the words would seem to be towards this current declared emergency. Ie the warning being don't try to use it for something other than this one as he isn't approving it for something unknown.
"...seem to be towards this current declared emergency."? :200:

Then please explain to the readers why Jagmeet refers to “Indigenous land defenders, climate change activists, workers fighting for fairness.”

Were there indigenous land defenders protesting in Ottawa? Maybe.
Were there climate change activists protesting in Ottawa? Maybe?
Were there workers fighting for fairness in Ottawa? Most definitely.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

hobbyguy wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:34 pm
bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:02 pm

In this case, we are in agreement, those are ill considered words by Jagmeet.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Such blockades and occupations are anarchistic and can not be condoned under any circumstances by anyone. Doesn't matter if it is the far left "extinction rebellion" types or the far right "sons of Odin" types - it always an assault on democracy and the rights of others.

One can not pick sides on such issues and pretend believe in democracy.

It is clear that the proper peaceful use of the demonstrate is just that - to demonstrate in support of clearly defined issues and show that a large number of people share that viewpoint on the issue. Going beyond that slides the scale toward riots - which are clearly our of bounds.

I did not agree with the indigenous blockades of the railways, nor the blockades that "extinction rebellion" have put up nor the blockades/occupation by the hijacked truckers convoy. Policing now routinely arrests the "extinction rebellion" anarchists - as they should. The police should do and have now finally done the same with hijacked truckers convoy.

There is no place in our democracy for using blockades and occupations to hold hostage regular law abiding Canadians, their businesses and livelihoods. Not by anyone. No politician should countenance or enable such behavior in any way.

Jagmeet, as a lawyer, should know better than to make such a statement. (And yes, I checked, it is up on the NDP website.) I am disappointed that Jagmeet takes such a myopic partisan view.
Thanks. I appreciate your comment.

Return to “Bickering Room”