Bkr.All things Jagmeet

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.
LordEd
Guru

Re: All things Jagmeet

Post by LordEd »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:37 pm Were there indigenous land defenders protesting in Ottawa? Maybe.
Were there climate change activists protesting in Ottawa? Maybe?
Were there workers fighting for fairness in Ottawa? Most definitely.
None of the above related to the occuoation. That's the point.

Real workers were busy working.
Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.

Never forgot those who desecrated veterans on November 11th and their supporters.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:39 pm
hobbyguy wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:34 pm

In this case, we are in agreement, those are ill considered words by Jagmeet.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Such blockades and occupations are anarchistic and can not be condoned under any circumstances by anyone. Doesn't matter if it is the far left "extinction rebellion" types or the far right "sons of Odin" types - it always an assault on democracy and the rights of others.

One can not pick sides on such issues and pretend believe in democracy.

It is clear that the proper peaceful use of the demonstrate is just that - to demonstrate in support of clearly defined issues and show that a large number of people share that viewpoint on the issue. Going beyond that slides the scale toward riots - which are clearly our of bounds.

I did not agree with the indigenous blockades of the railways, nor the blockades that "extinction rebellion" have put up nor the blockades/occupation by the hijacked truckers convoy. Policing now routinely arrests the "extinction rebellion" anarchists - as they should. The police should do and have now finally done the same with hijacked truckers convoy.

There is no place in our democracy for using blockades and occupations to hold hostage regular law abiding Canadians, their businesses and livelihoods. Not by anyone. No politician should countenance or enable such behavior in any way.

Jagmeet, as a lawyer, should know better than to make such a statement. (And yes, I checked, it is up on the NDP website.) I am disappointed that Jagmeet takes such a myopic partisan view.
Thanks. I appreciate your comment.

And me, as well.

As to LordEd, do NOT presume you know my work history.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Feb 21st, 2022, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: report the posts.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:42 pm
bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:37 pm Were there indigenous land defenders protesting in Ottawa? Maybe.
Were there climate change activists protesting in Ottawa? Maybe?
Were there workers fighting for fairness in Ottawa? Most definitely.

Then why was it necessary for him to mention these groups?
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
polelady
Board Meister

Post by polelady »

LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

Since you want to compare the damaged equipment VS ottawa, let me be clear. If they are found they should receive the same treatment as has occurred in ottawa: arrested for mischief to property (up to 10years) and the company sue them for all the damage they did.

The difference is they left. Ottawa needed something more to kick them out.
Welcome to Conspiracy III. Because globalists killing everyone is a "health" topic.

Never forgot those who desecrated veterans on November 11th and their supporters.
blueliner
Übergod

Post by blueliner »

Catsumi wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:13 pm Funny. Me with some legal wordsmith training, reads it the exact same way as bb49 interpreted Singh’s shameful statement
^^^^^ :up: :up: :up: :up: ^^^^^^^^
But Singh's supporters don't care
Last edited by blueliner on Feb 21st, 2022, 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:46 pm

Because the act is broadly written. Note that all measures taken in the act are also subject to review. By making a statement its clear the approval of invoking the act is not being extended to use outside this current issue.

Are you saying you want the act to be applicable outside of the immediate declared emergency?

DoDo1975
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoDo1975 »

He wants to make it clear to the anarchists he supports that this is only for groups he doesn't agree with.
bb49
Guru

Post by bb49 »

DoDo1975 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:53 pm
He wants to make it clear to the anarchists he supports that this is only for groups he doesn't agree with.
He meaning Jagmeet, not me. Right? :biggrin:
I_am_a_Canadian (with unacceptable views)
DoDo1975
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by DoDo1975 »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:58 pm

He meaning Jagmeet, not me. Right? :biggrin:
Correct. Not that anyone with a lick of intelligence didn't already know what Jagmeet meant, but there are many posters here that may have needed it spelled out for them due to la tete haute syndrome.
Last edited by DoDo1975 on Feb 21st, 2022, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

bb49 wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:40 pm
LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 6:33 pm So they are all still there then? Should be easy to identify and arrest. In assuming there are some factors to why the province and city have declared an emergency over it and requested assistance?
Boy, are you ever off key.
No, the terrorists (real terrorists) have vanished, aided and abetted by foreign funds.

Here, let me ring a bell for you.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british- ... -1.6356257
Yeah, until they find a spilt soy latte, or some loose granola inside one of those machines, I don't see anything other than politically motivated speculation here.

Thanks for coming out.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

ohoh, Cats called someone slimemold.. things getting heated.

Glad he stood with JT
Tips for surviving the heat wave.
Drink lots of water
Don't test me
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

normaM wrote: Feb 22nd, 2022, 4:50 am ohoh, Cats called someone slimemold.. things getting heated.

Glad he stood with JT
why? It was a terrible decision that totally destroys the NDP's integrity and credibility. Are you a secret CPC supporter?
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

"Mr. Trudeau, you are a disgrace to any democracy. Please spare us your presence" - European Union addressing the sad sack of **** that is currently our PM.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

LordEd wrote: Feb 21st, 2022, 7:47 pm Since you want to compare the damaged equipment VS ottawa, let me be clear. If they are found they should receive the same treatment as has occurred in ottawa: arrested for mischief to property (up to 10years) and the company sue them for all the damage they did.

The difference is they left. Ottawa needed something more to kick them out.
The difference is Ottawa.
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

:up: :up:
Ideology...gives evil-doing its long-sought justification and gives the evildoer the necessary steadfastness and determination...[it] is the social theory which helps to make his actions seem good instead of bad in his own and others' eyes...
-Solzhenitsyn

Return to “Bickering Room”