Bkr.All things Jagmeet

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.
polelady
Board Meister

Re: All things Jagmeet

Post by polelady »

Note Calgary is about 1 hr and 20 min from Sundre ... so a nice redneck community of oil workers/farmers with some humor put the tractor and attachment together... I think whey should have a go fund me account for next year...lol
Gotta LOVE humor these days... should win the humor award for the float. !
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

George Orwell 1984 wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 6:40 amAgain, political satire at its finest!
rustled wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 7:20 amLabeled "racism" instead - no surprise there!
It doesn't take a lot of brains to see that something like this had a lot of potential to offend. Going ahead with it anyways smacks of the in-your-face attitude that is becoming all to common these days. I miss the days when Canadians had a reputation for politeness.
Denial is based on one very specific desire – for something to not be true.
Rat Fink 318
Board Meister

Post by Rat Fink 318 »

polelady wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 7:55 am Note Calgary is about 1 hr and 20 min from Sundre ... so a nice redneck community of oil workers/farmers with some humor put the tractor and attachment together... I think whey should have a go fund me account for next year...lol
Gotta LOVE humor these days... should win the humor award for the float. !
Again as I said before, pure ignorance!
Last edited by Rat Fink 318 on Jun 27th, 2022, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Rat Fink 318 at Okanagan Lake. Our second home for over 20 years, and soon to be our official residence.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:05 am
George Orwell 1984 wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 6:40 amAgain, political satire at its finest!
rustled wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 7:20 amLabeled "racism" instead - no surprise there!
It doesn't take a lot of brains to see that something like this had a lot of potential to offend.
Everything has the potential to offend. People choose to be offended. Someone posing as Lincoln would use a beard and a top hat. But we're told it's offensive to dress like Singh because people who do wear turbans and beards are going to be offended when someone dresses like Singh? IMO, that's a racist stereotype.
fluffy wrote:Going ahead with it anyways smacks of the in-your-face attitude that is becoming all to common these days.
Does it? Seems to me some of the people who insist it's offensive to dress up like Singh because it suits the "it's ignorant and racist" narrative will insist there's nothing at all "off" about Trudeau dressing his entire family up in traditional Indian attire. It's a goofy double standard, and a goofy thing to take offense about.
fluffy wrote: I miss the days when Canadians had a reputation for politeness.
And I miss the days when Canadians had a sense of humour and didn't look for offense in everything!
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Rat Fink 318 wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 7:22 am
George Orwell 1984 wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 6:40 am Again, political satire at its finest!
Ignorance at its finest!
what do you call this then, https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada ... -1.5290664
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I don't see the racist aspects as much as I see it as low-brow crap. It pretty much confirms the idea that those who put the display together were well aware that it crossed a line or two by their decision to crash the parade rather than go through the regular registration process.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:36 am I don't see the racist aspects as much as I see it as low-brow crap.
Like I said, we used to have a sense of humour in Canada. It used to be ok to dress up like a politician to make fun of what he or she is doing. Now it's "low-brow crap".
fluffy wrote: It pretty much confirms the idea that those who put the display together were well aware that it crossed a line or two by their decision to crash the parade rather than go through the regular registration process.
Sundre's a small community. This way, the people who came up with that float made sure their friends and neighbours who organized the parade didn't bear the brunt of the "outrage" of those with no sense of humour who are now calling them ignorant, racist, red-neck, low-brow, etc.

Gotta wonder if Singh is as thin-skinned about being mocked as a spreader of Liberal manure as folk here seem to be making him out to be.
...do some internal evaluation; Are you aiming to tell the truth or just "win"? Are you aiming to inform or to promote a narrative? Have you checked your facts or are you just accepting what you are told? Ad Nausica
seewood
Lord of the Board

Post by seewood »

rustled wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:20 am And I miss the days when Canadians had a sense of humour and didn't look for offense in everything!
Same :up: :up:
I am not wealthy but I am rich
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

"Looking for offensiveness" and "seeing offensiveness" are two different things. I've got a good sense of humour, but I can also see when a line has been crossed. Granted some people are okay with this sort of garbage, but I take pride in that I am not among them. If those who put the display together saw it as light-hearted politcal satire then why didn't they seek proper permission beforehand ? I'm not buying the "plausible deniability" for the parade organizers, that's just weak apologist tripe.
rustled
Buddha of the Board

Post by rustled »

fluffy wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:55 am "Looking for offensiveness" and "seeing offensiveness" are two different things. I've got a good sense of humour, but I can also see when a line has been crossed. Granted some people are okay with this sort of garbage, but I take pride in that I am not among them.
What line was crossed, exactly? People who think Singh is spreading Liberal manure made their point in a humourous way. Calling it "this sort of garbage" sure doesn't show any sense of humour whatsoever, IMO.
fluffy wrote:If those who put the display together saw it as light-hearted politcal satire then why didn't they seek proper permission beforehand ?
To protect their friends and neighbours in Sundre from people who "take pride in" calling those with whom they disagree "low-brow".
fluffy wrote:I'm not buying the "plausible deniability" for the parade organizers, that's just weak apologist tripe.
"Buy" whatever you choose, fluffy. I don't personally "buy" that the "offence" folk "see" here is anything other than partisan nonsense - "weak apologist tripe" from the humourless defenders of Singh's spreading of Trudeau's political "manure".

I really wonder if Singh is as thin-skinned as this is making him out to be.
Catsumi
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catsumi »

seewood wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:50 am
rustled wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:20 am And I miss the days when Canadians had a sense of humour and didn't look for offense in everything!
Same :up: :up:
Today, the humourless among us would literally bleed out if Pedersen from the Province newspaper was still lampooning politicians with his very wicked bullseye cartoons.

I still chuckle at depiction of Diefenbaker as a curly haired beaver, PET as a long legged dandy of amphibious sort “ces’t moi!”

Really, can JT/Jag be taken seriously as politicians?

Look at this meme. Which row are you in? viewtopic.php?p=3041344#p3041344
Last edited by Catsumi on Jun 27th, 2022, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect” - Mark Twain

“"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -W. Churchill
Gone_Fishin
Guru

Post by Gone_Fishin »

fluffy wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:36 am I don't see the racist aspects as much as I see it as low-brow crap. It pretty much confirms the idea that those who put the display together were well aware that it crossed a line or two by their decision to crash the parade rather than go through the regular registration process.
Seems you Liberal folks were fine when Justin dressed up so many times he can't remember them all.

But he's Justin Trudeau. Blackface is just good humour rather than racism or "low-brow crap."

That Jagmeet would support a person who mocked his own race is both confusing and deplorable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#TrudeauMustGo
George Orwell 1984
Übergod

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

Quick!! Rush to the front to be offended !! Jagmeet blathers on about the liberals and everything they do and immediately raises his hand to vote with them . He deserves a seat …. On the manure spreader.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Rat Fink 318 wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 8:08 am they might have made the effort and succeeded at having 'Jagmeet' properly represented as someone accountable from their community and driving the tractor. Otherwise, they should've scrapped the 'project.' :swear:
Why would that "properly represent" the cowardly idiot Jagmeet? As some sort of irony? He's not "accountable" at all, he's a disaster and an embarrassment to Canadians everywhere, especially after selling out to the scumbag Liberals.
Justin Trudeau- racist, elitist, liar. What a sick piece of garbage.

#Trudeaumustgonow
VaxisSafe
Übergod

Post by VaxisSafe »

George Orwell 1984 wrote: Jun 27th, 2022, 9:28 am Quick!! Rush to the front to be offended !! Jagmeet blathers on about the liberals and everything they do and immediately raises his hand to vote with them . He deserves a seat …. On the manure spreader.
I dunno if most people are offended, it's just dumb that Jagmeet-haters felt the need to hijack a parade meant to celebrate community.

If you want to dress up as Jagmeet for alleged "political satire" then go to amateur night at a comedy club; don't deliberately hijack a community parade.

Return to “Bickering Room”