B.C. Election 2013

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22742
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

^^Actually, you've missed many of my posts (poor you!) because I've been quite critical of this government so Christy Clark isn't my princess. What I've tried to promote, however, is the vetting of the NDP and not just the Liberals. Why give Dix and the NDP a free pass? When they do things that are unethical we should be calling them on it and yet some of you defend whatever they do no matter how serious. The most egregious example of that on here was when we were told that Dix backdating that memo during a criminal investigation in order to protect Premier Glen Clark was just what a good employee does for his boss. Wow! Dix's actions and that poster's response are both unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.
User avatar
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2136
Joined: Nov 6th, 2011, 10:37 am

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote:What I've tried to promote, however, is the vetting of the NDP and not just the Liberals. Why give Dix and the NDP a free pass? When they do things that are unethical we should be calling them on it and yet some of you defend whatever they do no matter how serious. The most egregious example of that on here was when we were told that Dix backdating that memo during a criminal investigation in order to protect Premier Glen Clark was just what a good employee does for his boss. Wow! Dix's actions and that poster's response are both unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.


And they were called on it by many and also by the media and by John Doyle.And when one looks at all the facts,we know that the NDP set up the account with the help of the comptroller and the article I posted above explains what the money was used for.We also know that John Doyle questioned how that account was set up and it's use and then questioned it in a draft report to the NDP.We know that Shane Simpson and John Horgan then went to John Doyle and explained that the comptroller ok'd and set up the account.Doyle didn't like how the whole thing was done,so the NDP then stopped the account.Also Shane Simpson and John Horgan suggested to John Doyle that if he felt there was anything illegal going on that he should call in the RCMP.So nothing is hidden,nothing is covered up.Nothing was done illegal.And it is not continuing.So how is that a free pass?
I know you are desperately trying to find something anything to make the NDP look as bad as the Liberals do ,but it's not my fault that your attempts are full of holes .But keep trying.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22742
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

    maple leaf wrote:I know you are desperately trying to find something anything to make the NDP look as bad as the Liberals do ,but it's not my fault that your attempts are full of holes .But keep trying.
No, I've just been pointing out that voters should be looking critically at both parties but that suggestion brings on the usual "Liberal apologist" onslaught. For NDP partisans it's much better if only the Liberals are put under the microscope but I feel strongly that both parties should be put under the microscope.
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by George+ »

Yes.
User avatar
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2136
Joined: Nov 6th, 2011, 10:37 am

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote:
No, I've just been pointing out that voters should be looking critically at both parties but that suggestion brings on the usual "Liberal apologist" onslaught. For NDP partisans it's much better if only the Liberals are put under the microscope but I feel strongly that both parties should be put under the microscope.


And they were put under the microscope,you just can't or won't except the results.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22742
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

    maple leaf wrote:And they were put under the microscope,you just can't or won't except the results.
Example: When I put Dix under the microscope and look at him backdating that memo in the middle of a criminal investigation I don't excuse him by saying that's what good employees do for their boss. How about you?
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by steven lloyd »

Urbane wrote: ..., I've just been pointing out that voters should be looking critically at both parties but that suggestion brings on the usual "Liberal apologist" onslaught.

If your efforts at keeping one malfeasant party out of power includes the notion that supporting an even greater malfeasant government that is already in power is the way to go than you have earned the title of apologist. Partisan apologist, in fact.
User avatar
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2136
Joined: Nov 6th, 2011, 10:37 am

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by maple leaf »

Urbane wrote:Example: When I put Dix under the microscope and look at him backdating that memo in the middle of a criminal investigation I don't excuse him by saying that's what good employees do for their boss. How about you?


Not my words,I can only speak for myself.But you continue to make false misleading statements regarding the memo incident.The fact is that Dix created the memo and put a date on it from when he made the notes on the subject (back dated it) in 1998.There was no openly known criminal investigation into the matter until the public was made aware there was an investigation in 1999 when the RCMP made a raid on Clarks house.So when you say he backdated a memo during a criminal investigation is false misrepresentation of the facts.A desperate attempt to try and make more out of something than the facts allow.If you have evidence and proof of Dix knowing in 1998 that there was a criminal investigation and lied under oath about how the memo came to be ,then perhaps you should bring that to the attention of the RCMP and they should arrest him.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22742
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

^^Not important to you but important to me and to many others.

Wikipedia: Then from 1996 to 1999, he served as Chief of Staff to Premier Glen Clark. He was forced to resign from that position after it was revealed that he had produced a memo and then back-dated it while marking it with an official Executive Office of the Premier stamp in an effort to make it appear that Clark had instructed him to keep him at arms-length from the process of awarding casino licences. He resigned with a severance package. Upon having his role in the RCMP criminal investigation of the matter confirmed, he refused to give back the severance which led to many not supporting his return to public life.[4]
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by George+ »

No, Ubane. Not important to most people.
You need to look at the details of what happened.
In fact the judge,in the Glenn Clark case,said he
exercised poor judgement-nothing more, nothing less.
Same with Dix.
Most people have moved on from this.
You need to.

http://thetyee.ca/News/2011/04/20/MemoMistake/

But bring on the attack ads/smears if you like.
More votes for you know who. :spinball:
XT225
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3209
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2009, 4:37 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by XT225 »

Urbane, answer this: "If Glenn Clark was so bad, then why would a Right Wing Business Tycoon like Jimmy Pattison hire him after he left office as the leader of the Left Wing NDP?" Obviously Clark is a good employee. It isn't rocket science.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22742
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

Those of you who saw the Global News special on Jimmy Pattison and Glen Clark ("The Odd Couple") know that Clark has changed a lot since he was Premier. But it was Dix who created that memo and then backdated it and it's Dix who now wants to be Premier. Anyway, you're all really proving my point with these posts asking us to excuse Dix for his inexcusable behaviour.
George+
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10008
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by George+ »

Zzzzzzzzzz........
BORING!
Bring on the election campaign.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 22742
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by Urbane »

I should let you NDP'ers get back to your love-fest but I'll just mention something for the voters in general. If this election campaign is just about scandals or faux-scandals committed by the present government the NDP will escape scrutiny. And believe me, they want to escape scrutiny. So the NDP'ers on here keep screaming about Liberal "malfeasance" and even those pretending not to be NDP'ers circle the wagons when any mention of NDP malfeasance is mentioned. And they don't want you to look at what happened the last time the NDP ran BC. When you talk about it they say that it was too long ago and some even suggest that the NDP did a great job. Well, they didn't and many of the same people are on the NDP team to take us down the same path yet again.
User avatar
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2136
Joined: Nov 6th, 2011, 10:37 am

Re: B.C. Election 2013

Post by maple leaf »

What a gong show,Christy Clark trying to make an announcement.Pay attention and be aware of the Christy Clark smoke and mirror show coming to a neighbourhood near you,lest you be taken in by the illusions.
http://www.cbc.ca/daybreaksouth/2013/03 ... -go-ahead/
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”