How is Dix fit to be premier

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
knowledgeisking

How is Dix fit to be premier

Post by knowledgeisking »

If this is already posted specifically my bad folks

This has nothing to do with the guys political party. yes I agree Gordon campbell should have resigned for his impaired charge, that was a no brainer as well.

Dix forges is document and gets caught riding the skytrain without buying a ticket. Am I missing something here, how can he be premier?

Politics is a joke because of the unaccountability at all levels
I'm smarter than you, I'm better looking than you and I probably have way more friends than you. I'm definintely taller than you. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: How is Dix fit to be premier

Post by Anonymous123 »

He's not. His own party fired him, and now he's their best choice? Scraping the bottom of the barrel is what it looks like to me.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

I think it's a lot like making Kerry the competition except in this instance Dix will be our Bush that wins. However much like that election, we really are given the option of two different lame ducks.

I am still surprised at how the NDP chose Dix as the candidate. It just seems like it was more "I took heat for you guys back then, pay me off now" than "I think I can improve BC"

but that's just me.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Veovis wrote: I am still surprised at how the NDP chose Dix as the candidate.

So are a lot of people. The NDP had at least one potential candidate who was/is a moderate and has no baggage (at least that I'm aware of). I think Mike Farnsworth would have been an easy sell, and a lot more comfortable for those people who are still leary of Dix and yet who know like most of us that the Liberals have to be removed. At this point I would really like to see every single person in province get out and vote and select any candidate other than a Liberal or NDP. What would be the worst that could happen?
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Well no independents in my region so I'm left with the big 4 there steven. I don't disagree though, I'd almost like a alternative this election as my options are limited. However I do know that the Liberal in my region has been pretty decent, I am disenfranchised with the party, however perhaps I need to pick the person and not the party this time, though it doesn't send a "smarten up" message they need.

I would have personally liked to see Dix step up in the past 6 months and be a leader, however the plan has held steady in a "let's let Liberal hate run the day"

I think the NDP could have become a solid leading group easily, but have preferred to take the "let's just win" route over the "let's be what BC needs" route.

I think that is a reflection of their leader at this stage, and it makes me sad, because most people should be able to make the Liberals look like a nothing party rather than a "well I guess their not the NDP" option. (this is also a failing of the conservative party and their squabbles over the past year too)
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Veovis wrote: I think the NDP could have become a solid leading group easily, but have preferred to take the "let's just win" route over the "let's be what BC needs" route. I think that is a reflection of their leader at this stage, and it makes me sad, because most people should be able to make the Liberals look like a nothing party rather than a "well I guess there not the NDP" option. (this is also a failing of the conservative party and their squabbles over the past year too)

I can’t agree with everything you’ve concluded about the NDP’s strategy, and according to polling results and many articles many people are looking at Dix as doing more than just the "let's just win" route. Some are openly crediting him with a fresh approach to the political electioneering process. Whatever though, it is the Liberals and their apologists who are succeeding in making the Liberals look like a nothing party. While many people are looking to Dix as the only alternative to a disastrous Liberal re-election I don’t believe we have to go that route and wish the polling was closer between at least three of the major parties. We have crappy choices and I’ve read the posts of some people here who state they belive a minority government is the best we can hope for. I might tend to agree. The Liberals are done, they are sinking further in the polls every day and you can see just how desperate their apologists are becoming. If everyone not already decided to be voting NDP (and the polls suggest the Liberals and their apologists are helping much in keeping that number quite low) instead cast a vote for a Conservative or Independent we might actually have a chance of getting that minority government. Removing the Liberals from power is still the most important thing that remains.

g'night :124:

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”