Christy Clark's level of education

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Christy Clark's level of education

Post by George+ »

Anyone out there know exactly what she completed beyond high school.?.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Christy Clark's level of Education

Post by flamingfingers »

George+ wrote:Anyone out there know exactly what she completed beyond high school.?.

Clark was born in Burnaby, British Columbia on October 29, 1965. Her father, Jim, was a teacher and a three-time candidate for the Legislative Assembly and her mother, Mavis, was a family counsellor. Clark attended Simon Fraser University (SFU), the Sorbonne in France and the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. She studied Political Science and Religious Studies but did not graduate.[5][6]

She got a pretty good job with having just a high school diploma, eh? No wonder she is not putting money into advanced education and skills training. "If a high school education is good enough for me, it's good enough for everyone else!"
Chill
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Please start another thread. Trip
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Wow, Sorbonne.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

flamingfingers wrote:She got a pretty good job with having just a high school diploma, eh? No wonder she is not putting money into advanced education and skills training. "If a high school education is good enough for me, it's good enough for everyone else!"

So how does this support your allegation? ............ http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/90398/1 ... -education
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Good question!
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

flamingfingers wrote:
quote]Clark was born in Burnaby, British Columbia on October 29, 1965. Her father, Jim, was a teacher and a three-time candidate for the Legislative Assembly and her mother, Mavis, was a family counsellor. Clark attended Simon Fraser University (SFU), the Sorbonne in France and the University of Edinburgh in Scotland. She studied Political Science and Religious Studies but did not graduate.[5][6]quote]

She got a pretty good job with having just a high school diploma, eh? No wonder she is not putting money into advanced education and skills training. "If a high school education is good enough for me, it's good enough for everyone else!"

So, out of the quote that you gave, you are saying that she did not have anything above a high school education??? Interesting that you would think that something is of no value unless you get the piece of paper at the end. An education is something that nobody can take away from you.....however, here we have that being attempted.
I know plenty of folks who have taken years of university level courses but have not received a degree, sometimes because of interest, sometimes because life presented other opportunities.
You and 71 others Like this post
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

She did not even complete one year in any of these institutions.

E.g. SFU. http://www.robbinssceresearch.com/polls/poll_781.html
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Whats the big deal of a post secondary education? Some of the most succesful people in the world do not have a degree. More importantly, outside of a specialization, what does a degree get one these days. I think it is ignorant to judge her by the level of education, especially considering she is more succesful that 95% of the people posting on Castanet.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Successful at what-talk shows??
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^ An approval rating of 25% is deemed "success"?
Chill
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

^^ I'm still waiting for the answer to how this article http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/90398/1 supports your assertion that Clark isn't putting any money toward advanced education or skills training?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^This is available to kids born after 2007 - to be accessed when they are approximately 20 years old (i.e. around 2027!!)

We need skills training NOW.
Chill
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Creative "spin" notwithstanding, the fact is it's a program put in place "now" to plan for education needs not that far off.

Just goes to support the position that regardless of what Christy does, some will find a way to "spin" it in a negative fashion, because nothing will ever be good enough.

Can't help but get the feeling some are allowing personal bias, be it gender, or character, overrule what is in the best interests of the many.
underscore
Übergod

Post by underscore »

Static wrote:Whats the big deal of a post secondary education? Some of the most succesful people in the world do not have a degree. More importantly, outside of a specialization, what does a degree get one these days. I think it is ignorant to judge her by the level of education, especially considering she is more succesful that 95% of the people posting on Castanet.

If that's considered success these days then I guess I'll stick to being a failure.
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”