Liberals & BC Rail deceit

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Liberals & BC Rail deceit

Post by Logitack »

BC Rail doesn't want you or me to know what happened at board meetings from 2003 and 2004, until sometime after the May 14 provincial election. It wants to consult with an unspecified public body before deciding what, if anything, it will release by May 29. Some of these records are now a decade-old. Why should they be kept secret?

The reason was not given, but I am very curious. The BC Rail board of directors in 2003 included Jim Shepard, the former forestry, pharmaceuticals, military and construction equipment bigwig and Clark loyalist behind the Concerned Citizens For B.C. anti-Adrian Dix ad campaign.

Don't forget how the BC Liberals fought tooth-and-nail to block Auditor-General John Doyle from seeing a copy of the $6 million indemnity agreement that forgave aides Dave Basi and Bob Virk of their legal bills after their surprise guilty plea in October 2010.
http://2010goldrush.blogspot.ca/2013/04 ... erest.html
maple leaf
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Liberals & BC Rail deceit

Post by maple leaf »

Once again,they say with one side of the mouth that everything was on the up and up but then do whatever possible to keep the information hidden and out of the publics view .Keep it hidden until after the election when it is to late and it won't keep them from being elected.These Liberals will say and do what ever it takes to be elected .And you can't believe a word they say.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
— Albert Einstein__________________________
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Logitack »

what is worse is that the liberal sheeple are ok with keeping this information secret until after the election
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^Heck they want to keep that information secret FOREVER.
Chill
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

YES!!

There’s about $215 million in new spending announced today, including more money for legal aid, the courts, a new ministry of women's equality, an independent seniors advocate, and $ 10 million for a judicial inquiry into the sale of BC Rail.

http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/stor ... ID=1945000
Chill
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Seems little difference, when comparing the Liberal camp, to the NDP lot, that remains in denial regarding all the red flags that have gone up where dear old Adrian is involved.

This is just the same old same old, rehashed in a new thread albeit with a new title twist.

I for one fully believe that Adrian Dix is a far worse emissary for British Columbians, than Christy Clark could ever be.

BC's success or failure is impacted by how others perceive us, and to a huge degree we are represented by our Premier.

Wouldn't surprise me if Adrian got kicked out of Asia if he tried to go there on a trade mission, what with union apron strings and all.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^And this is connected to" more money for legal aid, the courts, a new ministry of women's equality, an independent seniors advocate, and $ 10 million for a judicial inquiry into the sale of BC Rail."

How?
Chill
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I was responding to original post.

As far as the announcements you allude to go, well, quite a few of us have been predicting that with Adrian at the helm government will grow, so am I supposed to be surprised by those announcements?

It's partisan politics and Adrian creating jobs for his faithful.

A new ministry of women's equality (sounds like a great title and excuse to employ some BCGEU members), another buddy can go ask questions about BC Rail for $10 million, court, legal aid, all areas where Adrian can subtly place union workers and pretend to be the ultimate benefactor.

In other words typical government NDP style, same old, same old. Same skunk different decade.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

The skunk we have been smelling for the last decade plus needs to be buried in a deep, dark place.

Vote for Independents,vote for the NDP, vote for the Cons. Anything would be better than what we have now!
Chill
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I disagree with that assertion as Christy Clark has not been Premier for a decade.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I disagree with that assertion as Christy Clark has not been Premier for a decade.

How many times would you have to hit yourself with a hammar before realizing not the most prudent course to continue with ?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

It's hilarious to be told not to mention Adrian Dix's proven ethical lapses because they are "ancient history" while unproven assertions and outright falsehoods about the BC Rail sale are somehow not ancient history and are to be taken seriously. Anyway, if you want to just forget about the ethical lapses on both sides, imagined or otherwise, that still leaves the NDP with a failed government in the 1990's proposing similar policies now.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I disagree with that assertion as Christy Clark has not been Premier for a decade.

steven lloyd wrote:How many times would you have to hit yourself with a hammar before realizing not the most prudent course to continue with ?

So you're all fired up to go ahead and trade the hammer in for a twenty pound sledge? The logic being that the twenty pound sledge will be less painful because it'll only be around one term?

Sorry I can't go along with that, and given how wacky British Columbian voters have proven to be time and time again, I tend to view a vote for the current PC's or Greens as a vote for the NDP. It won't be too long before we see if I'm right or not.

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”