Dix - Green pandering to return B.C. to dark ages

Discuss the upcoming provincial election. Keep it civil in here, people. It's not the Political Arena.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Dix - Green pandering to return B.C. to dark ages

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Seriously??????????????????

Full knowledge of their past record, and that the party is still comprised of the same crop for the most part, isn't enough?

Noting how and what the NDP did in other provinces doesn't get the point across?

Good grief!
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

Yes, seriously! I think it would be a major hoot to see the look on the faces of the sky will fall if we get an NDP government for the next 4 years crowd if the NDP won a majority .....and actually performed very well when compared to the last 8 years :-)

Nab
danmartin
Board Meister

Post by danmartin »

[quote="LoneWolf_53"]Naturally let's not factor in the Global Recession[/color] because everything is the Liberals fault.[/color][/color]

Hey Lonewolf, didn't I recognize this in my post when I said things go in cycles?
Homeownertoo
Lord of the Board

Post by Homeownertoo »

steven lloyd wrote:I voted Conservative in our last election and will do so again.

Given the situation in your riding, voting Conservative is sensible choice, as well as the principled choice.
“Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.” -- Leftist icon Herbert Marcuse
“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs.” -- Hillary Clinton, 25/10/2014
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i have said i don't support any proposal so far regarding the norther gateway pipeline, and for this reason, here we are in bc, with incredibly sensitive environment to traverse from border to ocean,

LOL, this is the problem with the far left. Like it's any more sensitive than anywhere else like say the Mackenzie Corridor. The whole irony here is that Alberta is now talking about sending the oil to Tuktoyaktuk if BC nixes the pipeline. So instead of sending the oil 300 km over land to ice-free water, they are going to send it 600 km through frozen tundra, and then ship it out past icebergs instead.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

To Dan Martin, You obiously have not lived in BC through the NDP years in power, Or Your memory is completely shot! And just where did you hear there are no jobs in BC, Our construction firm pays top money and ALL expenses to travel and generous living out allowance, We cannot find enough workers. A new retail store in Kelowna cannot find enough workers. Maybe it's because people here are expecting HUGE wages like the union workers get? Sorry most companys cannot pay those kinds of wages, and not have any control over their employees, Or how they perform. on the job, The good union brotherhood does not exist outside the union canopy of slackers carried by their good union bros.I am willing to bet your were or are a good union employee.
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

To Steven Loyld , I guess you forgot the goof Harcourt who stated BC will be mine FREE in '93. Since when did the NDP change it's colors and decide Mines are good for BC. It WAS mine free in '93 Boy some people have real short memories.
james-d
Banned

Post by james-d »

To Nab, I guess you were not here when the commie NDP took us to a have not province in the 90s. Again, most people have learned what the NDP are capable have of, and those that do not have selective memories would NEVER consider voting them in again.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

NAB wrote:Yes, seriously! I think it would be a major hoot to see the look on the faces of the sky will fall if we get an NDP government for the next 4 years crowd if the NDP won a majority .....and actually performed very well when compared to the last 8 years :-)

Nab

Well listening to Adrian the Greased Weasel on Bill Good this morning, it was hard not to get extremely depressed. There is no way that they'll be "performing very well", not a snowball's chance in communist Venezuela. Risky Dix was asked why he wants to kill the TransMountain twinning, and it's because he "thinks" that its bad to increase tanker traffic in Vancouver. Forget the jobs it will create, forget the fact that we'll be forced to buy our oil from the US, forget all of that economic stuff. Forget what the industry thinks is safe. Forget what the Federal government thinks is safe. Forget what everyone else thinks is safe. All that matters is what Adrian "thinks". When you are a brain-dead NDP automaton, all that matters is that you are a massive coward, that doesn't "think" that you should be utilizing facilities that are already built, because there is, in your fevered brain, a "risk". It's just a rehash of the old NDP philosophy, that its better to just do nothing and be a yellow-bellied coward, then do any economic development. What a bleak future we face here in BC with that massive coward as our premier.
Not afraid to say "It".
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Post by NAB »

james-d wrote:To Nab, I guess you were not here when the commie NDP took us to a have not province in the 90s. Again, most people have learned what the NDP are capable have of, and those that do not have selective memories would NEVER consider voting them in again.

Then you guessed wrong, and mostly in the Central Okanagan as well - for almost 40 years through 3 versions of NDP (none of them "commie") and one version of Socreds, and in the private non-union business sector. You'll get no serious complaints support from me regarding the NDP years other than re Glen Clark and those stupid ferries, ....but more than a few regarding the Socred years. And of course plenty regarding the BC Liberal years since 2005.

Edit to add: BTW, with respect to those ferries, I place more of the blame for that fiasco on the influence of the private business sector involved at the time than on the government or unions.

Nab
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

NAB wrote:Edit to add: BTW, with respect to those ferries, I place more of the blame for that fiasco on the influence of the private business sector involved at the time than on the government or unions.
Nab

You didn't take note of the role that Adrian Dix played, and how checks and balances put in place to prevent problems were overruled or ignored?

The auditor general certainly noted the discrepancies.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

james-d wrote:To Steven Loyld , I guess you forgot the goof Harcourt who stated BC will be mine FREE in '93. Since when did the NDP change it's colors and decide Mines are good for BC. It WAS mine free in '93 Boy some people have real short memories.

huh ?!?!?

Return to “B.C. Provincial Election 2013”